PDA

View Full Version : Which games have Nurburgring Nordschleif?

:Exige:
12-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Im getting Project Gotham 2 for christmas with Xbox Live mainly because it has the Nurburgring Nordschlief (I definatley spelt that wrong but its the really long one :rolleyes: ). What other games do you know which have this track? Id like to start memorising it for when Im older and consider going but never will because im too lazy :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-04-2004, 12:22 PM
gt4 comin out

johnnyperl
12-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Id like to start memorising it for when Im older and consider going but never will because im too lazy :D
its not very hard to memorize if you try to memorize it in a "whats next" way. what i mean is the track has sections of curves which you can memorize and once you know how sharp the upcoming curves are its easy to select the correct speed and deal with the upcoming section.

Mustang
12-04-2004, 01:12 PM
project gotham 2 is the only one with it at the moment but GT4 will have if it ever comes out

it takes a while to unlock it on PGR2 but its worth it, inface im gonna go and do it now because after i got my xbox replaced i didnt have any saved data so i had to start again :mad:

im right at the staret now

Rockefella
12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
project gotham 2 is the only one with it at the moment but GT4 will have if it ever comes out

it takes a while to unlock it on PGR2 but its worth it, inface im gonna go and do it now because after i got my xbox replaced i didnt have any saved data so i had to start again :mad:

im right at the staret now
Is PGR2 really THAT good? When I saw it in stores it looked like a cheap attempt at a racing game, but everyone on this forum keeps talking about it and giving it rave reviews.

Mustang
12-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Is PGR2 really THAT good? When I saw it in stores it looked like a cheap attempt at a racing game, but everyone on this forum keeps talking about it and giving it rave reviews.

Yeah it is pretty damn good :)

not quite as realistic as real life but an amazingly big improement on the first

great graphics too

Matra et Alpine
12-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Grand Prix Legends on the PC has had it for over 5 years :)

Esperante
12-04-2004, 02:00 PM
PGR2 is great, Motor Trend rates it like 90% realistic (car physics), each track/city was meticulously recreated with thousands of photographs.......anyway, yes, Nordshleif is easy to memorize after a while, you can kind of think, oh, now here's a straightaway, here's a light turn, uphill, light left, medium right, brake, left.....PGR2 also makes it easy to remember because at every hard turn there is a red/white barrier. :)

Now I just hope some game will eventually include Sudschleif :)

12-04-2004, 04:09 PM

Ive been meaning to get GPL for a long time now but whenever I consider getting it another game comes out. I didnt realise it had the 'Ring. Ill get it once ive completed PGR2 and Halo 2 :D

ZeTurbo
12-04-2004, 04:21 PM
gt4 comin out
IT WILL??????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
greaaaaaaaaaaaaat :D
that is assuming gt4 comes sometime before the end of days....

my porsche
12-04-2004, 04:51 PM
PGR2 is great, Motor Trend rates it like 90% realistic (car physics), each track/city was meticulously recreated with thousands of photographs.......anyway, yes, Nordshleif is easy to memorize after a while, you can kind of think, oh, now here's a straightaway, here's a light turn, uphill, light left, medium right, brake, left.....PGR2 also makes it easy to remember because at every hard turn there is a red/white barrier. :)

Now I just hope some game will eventually include Sudschleif :)

whoa whoa whoa! theres a SOUTH section!!!! damn!!! thats awesome, i always wondered why it was north if there was no south

blackcat77
12-04-2004, 05:00 PM

And you can buy a converter to adapt it for NASCAR Racing 2003.

my porsche
12-04-2004, 05:18 PM
adapt it for NASCAR Racing 2003.

and why in the wide wide world of sports would you ever want to do that? nascar is yucky

Rockefella
12-04-2004, 09:51 PM
and why in the wide wide world of sports would you ever want to do that? nascar is yucky
I like NASCAR :)

kko
12-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Wo, Pgr2 90% relalistic , no way.

ZeTurbo
12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
my porsche.. is that sig meant to provoque me? ;)
just because you own a porsche does not mean u are bigger fan than me!
i want proof! :D

my porsche
12-04-2004, 10:38 PM
lets have a face off or something, and its not just cuz ive had a few porsches, its cuz i read two porsche magazines every month, have read books on it, and know more about porsche than a considerable (most) amount of adults

F1_Master
12-05-2004, 01:39 AM
PGR2 was awarded Xbox Racing Game of the Year 2004.
ITs currently the biggest racing title for the Xbox, but is slowly dieing. I still see tons of people playing it online.

12-05-2004, 06:14 AM
PGR2 was awarded Xbox Racing Game of the Year 2004.
ITs currently the biggest racing title for the Xbox, but is slowly dieing. I still see tons of people playing it online.

When I get my hands on it, it will be more alive than ever! ;) Sure taught Toca Race Driver 2 a good time :p

Matra et Alpine
12-05-2004, 06:32 AM
Sure taught Toca Race Driver 2 a good time :p
Xbox or PC ?
If PC what handle ??
Any add-on tracks or skins/cars for Toca RD2 yet ? I've not seen any :(

Coventrysucks
12-05-2004, 06:41 AM
Xbox or PC ?
If PC what handle ??

Only skins so far www.bhmotorsports.com

A "mod activation tool" has been released for adding new tracks without breaking the game's copyrights, but I haven't seen any tracks so far. :(

Esperante
12-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Here is a complete map of Nurburgring, including Sudschleif. Sudschleif is much smaller, it is the oval-shaped course connected to Nordschleif by 2 straightaways.
http://www.oppositelock.freeserve.co.uk/map.gif
WARNING-BIG PIC

12-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Xbox or PC ?
If PC what handle ??

PC - I think its DB9Vantage .. havent played in a while. Used to be in a sorta clan where we'd have no rules. Half of us would go the right way around and try to win, the other half would have to stop us. It wasnt simply driving into each other; it became more tactical than Rainbow Six 3. We'd setup roadblocks but make them ridgid, some cars would simply flip over us :)

We used the mod which lets you use any cars on any circuit .. very very fun. Has anybody made a mod which removes the rain from Brands GP yet? I had a crack at it but none of us could figure it out.

RacingManiac
12-05-2004, 01:36 PM
There is another driving game that'll come with Nordschleife for PS2...I forgot the name though.....

There is a version made from the original GPL version available for EA's F1 2002 and F1 C 99-02 for a while now....I think it will also be released for the coming GTR for PC as well...

PGR2 cannot be 90% realistic if I've been hearing cars like 911GT1 or something runnin 6:30 around Nordschleife....

12-05-2004, 01:53 PM
There is a version made from the original GPL version available for EA's F1 2002 and F1 C 99-02 for a while now....I think it will also be released for the coming GTR for PC as well...

PGR2 cannot be 90% realistic if I've been hearing cars like 911GT1 or something runnin 6:30 around Nordschleife....

Just had a little gander on Racesim central and your right about it being on GTR .. theres a demo and apparently you can download that track.

Oh, and when they say about PGR2 being 90% realistic, theyre reffering to the track and not the cars. However, never heard of 6:30 times in any vehicle. The fastest time ive ever heard of in 7 mins something in the Cerbera Speed 12. In the long beach addon pack you can download they have a Radical SR3 Turbo which currently holds the record for fastest time for a road car in real life .. should rival the Cerb methinks :) The only thing thats really quite unrealistic about the track is the Karusell .. ive seen screenshots and its too long and not banked enough. Of course, something that games cant replicate is change in height and surface properties (bumpy etc) unless you want to spend a few millions on military spec training sims .. tempting :rolleyes:

Matra et Alpine
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Of course, something that games cant replicate is change in height and surface properties (bumpy etc) unless you want to spend a few millions on military spec training sims .. tempting :rolleyes:
Not anymore.
Check out RIchard Burns rally for road surface pot holes etc.
Also the TT Superbikes sim that is comeign out on the PS2 soon has the compelte 37 miles of the Isle of Man road circuit mapped using a truck with multiple cameras and ultrasonic distance measuring and has mapped the COMPLETE track down to 2feet sections !!!
Even military sims don't go that detailed.
Some of the new games out nad coming are VERY impressive at modelling the grtound better and some (SOME!) are getting better at the car physics.
Sadly some are only good for a night out in the arcade with a few mates and lots of beer :)

Alfist-GTV6
12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Here is a complete map of Nurburgring, including Sudschleif. Sudschleif is much smaller, it is the oval-shaped course connected to Nordschleif by 2 straightaways.
http://www.oppositelock.freeserve.co.uk/map.gif
WARNING-BIG PIC

Indeed.

Information for the peeps who don't know the Sudschleife or never heard of it:

Everybody knows the current Nurburgring GP Circuit, right? :rolleyes:
The Sudschleife was destroyed to give place for the GP Circuit.
There are still some remains left of the old Sudschleife though.

What the Sudschleife and Nordschleife connected was the Start und Ziel strecke.
When you were on it, the Sudkehre (RIP) was the entrance to the Sudschleife and Nordkehre (still exists) was the entrance of the Nordschleife.

And the old pitstop/starting-line is almost at the same position as the current pitstop/starting-line.

Anywayz.......the game Racer (http://www.racer.nl) also has the Nordschleife.
That track can be found on Racer-Xtreme (http://www.racer-xtreme.com)

12-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Not anymore.
Check out RIchard Burns rally for road surface pot holes etc.
Also the TT Superbikes sim that is comeign out on the PS2 soon has the compelte 37 miles of the Isle of Man road circuit mapped using a truck with multiple cameras and ultrasonic distance measuring and has mapped the COMPLETE track down to 2feet sections !!!
Even military sims don't go that detailed.
Some of the new games out nad coming are VERY impressive at modelling the grtound better and some (SOME!) are getting better at the car physics.
Sadly some are only good for a night out in the arcade with a few mates and lots of beer :)
I meant you cant actually feel all the bumps or height change .. apart from vibration feedback which is like being tickled with a weasel. Unless they are coming to arcades with a huge hydraulic lifts. I think the game that has got closest to it is Scud Racer .. which is probably the prime example of a game only good for a night out with beer .. that and air hockey of course :)

Matra et Alpine
12-05-2004, 03:21 PM
yeah,feeling it trhough the seat and sideways is missing.
SOME of the sims on the PC are now quite good at letting you feel the onset of slip.

THere is a guy who offers a semi-pro platform for about $20K :) Full 3 axis movement with about 3-4 feet max movement. Quite impressive !!

12-05-2004, 03:29 PM
I did have a clip once of a simulator that was a few metres high and used some hydraulic arms to move the chassis that you were sat in. It tilted and everything .. actually, i think i got that video off these forums .. anyone remember it?

Just downloading Racer and the Nurburgring track now .. I used to play Racer but at the time i was only on 128k bandwidth so i couldnt do much .. im on 512k now (would have prefered 1mb :) )