PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator

Wouter Melissen
12-06-2003, 04:36 AM
We are proud to announce a new addition to our moderator staff, Egg Nog. His contributions and overall attitude have earned him this new appointment.

We are looking for one more active member to join our staff, so if you are interested let us know.

Egg Nog
12-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks Wouter :) I feel very at home :)

I think you might want to start a poll for a moderator. I've got some ideas...

I'm thinking maybe megotmea7 or NoOne would make a good moderator.

Nash
12-07-2003, 03:22 AM
Sweet. I'm not that active though.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse, Egg Nog....

and my vote for new moderator is crisis!

crisis
12-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
Welcome to the nuthouse, Egg Nog....

and my vote for new moderator is crisis!
Thatyou for your vote of confidence. Im not sure I have the time or would be reliable enough to do the job justice.

crisis
12-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by crisis
Thatyou for your vote of confidence. Im not sure I have the time or would be reliable enough to do the job justice.
Plus I can't spell.

NoOne
12-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Egg Nog

I'm thinking maybe megotmea7 or NoOne would make a good moderator.

Congrats Egg Nog :cool: ..... and thanx for the mention, though I could not accept the position with my own time constraints.

My vote would be for Crisis or megotmea7, based on their considerable knowledge in cars and more general areas, both have great attitudes in sharing and explaining information, and from what I've seen/read they are kickass people too, hell, give them both a position !!

:cool:

henk4
12-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Plus I can't spell.

And having once condemned the Ferrari P3 to an eternal stay in a museum makes me wonder whether you would be able to deal with an important part of this site:D :D

crisis
12-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by henk4
And having once condemned the Ferrari P3 to an eternal stay in a museum makes me wonder whether you would be able to deal with an important part of this site:D :D
You got the wrong man. I only dissed diesels, Citroen DS21s, VW beetles, retro, rotaries, classics, European pronunciation of car names, all French cars, most British cars, some American cars, the blind worship of all things BMW, people typing like they would talk if they had a speech impediment, people who take themselves too seriously and people like me who post too much. Still want me?

crisis
12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by NoOne
Congrats Egg Nog :cool: ..... and thanx for the mention, though I could not accept the position with my own time constraints.

My vote would be for Crisis or megotmea7, based on their considerable knowledge in cars and more general areas, both have great attitudes in sharing and explaining information, and from what I've seen/read they are kickass people too, hell, give them both a position !!

:cool:
Yes congrats Egg Nog and thankyou for your kind sentiments NoOne.

henk4
12-10-2003, 02:41 AM
You got the wrong man. I only dissed diesels, Citroen DS21s, VW beetles, retro, rotaries, classics, European pronunciation of car names, all French cars, most British cars, some American cars, the blind worship of all things BMW, people typing like they would talk if they had a speech impediment, people who take themselves too seriously and people like me who post too much. Still want me?

No, you are wrong, check the comment you made on 27-05-2003 on the P3. The others issues you mention are fine by me, altohugh I think mentioning the DS and all French cars separately is overdoing the issue.

crisis
12-10-2003, 04:01 PM
No, you are wrong, check the comment you made on 27-05-2003 on the P3. The others issues you mention are fine by me, altohugh I think mentioning the DS and all French cars separately is overdoing the issue.
Boy can you hold a grudge. I must have killed that brain cell with all the others. I think my feelings about French cars are clear.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-10-2003, 04:04 PM
whoa boys, chill. Crisis doesn't like french cars, Henk4 Doesn't like Suv's. Can we try to find some common ground here guys?

And for the record, I do like some french cars, but not all in general.

crisis
12-10-2003, 04:54 PM
whoa boys, chill. Crisis doesn't like french cars, Henk4 Doesn't like Suv's. Can we try to find some common ground here guys?

And for the record, I do like some french cars, but not all in general.
I think Henk and I have a mutual understanding re posts of this nature. I should probably use smileys but Im the sort of prick that refuses to conform which is why I have never and will never use lol (damn). I also dont know what it means.

henk4
12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
I think Henk and I have a mutual understanding re posts of this nature. I should probably use smileys but Im the sort of prick that refuses to conform which is why I have never and will never use lol (damn). I also dont know what it means.

:) :) :)

(I also hate to use those things but it replaces eye winking):p

Egg Nog
12-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SL500
hehehe:D

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
lol, j/k lmao :) ;) :p lol

Look, if you guys are going to bother posting, is saying something like that really worth it? It seems like you're just wasting our time. I don't want to seem like an ass, but I don't want to have to start deleting meaningless nonsense as well. Seriously guys, c'mon...

henk4
12-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Look, if you guys are going to bother posting, is saying something like that really worth it? It seems like you're just wasting our time. I don't want to seem like an ass, but I don't want to have to start deleting meaningless nonsense as well. Seriously guys, c'mon...

Well Eggnog, you have to accept that not all contributions to the forum are coming from Kants and Hegels.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-12-2003, 04:34 PM

does it really matter that much? it's not like all my posts are like that, and i don't post just to get numbers.

Egg Nog
12-13-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm not going to stop you guys from doing anything, I just find it annoying. The reason why I came to these forums is so that I could talk about cars. I had all the same opinions and pet peeves before I became a moderator, but now everyone is just taking me more seriously.

I'm basing most of what I'm saying on a "case study" (you might say) at www.bcmr2.com. It seems that the vast majortiy of the users are enjoying the forums a lot more now that off-topic comments and random nonsense are no longer tolerated. They just delete everything meaningless, and it seems that everyone agrees that its better.

I am way out of line here or what? Obviously its not my forum, so I don't want to offend anyone too much. I just think that this forum has so much more potential than is currently seen.

What do you guys think?

r34_296kw
12-13-2003, 11:34 PM

I'm thinking maybe megotmea7 or NoOne would make a good moderator. congrats mate........i'd rather have crisis, NoOne, Nildo as another of the moderators but not megotmea7... wouter shud take crisis, noone or nildo into consideration if hes lookin 4 another moderator........but he shud think bout me 1st if he wants a new moderator...nah jkzz i'm happy where i am

Wouter Melissen
12-15-2003, 07:58 AM
Falcon500 has also been added today.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-15-2003, 07:17 PM
i don't like to be narcisistic but I could be a good moderator.

Egg Nog
12-15-2003, 11:43 PM
i don't like to be narcisistic but I could be a good moderator.

Well I don't mean to offend, but none of the current moderators begged for the postition. They were offered, based on an administrator's view of their postings and maturity in general. I just happened to delete one of your posts which consisted entirely of "lol". I think you might need to try a little harder than that, or at least to be more insightful.

Anyway, I don't think we need any more moderators right now. Sorry :)

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 12:14 AM
i don't like to be narcisistic but I could be a good moderator. im with egg nog...well i think IBrake4Rainbows actually asked Wouter to make him a moderator

SL500
12-16-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by r34_296kw
im with egg nog...well i think IBrake4Rainbows actually asked Wouter to make him a moderator
No,i dont think so.....

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by SL500
No,i dont think so..... coz once IBrake4Rainbows said that once wouter asked if anyone wanted to become a moderator and he put his hand up so in otherwords he asked wouter to make him a moderator :p besides IBrake4Rainbows probably earned that too....I doubt never in a million years wouter would ever think about making me a moderator :D

henk4
12-16-2003, 02:01 AM
.I doubt never in a million years wouter would ever think about making me a moderator :D

I am suffering the same fate.

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 03:35 AM
I am suffering the same fate. ask wouter to make you a moderator...at least you were better than me...at one stage i was famous throughout this forum...in a bad way... with your case there might be a chance but with my case theres absolutely no chance...am i right wouter?

henk4
12-16-2003, 03:42 AM
ask wouter to make you a moderator...at least you were better than me...at one stage i was famous throughout this forum...in a bad way... with your case there might be a chance but with my case theres absolutely no chance...am i right wouter?

I think you are far too provocative. Moderators might need a certain amount of dignity. I missed your period of fame though.

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 04:17 AM
I think you are far too provocative. yes, that is true and thats why i get involved into too many fights and street brawls...i dont have a good record with the cops here...well i have improved quite a bit now so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

henk4
12-16-2003, 04:23 AM
yes, that is true and thats why i get involved into too many fights and street brawls...i dont have a good record with the cops here...well i have improved quite a bit now so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Isn't it amazing what opening up to the world through these fora can do the development of certain individuals? Some have even adopted the art of proper spelling!!!

IBrake4Rainbows
12-16-2003, 02:14 PM
It is true, i was on the forums from the near beginning and wouter asked people if they wanted to be moderators, i simply put my hand up!

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 02:56 PM
It is true, i was on the forums from the near beginning and wouter asked people if they wanted to be moderators, i simply put my hand up! what did i tell you people? you see i was rite :p

Falcon500
12-17-2003, 05:28 AM
wow:eek:
This threads been here all this time and i didnt know? some great mod i am :rolleyes:

r34_296kw
12-17-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Falcon500
wow:eek:
This threads been here all this time and i didnt know? some great mod i am :rolleyes: hey man chill, you've just become a mod so just wait a lil while and soon you'll get familiar with this place.

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 03:16 AM
did anyone actually notice Wouter saying Falc got added as a moderator?

henk4
12-19-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by fpv_gtho
did anyone actually notice Wouter saying Falc got added as a moderator?

Yes, I did

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 03:25 AM
i'm only really bringing it up, because whenever a new moderator was declared, everyone was giving them their good luck etc. then Wouter announced Falc had been added and it was as if no one noticed. I'm not having a go at anyone or anything before it gets suggested either

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 03:59 AM
i'm only really bringing it up, because whenever a new moderator was declared, everyone was giving them their good luck etc. then Wouter announced Falc had been added and it was as if no one noticed. I'm not having a go at anyone or anything before it gets suggested either well maybe coz i was the only person who asked wouter to make falcon500 a moderator :D

Falcon500
12-19-2003, 04:49 AM
Well it was origonall brought up by ibfr (ibreakforrainbows im just too lazy to type that every time) who brought it up origonally. and r34 as well as wouter seconded it.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Falcon500
Well it was origonall brought up by ibfr (ibreakforrainbows im just too lazy to type that every time) who brought it up origonally. and r34 as well as wouter seconded it. i thoought ib4r wanted to get wouter to make fpv a mod not u... well i might be wrong...

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 04:56 AM
how does everyone like the idea of making a thread to nominate people to become moderators?

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 05:09 AM
how does everyone like the idea of making a thread to nominate people to become moderators? NO!!!!!!!!! if you think you should become a moderator or someone thinks someone should become a moderator then they can talk 2 wouter about it. I dont think a thread is a good idea... unless we can open a thread with the names of ALL the moderators and pick one that must be kicked out of the moaderators position and wouter's name must be in that list

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Why would my name be on that list ?

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 05:23 AM
i dont think any of the moderators would put their head on the chopping block in such a manner.

i dunno about the chances of my idea, alot of people have said becoming a moderator is supposed to be a privelage that needs to be earnt, so the idea of people voting others would cloud the other moderators judgement, but at the same time possibly aid them in choosing someone when the time came

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
Why would my name be on that list ? because i said "ALL" moderators and you happen to be a moderator

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:28 AM
I think we have enough moderators as it is right now.

Anyways the forums will go down for a while shortly.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 05:32 AM
I think we have enough moderators as it is right now.

Anyways the forums will go down for a while shortly. why????????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: and for how long?? are you nuts i cant live without this forum??? even for a day...

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:36 AM
Trust me, when they are back online you'll love what you see.

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 05:36 AM
you think you cant live without the forums?? when me and Falc get into any sort of a decent discussion, we're each posting over 20 replies per day at least

i'd say the layout of the forums have to be changed to coincide with the new look of the rest of the site

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 05:40 AM
:) ok i'll have to wait and see the new look...i hope it does not turn out like the new hotmail, kinda complicated...since what date will they go down and when will it be up and running again?

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:44 AM
They'll be down within the next 30 minutes. I might get them online again shortly after. Being a completely new version of the forum software it might take a little longer. The URL will change slightly as well.

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 05:47 AM
how long can we expect the forums to be down though: minutes, hours or days

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:48 AM
It's 1:35 pm here and by 9 pm I want to be in the pub, so it has to be done before that.

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 05:51 AM
lol thats the spirit!!!!

so what the deal, is the new format ready to go and youve just gotta swap them over, or do yuo need to delete the current format and input everything still?

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 05:53 AM
It's 1:35 pm here and by 9 pm I want to be in the pub, so it has to be done before that. i think i'll survive for that long :) i'll probably be asleep the time it goes down and comes back up

Wouter Melissen
12-19-2003, 05:55 AM
I can copy the database to the new version. I'll have to do the adjustments after the copy, but I have to shut this down before the copy, otherwise I'll loose the new info. I'm currently experimenting with the new software and a database that is a week old. VBulletin really is great software.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 06:01 AM
ok goodnite wouter and fpv

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 06:03 AM
so basically its the first thing i said, its all there, the current stuff just needs to be deleted, the enw stuff needs to be put on and it needs to be all hooked up

ive about had it for tonight on the forums as well R34, save the 2000 post celebrations for tomorrow me thinks

Nash
12-19-2003, 12:53 PM
I forced Wouter to change the layout. He's my bitch.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 03:29 PM
I forced Wouter to change the layout. He's my bitch.if i were you i'd shut the f*ck up because you'll have me to deal with and im not always a nice person :mad: so if you dont have anything nice to say and dont bother saying it

Nash
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
if i were you i'd shut the f*ck up because you'll have me to deal with and im not always a nice person :mad: so if you dont have anything nice to say and dont bother saying it

Do you need help commiting suicide? take a chill pill. Jeez.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Do you need help commiting suicide? take a chill pill. Jeez. are you threatening me in any way?

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 04:25 PM
R34, calm down, this thread's the last place you wanna go off at someone

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 07:04 PM
R34, calm down, this thread's the last place you wanna go off at someone fpv dont worry mate, i havent gone off at anyone... i was just asking him if he threatened me thats all...besides fpv your anniversary is coming up soon :D ;)

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 07:10 PM
mmmmmm, 16 more posts.

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 07:15 PM
im trying to figure out how to change my avatar...i dont want the selection i want to upload one from my computer...any suggestions would help

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 07:19 PM
i'm having the same problems

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 07:25 PM
i'm having the same problemswouter's to blame

Batmobile_Turbo
12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
wouter's to blame
no i just think that all the previous features aren't up yet

r34_296kw
12-19-2003, 09:24 PM
yeah and we're not even "senior members" anymore were just "registered users", at least we could have been "members" it sounds better than "registered users"...i think wouter should have taken other peoples opinions of what should be here and what shouldnt before he changed the look of this forum, oh yeah nash ur mum is my bi*ch :p ;) :D

fpv_gtho
12-19-2003, 09:30 PM
i wouldn't jump to too many conclusions yet R34, in a couple of days hopefully everything will be sorted out. i dunno what the go is with the new status' though

r34_296kw
12-20-2003, 04:43 PM
i wouldn't jump to too many conclusions yet R34, in a couple of days hopefully everything will be sorted out. i dunno what the go is with the new status' thoughhappy belated anniversary m8, also why did i become a member??? i want my senior member position back :mad:

Batmobile_Turbo
12-20-2003, 05:06 PM
happy belated anniversary m8, also why did i become a member??? i want my senior member position back :mad:
i think that the memebership limits are higher now

Nash
12-20-2003, 06:11 PM
are you threatening me in any way?
HAHA....the hell?

fpv_gtho
12-20-2003, 06:14 PM
happy belated anniversary m8, also why did i become a member??? i want my senior member position back :mad:

thanx, and i think Wouter spaced them out a bit more, now that people are stacking up their posts, he included it all in the big change

Wouter Melissen
12-21-2003, 01:58 AM
thanx, and i think Wouter spaced them out a bit more, now that people are stacking up their posts, he included it all in the big change

Yes they are spaced out more right now. I might add a few more for people like you. :)

r34_296kw
12-21-2003, 02:00 AM
i think to become a senior 500 posts are enough and should not be spaced out more

henk4
12-21-2003, 03:05 AM
i think to become a senior 500 posts are enough and should not be spaced out more

I am already over 500 so what advantage would that give me?

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Yes they are spaced out more right now. I might add a few more for people like you. :)

sounds like a good idea, theres a couple of people either approaching 1000 posts or over it and id say they would appreciate being differentiated from the rest, i know i would

henk4
12-21-2003, 03:45 AM
sounds like a good idea, theres a couple of people either approaching 1000 posts or over it and id say they would appreciate being differentiated from the rest, i know i would

Maybe we should be ranked according to the number of words posted??? (the relevance of the words could be the next step :D )

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 04:01 AM
well the quality of everyones posts is something that i guess would affect their reputation

henk4
12-21-2003, 04:12 AM
well the quality of everyones posts is something that i guess would affect their reputation

yeah that's a tricky aspect of the forum

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 04:15 AM
Well as i found out people need to affect their reputation ans as with the bloke who said the compro between the salleen and the enzo was comical i ahrdly think so but theyboth have their upsides and they are still fairly close. But as i found out there is only so much you can write in that section and i ran out of room...i was trying to be consturctive.
Well i also have an idea what about titels?
most poster, Longest post, and stuff like that?any opinions?

Wouter Melissen
12-21-2003, 04:18 AM

Right now members with a high post count can change reputation by quite a bit 1 point per 100 posts. So it would be great if these members (like you) would go about and rate, so that many people will be able to rate. Currently you can rate 20 times a day and only rate the same user again after rating 20 other users. So go on and rate!!

Edit: your own rating needs to be at least 1 to rate.

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 04:23 AM
so are you saying, if i were to give someone a good rating for their reuptation, it would be worth 20 points to them?

Wouter Melissen
12-21-2003, 04:24 AM
so are you saying, if i were to give someone a good rating for their reuptation, it would be worth 20 points to them?

Yes you are the man!

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 04:26 AM
NoOne must be happy then

Wouter Melissen
12-21-2003, 04:30 AM
NoOne must be happy then

Once everybody's reputation is up a bit, then I'll set the numbers lower again.

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 05:03 AM
I choked when i saw my rep 31 I was suprised i thought i was as popular as hemmaroids lol Its an interesting idea this reputation ive been toa lot of forums and they havent had this on them. It also seems comments are anonmys (spelling) is this true or amm i just computer illiterate?

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 05:12 AM
well mine is only 2 points at the moment, in the last half hour ive given out in the vicinity of 200 points to those i though were alright member, each got 20 so i think thats where most of yours came from

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 05:26 AM
Wellone queastion i have many do you loose when people dont agree?

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 05:31 AM
i think its highly possible your could loose points if someone disaggreed. ive got 3 comments in my CP, but theyre still only worth 2 points all together and theyre all positive expect for one which doesnt have a comment, ive got a feeling though that one of them was from R34, which isnt a bad thing

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 05:52 AM
Well thats probly where the 31 came from in mine im guessing you loose a couple of points per bad comment.

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 05:55 AM
well if someone were to loose as many points for a bad rap as they gain for a good rap, then they wouldnt want to go pissing u or me off, we could take 17 and 20 points off them a piece, but that would be an abuse of privelages and i'd say Wouter has it set up so that its the same for everyone, well, at least thats my guess

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 06:14 AM
Well thats my guess too i doubt hell treat anyone too specail here.

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 06:19 AM
i dunno, i wouldnt go as far as to say that

NoOne
12-21-2003, 12:48 PM
NoOne must be happy then

:D Thanx, but I must admit I would've helped anyway. :cool:

r34_296kw
12-21-2003, 10:57 PM
i think its highly possible your could loose points if someone disaggreed. ive got 3 comments in my CP, but theyre still only worth 2 points all together and theyre all positive expect for one which doesnt have a comment, ive got a feeling though that one of them was from R34, which isnt a bad thingyes one of them came from me...i gave up my one to make someone happy...i have changed a lot aye :D

r34_296kw
12-22-2003, 01:33 AM
at least we could have been "members" i take that back

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 01:36 AM
yes one of them came from me...i gave up my one to make someone happy...i have changed a lot aye :D

well if you see that youve got about 20 points, look no further than me for who gave them to you

r34_296kw
12-22-2003, 01:45 AM
well if you see that youve got about 20 points, look no further than me for who gave them to youthanx a lot mate :) besides what are you doing tonite mate? im just chillin n drinking my export gold hehe

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 01:50 AM
tonight mmm, ill probably be on the net playing pool, talking to anyone whos on msn messenger and probably checking in here every so often

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Remember you are rating posts, not users. Sub-par posts should be rated negatively and excellent or helpful posts should be rated positively.

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 02:17 AM
I'll have to be sure to keep that in mind for future reference Wouter, but so far i dont think ive been careless in rating people

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 02:21 AM
Don't worry we are all still learning about it, but don't be shy to rate negatively as well, that will most definitly help keep the quality of the forums.

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 02:28 AM
ive been wondering, along with a couple of others, is there the same relationship between points loss and posts for negative comments as there is between points gain and posts for positive comments?

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 02:33 AM
You give or take away the same amount of points. With every 100 points you earn an extra bargaining point, like you do with posts. Users that have less than 1 point can't rate others.

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 02:37 AM
so i can give AND take 20 points for good or bad quality posts

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 02:52 AM
so i can give AND take 20 points for good or bad quality posts
That is correct. This rate will soon be down though. When a number of users are above 50 I'll move change it back to the 1 point per 1000 posts default setting and only allow users with over 50 points to rate.

IBrake4Rainbows
12-22-2003, 02:59 AM
So, and you'll have to excuse me here, because i'm slightly befuddled, if someone makes a really bad post, i can rate that post negatively by 20 points, or however many i see fit. and if it is a helpful post, i can rate them higher by 20 points. right or wrong, because this is really doing my head in...

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 03:08 AM
your half way there IBrakeForRainbows, since youve got 180 posts, you'd be able to give about 2 points, as Wouter has it set up that for every 100 posts youve made u can give 1 point, which is how i can give 20 points as ive got over 2000 points

IBrake4Rainbows
12-22-2003, 03:12 AM
So i can post 2 points. Is that Per Person, per day or per comment?

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 03:15 AM
You rate posts. The rating goes from a users total reputation figure. You can rate twenty times per day and only rate the same user again after rating twenty other users.

henk4
12-22-2003, 03:50 AM
I have a sort of feeling that we are trying to unneccesarily complicate things here. I thought this forum is about cars, and not some sort of beauty contest. I don't know if any of you is familar with ice figure skating, but having a jury that actually has to give points for performance on an "objective" basis has been a permanent bone of contention in this sport certainly when nationalities are being taken into account.
Are we going to a point where post will be rated/higher or lower when they come from Australia or Outer Mongolia?
What is it that we want to achieve with this scoring system? To make people think twice before they are actually posting? I think individual users of the forum are quite capable of judging for themselves whether they will read a post or not, and will not look at the number of points the individual poster is having. Indeed, it could be that the most original or individualistic posts will not generate much points because they are not in line with what the majority of the points providers think.

Falcon500
12-22-2003, 04:08 AM
Well all i got to say is dont be negative about it its merly saying other forum members view you valuble member.
I say have fun with it :D let people know thir helpful and valuble.

henk4
12-22-2003, 04:17 AM
Well all i got to say is dont be negative about it its merly saying other forum members view you valuble member.
I say have fun with it :D let people know thir helpful and valuble.

Well I have no intention to be negative, and if it sounds like that, mea culpa, but I have an inbuilt urge to find out what's behind things. Before one starts dealing with the "how" question I love to have an answer to the "why" question. (Falcon, sent you a private message last night, did you notice?)

Wouter Melissen
12-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Currently its function lies more in preventing low-quality posts. Nobody wants a red dot next to its name. Exceptional and exceptionally bad posts should be rated.

henk4
12-22-2003, 04:44 AM
Currently its function lies more in preventing low-quality posts. Nobody wants a red dot next to its name. Exceptional and exceptionally bad posts should be rated.

I am not so sure, when hitparades were still available in printed versions, the highest climbing records were recognisable from a (mega)big red dot!! :D so I don't mind being red dotted

Misho
12-23-2003, 12:23 AM
congrats eggnog and falcon500 for the moderator thing !! i am prettu sure eggnog is a good choice. as for falcon, i dont think we ever posted in the same thread !!! :)

anyways, i think it should be made clear in the FAQs page what is this new points/repuation/rating system. i have no idea what it does and hwat to do with it. it wouter did was actually buffle me !!
anyways, i agree with henk4, this is just complicating things and focusing us away from the real point of the forums.
anwways, i guess i will have to adapt to the new system and learn how to deal with it. so what r my points ?? what is my reputation ? what do u expect me to do ?? . . .

Falcon500
12-23-2003, 05:00 AM
Well thanks for the congrats misho I have no idea if we have posted in the same room but ive read many of your posts and their well informed ans well put together.

r34_296kw
12-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Well thanks for the congrats misho I have no idea if we have posted in the same room but ive read many of your posts and their well informed ans well put together.did u & ur m8 enjoy driving drunk and whacking dat datsun??? :p

henk4
12-23-2003, 05:25 AM
did u & ur m8 enjoy driving drunk and whacking dat datsun??? :p

Please, not again :confused:

Falcon500
12-23-2003, 05:51 AM
Well it was a XF ford falcon which my mate was driving he didnt really care when he hit he went "I GOT IT!" and i took my beer from in between my legs and said "I love your driving"

Misho
12-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Well thanks for the congrats misho I have no idea if we have posted in the same room but ive read many of your posts and their well informed ans well put together.

thank you, i really appreciate that.

Falcon500
12-25-2003, 06:03 AM
Not a problem my friend. But one thing im curious about is ive never seen directly what kind of cars your into..seen many timesyou have talked up about certain cars but never anything you said "thats tops" about.

Misho
12-25-2003, 11:01 PM
hmmm, i pretty much like anything that resembles a car!! i will try and be more clear in the future.
thanx for the suggestion though !

Falcon500
12-26-2003, 02:57 AM
Well you sure fi tin were all enthusiests, and most enjoy nearly all cars (hell i even viewd driving that dawoo as an "experiance").