PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem...help!

ZeTurbo
12-02-2004, 04:08 PM
ok here is my problem... i need to clear some space on my hard drive. its full of movies. most of them i have burned, but i need some tool to "cut" those BIG files that are bigger than the 700mb capacity of a cd.
so basically something that will allow me to cut video files... any help, links or tips are welcome
thanks guys

BjD
12-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Virtual dub (google for it, or i think its on sourceforge.net) :D free and does the job nicely, works with most codecs you have installed. Open the vid file in that, delete the 2nd half of the file, then 'Save as'. Make sure its set to 'Direct Stream copy' in the video menu first :) Then do the same again for he other half.

Only other program I can think of is EO Video, a bit more user friendly but dont think its free.

d-quik
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Windows Movie maker is the mostest freeestest prgram you can use.:):)

Matra et Alpine
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Windows Movie maker is the mostest freeestest prgram you can use.:):)
Sadly it re-renders the video and audio feeds :(
THAT can introduce errors and artefacts NOT in the original !!

Thre are a lot of avi splitters around and most have free trials.
I've used http://www.boilsoft.com/videosplitter/ to do exactly waht you are wanting. The 25 day free trial gave me plenty of time to split the files I needed :)

There are many otherrs out there - do a google for avi splitter

The advatnage is they do NOT re-render and only copy stream to stream so retain all the good ( and bad ) parts of the original encoding.

SlickHolden
12-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Try find that latest Nero, In that there is many programs that burn to DVD-R or SVCD VCD. Also there is a good little program called DVD2SVCD.

tmnt_ppn
12-03-2004, 11:40 PM
instead of cutting your movie, why dont you use dvd? with 4,5 gigs, anything can fit in it. unless your movie is more than 7 hours long.

ZeTurbo
12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
thanks for the tips evryone, you have been a real help.
virtual dub works fine.
tmntmail, a dvd is not an option, i wont invest 150$ on a dvd burner for this piece of shit computer:D