PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac G4 2004-2009

Matt
12-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Pontiac G4

Revo
12-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Why is there kph instead of mph on the speedo? :confused:
Is this car aimed at EU market (which would be utterly nonsense) or South America perhaps? South America uses metric system, right?
Hell, lots of questions in early Sunday morning, I'll just go back to sleep :)

Cheers!

LTT
12-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Canada is metric. One would think that this is the Canadian model.

narb
12-12-2004, 07:32 AM
nice car matt and good pics....have you more pics of g4 :)

Wolf03
12-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Is this car aimed at EU market (which would be utterly nonsense) or South America perhaps? South America uses metric system, right?

Cheers!

Jeez, selfish Americans!!! :mad: Most of the world uses the Metric system and like LTT said maybe it's for Canadians. Why do Americans always have to think only for themselves??? I've seen it before many times on this forums and it's really pissing me off!! :mad:

sutton4481
12-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Hmmmm American car made by American company sold mainly in America...Why did he think it was for Americans? Somehow I don't think he was trying to be selfish, just asking a simple question and your trying to bite his head off about it.

baddabang
12-12-2004, 08:32 AM

Cheers!

I think Its because there making them in Mexico. Maby Im wrong though. It kinda looks like the malibu maxx.

Revo
12-12-2004, 09:04 AM
Jeez, selfish Americans!!! :mad: Most of the world uses the Metric system and like LTT said maybe it's for Canadians. Why do Americans always have to think only for themselves??? I've seen it before many times on this forums and it's really pissing me off!! :mad:
:) No need to be pissed off.
I'm just a average bloke from northern part of Europe. Well, maybe just a little bit selfish... :)

American car made by American company sold mainly in America......Why did he think it was for Americans?
My point exactly. North American market is the only place where Pontiac has any brand image. So I just wondered to whom this particular model was aimed.

Canada is metric. One would think that this is the Canadian model.
Canadians use metric system? That is news to me.
Well, it makes sense then to re-badge Chevrolet Coblat as a Pontiac. After all, you Canadians have always had a soft spot for Pontiac, right? :)

Cheers!

deffenbaugh03
12-12-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure this car isn't being made in america. Pontiac however is releasing a G6 for america.

Revo
12-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Bloody hell, now I'm evem more confused :confused:
Canadians have Pontiac Pursuit.
So, this only leaves Latin America for Pontiac G4? Anyway, sorry about creating such a mess in this thread :o

Cheers!

Matt
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm pretty sure this car isn't being made in america. Pontiac however is releasing a G6 for america.

This is replacing the Sunfire and is mechanically the same as the Cobalt.

d-quik
12-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Canadians use metric system? That is news to me.again, so does the rest of the world except the USA.
you Canadians have always had a soft spot for Pontiac, right?WRONG!

Whoever told you this has his ass hairs caught in a twist.

Revo
12-12-2004, 11:58 AM
you Canadians have always had a soft spot for Pontiac, right?
WRONG!
Whoever told you this has his ass hairs caught in a twist.
All right, no need to shout :)
I only meant that Canada had their own separate Pontiac line-up back in the 1960s. Also, there must be a reason (albeit it surely won't make sense to most of us :) ) why GM is rebadgeing Chevy Cobalt to Pontiac Pursuit for Canadians.

Cheers!

Matt
12-12-2004, 02:26 PM
All right, no need to shout :)
I only meant that Canada had their own separate Pontiac line-up back in the 1960s. Also, there must be a reason (albeit it surely won't make sense to most of us :) ) why GM is rebadgeing Chevy Cobalt to Pontiac Pursuit for Canadians.

Cheers!

Where are you getting this information on the Cobalt being rebadged as a Pontiac and called the Pursuit? I find no mention of it on the GM media site...

deffenbaugh03
12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
This is replacing the Sunfire and is mechanically the same as the Cobalt.

Thank god no more ugly sunfires :)
So whens it coming, 2005?

Matt
12-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Early this year, the media was speculating on the name of the Pontiac version of the Cobalt. The Pursuit they mentioned earlier this year looks identical to this G4. I believe Pontiac has probably changed the name on them and they are now using the G4 name. There has always been a Pontiac version of the Cavalier - why not have a Pontiac version of the replacement for the Cavalier?

Matt
12-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Thank god no more ugly sunfires :)
So whens it coming, 2005?

The media site shows it as a 2005.

Revo
12-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Where are you getting this information on the Cobalt being rebadged as a Pontiac and called the Pursuit? I find no mention of it on the GM media site...
http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/2005/pontiac/pursuit/

There has always been a Pontiac version of the Cavalier - why not have a Pontiac version of the replacement for the Cavalier?
Well, back to my original question then: Why is there kph instead of mph on the speedo?
:) Damn, I already feel like I'm most annoying person in UCP :)
Talking about same subject over and over again....

Cheers!

Matt
12-13-2004, 06:36 AM
They use kilometers, like other people have said, nearly everywhere but in the US. If this car is going to be exported to Canada or Mexico or anywhere else, there would be kph on the speedometer. I'm not arguing about whether this car will be exported (or built) in Canada. I'm arguing whether they will rename it to the Pursuit in Canada. I see that it is on the GM Canada site, as well as the GM Canada media site. But, they also have the G6 on their site and it doesn't make sense to me to only have one car use that naming nomenclature. I think you will see that site updated with the new name before the official release of the car. I have a feeling we're going to see a lot more "G" cars in future as new models or new generations of current models are released.

Revo
12-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Right, I won't bother myself with GM's badgeing policy anymore. It is beyond me.
Possible export market for G4: Canada and Mexico. Right, understood. Case closed.
But then again, if you look closely the label on Pontiac's trunk (picture #4). It's really blur but definitely looks more like "Pursuit GT" than "G4 GT".
Arghh, never mind, please... :)

Cheers!
I really need a drink :)

Matt
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
You're right about the badge...but, GM's NA site specifically called it the G4. Maybe there's still some indecision on their part in regards to what to call it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if I need to change the title of this thread... :)

Matt
10-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Pontiac G4 #2

Matt
10-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Pontiac G4 #3

Wolf03
10-23-2005, 12:42 PM
So could someone straighten this out for me?
Pursuit = Cobalt = G4?

I thought the Pursuit was a mid-size sedan replacing the Grand Am and the Cobalt was smaller replacing the Sunfire.

EDIT: Nevermind, Cobalt is the Chevrolet version of the Pontiac Pursuit but then what's the G4?

Matt
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
So could someone straighten this out for me?
Pursuit = Cobalt = G4?

I thought the Pursuit was a mid-size sedan replacing the Grand Am and the Cobalt was smaller replacing the Sunfire.

EDIT: Nevermind, Cobalt is the Chevrolet version of the Pontiac Pursuit but then what's the G4?

The G4 and Cobalt are the same, mechanically.

The G6 is the replacement for the Grand Am.

I also am confused by the G4/Pursuit debate. The same vehicle is listed on the media site, even with the same pictures, under both names.

SlickHolden
10-23-2005, 05:01 PM
People confused by GM??? Arn't we all:p

Forever92
10-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, a rebadged Cobalt... :rolleyes: Why is GM still around?

dracu777
10-23-2005, 05:31 PM
When I went to Montreal in September of this year, I saw plenty of ads for the Pontiac Pursuit, and it was a rebadged Cobalt. I also saw Pontiac G6's (which is the replacement for the Grand Am of all market) with kmh speedos, so I assume that they were Canadian market. Now, for the real twist. In Mexico, the Chevy Cobalt is sold as the...(drumroll please)...the Pontiac G4!! I hope I didn't confuse everybody. :)

So to recap the Cobalt platform:

USA.................Chevrolet Cobalt
Canada.............Pontiac Pursuit
Mexico..............Pontiac G4

Forever92
10-23-2005, 05:37 PM
So... the G6 is a Grand Am replacement?! I heard it wasn't. Either way.. my previous question still stands.

dracu777
10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
So... the G6 is a Grand Am replacement?! I heard it wasn't. Either way.. my previous question still stands.

Yes. The G6 is the Grand Am's replacement. As to why GM is still around...just to show the world that crappy cars (with minor exceptions) are still made to this day. :)