PDA

View Full Version : How can I do a nice donut with an automatic speed car?

Swissbeatz
12-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi everybody, after many tries, I have never manage to do some nice donuts with my girlfriend's car. That's an automatic speed 528i BMW.
I have done everything but the car doesn't want to do a nice donut. Is there someone who knows how to burn tires in an automatic speed car ?????

I want to see the tires smoke, an many noise. I'm a little bit fool, I know but I like this kind of game. Never do that thing in an open road. Just in a closed parking

Egg Nog
12-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Try taking it out of drive and putting into 2nd :)

EDIT: If it has traction control, turn it off.

bum-man
12-07-2003, 06:44 PM
take the rear tires off the rims:)

megotmea7
12-08-2003, 02:50 AM
uea dont put it in OD 2nd should do it, and brake torque it (hold the brake while giving it throttle causing the torque converter to struggle against the brakes and relese while keeping on the gas, kinda like dropping the clutch on a standard)

Motorer1
12-08-2003, 12:50 PM
by automatic speed, i assume that you mean an automatic transmission. In that case, you need to pop it in nuetral, rev like sh!t, and then dump it into drive and crank the wheel. You need lots of space.

Fleet 500
12-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Put a big-block engine in it, like a 383, 396, 440, 454 or 455.
Or, buy an old U.S. muscle car... doing donuts will be almost easier than breathing. :D

NoOne
12-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Motorer1
by automatic speed, i assume that you mean an automatic transmission. In that case, you need to pop it in nuetral, rev like sh!t, and then dump it into drive and crank the wheel. You need lots of space.

I hope you are joking :confused:

mechanixfetch
12-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Find a snow covered parking lot and do it there with almost no grip you are set. (see my post in Racing fourms "Handeling")

NoOne
12-10-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Motorer1

Just to elaborate, I don't think I have the heart to do that to a 15 yr old Buick let alone a 5 series BMW

-datsun 1600-
12-10-2003, 05:12 PM
my mate who has a galant front wheel drive automatic :eek: trys to to doughys is it possible to do an automatic front wheel drive doughy. Also with automatic burnouts if you rev in neutral and jump into drive it just judders and squeels for half a sec is there a proper way?????

megotmea7
12-10-2003, 09:58 PM
reving a car in neutral then poping it in drive is a good way to kill the tranny(altho i have a friend that had a 83 tracel and he did this often and it lasted for a few years before it started grinding ging up hills under moderate throttle, it was his beater so he didnt car) this isnt recomended, the "right" way to do it if there is such a thing is to brake torque it as i described above as there is no actuall metal on metal "slamming" contact and it is comparably better on your tranny. but make no mistake doing any such recless activity will do nothing for the longevity of your car or its mechanicals or tires for that matter

NoOne
12-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by -datsun 1600-
my mate who has a galant front wheel drive automatic :eek: trys to to doughys is it possible to do an automatic front wheel drive doughy. Also with automatic burnouts if you rev in neutral and jump into drive it just judders and squeels for half a sec is there a proper way?????

Do them in reverse !! .... but not if you can't drive in the first place, not all cars will do it well ... but something small with some power will get you a nice loop, I've pulled about a 540 spin with my Tiburon ... but the weight of the engine causes it to drift ....still kinda fun though ;)

Forgot to mention, this works much better on a wet parking lot. :D

megotmea7
12-13-2003, 10:01 AM
this works much better on a wet parking lot
or a dirt road...

white devil
12-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Swissbeatz
Hi everybody, after many tries, I have never manage to do some nice donuts with my girlfriend's car. That's an automatic speed 528i BMW.
I have done everything but the car doesn't want to do a nice donut. Is there someone who knows how to burn tires in an automatic speed car ?????

I want to see the tires smoke, an many noise. I'm a little bit fool, I know but I like this kind of game. Never do that thing in an open road. Just in a closed parking

we had a BMW 528i befor coming to canada and it was a automatic shift if the car you r tralking about is between 1995 and up first see if the DSC is off and then the rst is you r s ;)

hnoor0033
02-04-2016, 12:25 AM
I've pulled about a 540 spin with my Tiburon ... but the weight of the engine causes it to drift ....still kinda fun though

PaulCall
09-18-2017, 03:23 AM
Man, first time I've heard about in was in the regular show and I still can't do it at all

PaulCall
09-18-2017, 03:24 AM
Man, first time I've heard about it was in the regular show and I still can't do it at all