Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW Z4's, Clash of the Aftermarkets

Clash of the Aftermarket Z4's

ok, here's the didliyo

The Cream of the Baverian Motor Works Aftermarket Tunners have a different idea of how a Boxster Basher should look, handle and sound.
    so they presented us with the following goodies, and im gonna hand them to ya on a silver plate.
    giving you the verdict of who shall win the Cherry to go with that cream

our contenders are :

in the left corner - the all new and improved Alpina Roadster S
    in the right corner - wearing Gun Metal grey shorts the AC Schnitzer ACS4 C30
    and barging in from the crowd by surprize - the winged Hamann Z4 3.3

so give it up for our contenders !!!
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Alpina Roadster S

ALPINA is delighted to announce the launch of the exciting Roadster S and Roadster S Lux. The cars offer unrivalled levels of performance and handling and increased levels of interior comfort and exterior styling.
    Performance
    Both models utilise the renowned ALPINA 3.4 litre six, each hand-built in Buchloe, Germany, and fitted on the production line during the cars’ manufacture.
    Strong performance comes courtesy of the 300bhp available at 6,300rpm and the ROADSTER S’ low kerb weight of 1320kg. Together they yield a 0-60mph sprint time of just 5.1 seconds. Top speed is 169mph (172mph with the optional hardtop).

The ZF S6-37 six-speed manual gearbox, developed to ALPINA specifications, augments the sporty nature of the car and enhances driver involvement.

362Nm (266 lb-ft) of torque is generated at 4800rpm, yet the real key to the ROADSTER S’ breathtaking elasticity is the availability of 90% of maximum torque from 3000rpm to 6500rpm.

Luxury Appointments
    The BMW ALPINA ROADSTER S provides a high level of equipment as standard, with the BMW ALPINA ROADSTER S Lux package offering a host of additional features at a moderate price. The Lux package includes:

Multi-function steering wheel
    ALPINA Wind Deflector
    ISOFix child seat mounts
    Headlamp Washer System
    Park Distance Control
    Xenon Headlights
    Cruise Control
    Satellite Navigation System
    Bluetooth Mobile Phone Preparation
    6-CD Changer
    ALPINA Extended Leather Interior (Dash, Centre Console, Door Handles and Door Trims)
    19" ALPINA DYNAMIC Wheels with MICHELIN Pilot Sport tyres (Front: 8.5" x 19", 235/35ZR19; Rear: 9.5" x 19", 265/30ZR19)

Economy & Environment
    Fuel consumption is commensurate with the performance level of the ROADSTER S; with Urban 18.6mpg, Extra-Urban 40.9mpg, combined 28.5mpg. The CO2 combined emission value is 238g/km. The ROADSTER S fulfils Euro III emissions, and ALPINA fulfils current EU requirements regarding recyclability of its vehicles.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

and here's the bastard in the pixles
    Attached Images Attached Images

one more

AC Schnitzer ACS4 C30

The latest member of the BMW family - the new Z4 roadster - has just been introduced to the world's public and at the same time AC Schnitzer presents its interpretation of this Roadster, excellent even in standard form, which already lays justified claim to being a classic of the future.

At the Geneva Motor Show 2003, AC Schnitzer presents a complete range of special accessories covering all areas of the vehicle and highlighting the authentic Roadster feeling. All components on show are currently in the development or fine-tuning stage; they will however all be available during the Spring.

For the power plant of the most powerful variant at present - the BMW Z4 3.0i - a performance upgrade is already "in the pipeline". A development achieved in close collaboration with the BMW Motorsport Team Schnitzer, Freilassing.

The power of the AC Schnitzer Z4 Compressor is increased by supercharger technology. The heart of the upgrade is a turbine supercharger which thanks its toothed belt drive allows almost noiseless running. Only in the upper speed ranges is the characteristic compressor note - totally desirably! - produced.

The geometric design of this supercharge means it only needs maximum 38.000 rpm to achieve a boost pressure of 0.35 bar at an engine speed of 6.500 rpm. This increases the output of the standard power plant to a stately 295 HP / 217 kW and brings the maximum torque up by 80 Nm.

Thanks to the excellent efficiency of the supercharger, there is no need for an extra charge cooler. The high-tech bearings are permanently lubricated via an autonomous, dedicated oil reservoir. This has the advantage of allowing the two oil circuits to work independently.

The scope of supply of the AC Schnitzer supercharger kit performance upgrade also includes the full stainless steel AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer with chromed tailpipe trim in the new racing design and a modified control unit program. The performance upgrade is naturally also available for other vehicles with the M54 B30 engine.

Even without the engine tuning - for the BMW Z4 2.5 or 3.0i - we recommend fitting the AC Schnitzer sports rear silencer which optimises gas flow and hence response behaviour. As a "smaller alternative" the tailpipe trim in racing design completes the package.

Faster and more precise gear changes promote the adrenalin surge and improve the car's acceleration. So for the manual BMW Z4 3.0i we have adapted the AC Schnitzer Short Shift.

To ensure safe control over the driving power of the new BMW Z4 at all times, a special high performance brake kit for the front axle is in development. The internally vented and slotted brake discs measure 334 millimetres in diameter and are 32 millimetres thick. The special calipers are fitted with two 42 mm diameter pistons. Naturally the standard ABS system is retained in full.

Our engineers also invest great efforts and their entire know-how from motorsport in developing the sports-safe suspension setting.
    In extensive tests on race tracks and on public roads, a complete suspension concept has been developed which consists of the AC Schnitzer sports suspension, special anti-roll bar kit and the racing strut brace. The complete concept, the components of which can also be fitted individually, ensures sporting handling while retaining the high standard of driving comfort.

The suspension concept also includes the AC Schnitzer Type II and Type III alloys and racing rims in multipiece design. Specially selected for the Z4 roadster are various wheel and tyre combinations up to size 8.5J x 19" offset 43 with tyres 235/35 R 19 on the front axle and 9.0J x 19" offset 37 with tyres 265/30 R 19 on the rear. For tyres, we recommend high performance types from Continental and Michelin.

The high technical standards we set for our products are also evident from the bodystyling of the AC Schnitzer Z4 roadster. It was a particular challenge to pick up the styling of the Z4 roadster and continue its lines with subtle emphasis while retaining its discreet elegance.

The result is a made-to-measure outfit for the BMW Z4 roadster which fulfils all these attributes. The front part is enhanced by an exciting design of front spoiler attached to the standard front skirt. And it realises even more downforce on the front axle.
    The smooth connection between the front and rear is created by the AC Schnitzer side skirts adapted to the contours of the Z4. The integrated cooling ducts also guide the air flow directly to the rear brakes.

Particularly eye-catching are the side-mounted deflectors with integral flashers for the indicators, which with their chromed ribs give a totally new appearance.
    The two-piece rear wing, the triangular sections of which are mounted separately left and right on the boot, sets totally new accents.
    The overall appearance is rounded off by the new AC Schnitzer rear skirt, which not only harmoniously integrates the sports rear silencer into the rear end but at the same time gives the vehicle a far more powerful look.

Exclusivity is the watchword in the cockpit of the AC Schnitzer Z4 roadster: as well as a silver carbon-fibre interior, matching door sill trims and an ergonomically designed AC Schnitzer airbag sports steering wheel, the accents are set by the aluminium accessories. Choose from the pedal set with matching footrest, the handbrake handle and - for manual models - matching gear knob. For automatics we are currently developing a carbon-fibre selector. Last but not least, foot mats are available in high quality velours with the AC Schnitzer logo.

The AC Schnitzer Z4 is a thoroughbred roadster which combines all technical and aesthetic characteristics. On the track, cruising the country lanes or in the city - wherever you go, it's at home.

some pix why dont you ?

some more ?

even more ?

Hamann Z4 3.3

The new BMW Z4 from HAMANN:
    286 hp / 210 kW from 3.3 litres capacity and sporty design

The new BMW Z4 has arrived in the dealers' showrooms and HAMANN MOTORSPORT gives the roadster an even more sporty touch:
    The new HAMANN HM 3.3 increased-capacity engine with 286 hp / 210 kW and 355 Nm of
    maximum torque makes the Z4 about 270 km/h fast. In addition the range contains custom-made
    HAMANN light alloy wheels in 17-, 18- or 19-inch diameter, sporty set up suspension
    modifications, a high performance brake system, prominently designed bodystyling parts and
    exclusive options for the cockpit.

The HAMANN HM 3.3 increased capacity engine for the Z4 3.0i is the latest development in the
    extensive HAMANN engine tuning program. The increase of capacity to 3.3 litres is made using a
    special long-throw crankshaft, bigger pistons and exactly balanced rods. In addition the four-valve
    cylinder-head is machined and equipped with sport camshafts and high performance valve springs.
    A special induction pipe and a recalibrated ECU completes the engine conversion. In addition the
    HAMANN sport rear silencer is fitted. The sport exhaust is available in two different versions with
    two or four tailpipes.
    The HAMANN engine combines outstanding performance with excellent smoothness and
    exemplary emission behavior and fuel consumption. The HAMANN HM 3.3 engine delivers 286 hp
    / 210 kW at 6,200 rpm and produces 355 Nm of maximum torque at 4,000 revs. The two seater
    now accelerates in 5.0 seconds from 0 - 100 km/h and is about 270 km/h fast.
    The HAMANN HM 3.3 engine conversion is of course also offered for all other current BMW
    models with 3.0 litre six-cylinder double Vanos engines. The Z4 with 2.5 litre engine can be
    upgraded with the HAMANN HM 3.0 increased capacity engine with 240 hp / 177 kW and 304 Nm
    of maximum torque.
    The HAMANN SPORTSHIFT gearshift travel shortage, which makes changing the gears even
    quicker and more precise, is available for all Z4 models with manual gearbox.

In addition HAMANN gives the roadster an even more striking look. The front of the car isn't only
    visually upgraded with a spoiler which is fixed on the standard bumper. In addition this HAMANN
    aerodynamics component also reduces the lift on the front axle. The HAMANN headlight covers
    give the Z4 an even more aggressive look.
    Sideways the open BMW looks lower and more stretched with the new HAMANN side panels.
    Besides the HAMANN designers developed new side direction indicator moldings with implied air
    scoops.
    On the back of the car the two-piece HAMANN rear spoiler is designed to provide an optimal
    aerodynamic balance in conjunction with the diffuser integrated in the rear bumper.

The extraordinary HAMANN look for the Z4 is additionally marked by one-piece or multi-piece
    HAMANN light alloy wheels in 17-, 18- or 19-inch diameter. On the enclosed photo of the front
    view the roadster is furnished with multi-piece HAMANN PG3 light alloy wheels of the sizes
    8.5Jx19 front with 235/35 ZR 19 tires and 10Jx19 with 265/30 ZR 19 tires on the rear axle. The
    picture of the back of the car shows the BMW with multi-piece HAMANN PG2 wheels of the
    dimension 8.5Jx19 all around with 235/35 ZR 19 tires. These new rims have a special feature:
    Their outside well is equipped with a stainless steel protecion ring which can be easily exchanged.

To round off the sporty look and to further improve the car's handling, HAMANN provides different
    suspension modifications for the BMW Z4. The range starts with progressive HAMANN sport
    springs which lower the two-seater by about 40 millimeters front and 20 millimeters on the rear
    axle. Alternatively available is the height-adjustable HAMANN sport suspension, which lowers the
    roadster up to 60 millimeters front and 40 millimeters rear. Also available from HAMANN: A two-
    piece, adjustable front strut brace and adjustable sport anti-sway bars.
    To be able to always safely control the high road performances of a HAMANN tuned BMW Z4,
    HAMANN offers a high performance brake system with 4-pot aluminium fixed calipers and slotted
    and vented brake disks with 355 millimeters in diameter on the front axle.

Numerous options for the interior from aluminium pedals over an ergonomically shaped airbag-
    sport-steering-wheel up to exclusive full leather trims round off the HAMANN program for the new
    BMW roadster.

let's see them

even more ??

Alpina :

3.4 Liter
    300bhp @ 6,300rpm
    362Nm (266 lb-ft) @ 4800rpm
    weight - 1320kg
    0-60mph - 5.1 seconds
    Top speed - 169mph

AC Schnitzer :

3.0i Liter
    295 HP / 217 kW at 6500rpm
    250 nm
    weight - 2998 lbs
    0-60mph - 5.3 sec

Hamann :

3.3 litres
    286 hp
    286 hp / 210 kW at 6,200 rpm
    355 Nm at 4,000 revs
    5.0 seconds from 0 - 100 km/h
    Top Speed - 270 km/h

i've given you the facts
    now its up to you to decide which one you want more

I have a strong feeling I would go for the Hamann... although, I really am not sure... I never really liked the Z4 anyway!
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

ive got a scanned article comparing aftermarket 996 Turbo's if anyone wants to see it, i can post it
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

POST IT POST IT and I like the Hamann

Thread Information