Thread: Alfa Romeo Kamal Concept 2004

Alfa Romeo Kamal Concept 2004

The Kamal concept is a little shorter that a 156 sportwagon, but high enough (1620mm) to be clearly an SUV in its concept. The vehicle was shown as an exterior-only model.

This rugged yet voluptuous design shows a likely future direction for Alfa Romeo and would be a logical addition to their current range and could share many parts with the 147 and 156.

Kamal is powered by the company's 3.2 litre V6 with 250bhp driving all four wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

more !!!!!!

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

more ?

even more ?

are you crazy, so many pix ?

last two

NICE alfa thats a great car
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Two Words. Currr Veee

OOOOOOOOOOOOH! As much as I don't really like the idea of Alfa Romeo Making SUVs, I gotta admit, it is damn sexy for an SUV. At the time I first saw it, I liked it so much I made it my first ever chop! I know I only did the colour, wheels and door, but at the time I though it looked pretty tidy. In retrospect the line I tried to hide is painfully obvious and the wheels are a nasty resolution. But the colour is sexier.

it's baby blue, so it isnt a very sexy color, but it's still a very clean chop

From the web:
    Employees at Elasis (Pomigliano), one of Fiat's R&D firms, have been a little trigger-happy with their cameras recently. One of their workers leaked out photos of this concept (photos included), the Alfa Romeo Kamal, which we first saw at the Geneva Motor Show of 2003.

These photos, with Elasis headquarters in the background, were taken in September. What is unknown is if this vehicle is a mule being used for testing, or an abandoned Kamal design study just being moved elsewhere. The Alfa Romeo Kamal had been rumored for 2010 production on the Alfa Romeo 159 platform. But those plans changed after the Fiat/Chrysler mashup. Back in June, the speculation was that two SUVs would be built by Jeep, and get the A.R. shield.

However, with Fiat and Chrysler chief Sergio Marchionne preparing to unveil the Fiat Group's short- and mid-term plans later this month, perhaps this SUV could be a sign of things to come. Alfa Romeo has toyed with the idea of releasing a SUV for years, and Chrysler certainly has a number of potential partner vehicles available for re-branding.

[UPDATE 14.12.2009] A reliable source tells us it is a design demonstrator prototype that has been put on hold/cancelled.

Source: Alfa Romeo Kamal SUV Mystery Spy Photos?

Thread Information