PDA

View Full Version : Plans...

Egg Nog
12-08-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm so excited to get my car up and on the road... Apperently the biggest restrictor on the 914 is the entire Intake/Exhaust system. That's fine though, because I just found some sweet stuff for it, which I'll definately pick up. Look at this:

914 2.0 K&N Intake System: (Says anywhere from 8-15hp increase)

http://www.9xauto.com/images/914int2.jpg

"Our customers reported, that installing less restricted exhaust and this filter system, significantly increase the engine response."

914 Fuel Rail Update: (Power Increase?)

http://www.9xauto.com/images/914flrailg.jpg

" Our fuel rail set with built in VDO fuel pressure monitor will both supply the injectors with a more constant supply of fuel while helping to reduce the chronic vapor lock. You racers will also love the high rpm power increase."

I wonder what kind of power I'd be getting then? I've already got performance headers and an aftermarket exhaust... I'm totally excited now :)

By the way there's tons more stuff on here:

http://www.9xauto.com/914.html

NoOne
12-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Man, I'm jealous ....I need another project car !!!

Problem is with work and 3 kids, I don't have the time or energy to commit myself just yet ... I'll just have to make do with lending a hand to my friends who are building project cars. :)

After seeing your 914 and reading about the Kelmark GT owned by "Sandwich"( I think), I'd love to go euro on the next car, it'd be like starting over, a whole new different approach to performance.

I dunno, maybe I'll secretly "rice" my Tiburon.... so the wife don't know ...lol

mechanixfetch
12-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Why not buy your wife a project car for her birthday or christmas and then promise to fix it up for her as a special gift made just for her.

bum-man
12-09-2003, 10:11 PM
how much will it make after all the mods?

Egg Nog
12-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Well, let's take a look, and do some math. This should be fun :). By the way, these are all rough estimates...

Stock: 95hp/105tq (Torque is in lbs-ft)

The fact that it's an older car and power loss is inevitable: -5 hp/-5tq
Total: 90hp/100tq

Pacesetter Exhaust/Headers: +10hp/+10tq
Total: 100hp/110tq

K&N Intake System: Let's be conservative and say +10hp/+8tq
Total: 110hp/122tq

914 Fuel Rail Update: Let's say +10hp/+12tq
Total: 120hp/130tq

Accounting for the fact that this is all vague guesswork, let's just say all of the modifications after this will be about 20-30 hp/tq above stock. That's a fairly good-sized gain, and would make a huge difference in a 940kg car :)

NoOne
12-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by mechanixfetch
Why not buy your wife a project car for her birthday or christmas and then promise to fix it up for her as a special gift made just for her.

LMFAO , she won't even let me put an aftermarket stereo in her van ... says she's happy with the factory am/fm cassette deck :confused: ..... I don't understand it either.

She teases me about having a way decent stereo in my Tiburon, says I'm going through a mid-life crisis and need my car to sound like its being driven by some 20 yr old (I'm 35) ...lol