PDA

View Full Version : got f***ing a** rammed in a parking lot

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-12-2004, 03:29 PM
son of a b*tch thought i pulled out and slammed into my bumper

luckily a cop was beside us just when it happened, bumper got a few knicks, will need new paint job, trunk release isnt working right, dunno how much thatll cost, suspension making wierd noise ... god dman it

one good thing about american cars though (btw i was in a mercury mystique/ford contour/ ford mondeo) is that they're tough as rocks, the guy was in a lowerd civic and his front end is almost gone

i just released my brake to move a bit up to see oncoming traffic when i get a huge shock from the rear ... so freakin annoyed right now

AHHHH

CdocZ
12-12-2004, 03:32 PM
rear ends suck. just hope you dont get in a real crash. happened ocne when i was in the car with a friend and his family. i was the only one not to have glass actually inside them.
edit: hopefully insurance will pay for ya? or itll cost like hardly anything

:Exige:
12-12-2004, 03:35 PM
That thread title made me think something completley different :rolleyes: 2nd time thats happened today .. should really get medication :p

Mustang
12-12-2004, 03:36 PM
That thread title made me think something completley different :rolleyes: 2nd time thats happened today .. should really get medication :p

haha yeah please mate done say you got "ass rammed" whilst there are british people on here we'll take it the wrong way :p( a bit like we think you did :P)

CdocZ
12-12-2004, 03:37 PM
you think you got add? every time i go to the doctors office they diagnose me again, forgetting they did that every year the past 15 years. complete retards that they cant write it down. lol. yeah, im an add man. people who i first talk to on aim or some instant messenger think im a druggie cause im really f'ed up. its really funny

EDIT: dear god you brits are crazy. i wish i was british.....

Tuscan666
12-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Im a Brit so you can sure guess what i thought when i read the title.

Some people should pay more attention while on the road..

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-12-2004, 03:56 PM
rear ends suck. just hope you dont get in a real crash. happened ocne when i was in the car with a friend and his family. i was the only one not to have glass actually inside them.
edit: hopefully insurance will pay for ya? or itll cost like hardly anything

it was on private property (parking lot)
so he has the option of paying outta his own pocket to avoid insurance goign up
he's prolly gonna opt for this since his insurace already sky high from having a red 94 civic hatch that's lowered with a tuned exhaust lmfao

he was a nice guy though, while the cop was writing down our info we just kept talking about cars and engine swaps

hopefully its not that expensive since as far as i can tell its just a scratched bumper, itll need a new paint spray, and the trunk release spring doesnt work, so depending on the extent of the damage once we take the bumper off, i wont know for sure

im guessing around 3-5 hundred cdn though

hopefully nothing is wrong with the rear suspension, wheel bearings, or brakes (i was riding em a bit, and rear drums could be damaged) but we were on pretty snowy/slushy ground so im hoping nothing is wrong with em

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
lol, anal raped in parking lot, that is classic

CdocZ
12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
oh......not too bad. could be a hell of a lot worse. like if his nos tanks exploded :p

lithuanianmafia
12-12-2004, 05:09 PM
ya, i started gettin that idea in my head when i saw the title. thought maybe u were gettin a lil too friendly with us on UCP :p

my porsche
12-12-2004, 06:21 PM
haha not to be rude or offensive, but thats karma dude, your making fun of people's skyline ideas, and just basically talking sh*t to everyone, and what goes around comes around...

Supercarfreak123
12-12-2004, 09:48 PM
see my thread? were i got rear-ended really badly by a DHL truck?

Cotterik
12-13-2004, 09:59 AM

haha rammed in a parking lot :p :p

Mustang
12-13-2004, 09:59 AM
damn mate that must of hurt :p

Sorry J/k*

:Exige:
12-13-2004, 10:48 AM
While everyone else tries to be subtle about it .. KnifeEdge takes the blunt route :)

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
meh, no need to be subtle, we all know what's going on so why hide it?

newayz, my parents took the car in to a couple garages (one was a dealer, one wasnt) and the estimate was 700 dollars canadian, they called up the dude that hit me and he thought it was too high (as do i, but i dont care)

i really want to avoid going to the insurance companies and i know for SURE that there is no way that a bumper respray costs that much so im pretty sure they're tryin to screw me

so i was just wondering if you guys know how much a replacement bumper (painted) would cost, including installation

i'm assuming nothing else is wrong except for the bumper

jcp123
12-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Should be $5-$700 US for that kind of work, I would think. Painting alone should really not be more than $150.

Too bad you don't have the good ol chrome bumpers. $50 for a new bumper, goes on in 20 minues. Maybe them new fangled plastic bumpers aren't all good after all.

Supercarfreak123
12-13-2004, 10:28 PM
naw, the plastics arent as good. Be thankful thats it, my damage is 8 grand, and i have no trunk. (USD btw)

Sucks anyways dude, let us know how it goes...

Chinky_boi
12-13-2004, 10:47 PM
i remember when i was small. a huge trucks that they use to deliver like meats and stuff slammed into my dads Old tempo and it just had a huge on the back door and the a little on the front side... Yup american cars are tough as rock.

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-14-2004, 09:51 PM
well my parents forwarded the price to him and he still insists its too much and stopped returning our calls

this is a strange situation so im thinking if he still doesnt return a call by the time i get home from school tommorow im calling the police officer which documented the accident and the insurance company

do you guys know if my rates will go up if i do this ? i know ill loose the "no claim" deduction thing but im 17 and ive only had insurance for liek 2 months so its not like i woulda gotten that discount netime soon

crisis
12-14-2004, 11:07 PM
well my parents forwarded the price to him and he still insists its too much and stopped returning our calls

this is a strange situation so im thinking if he still doesnt return a call by the time i get home from school tommorow im calling the police officer which documented the accident and the insurance company

do you guys know if my rates will go up if i do this ? i know ill loose the "no claim" deduction thing but im 17 and ive only had insurance for liek 2 months so its not like i woulda gotten that discount netime soon
If he is in the wrong and has to pay you should not loose anything. Even if your insurance company pays for the repairs they should persue him for the amount. You may have to pay the excess in the mean time. I had someone refuse to pay me and I sent them a court summons with the cost of repairs and the cost of the summons and they sent me a cheque soon after. Cant guarantee that will always work though. In the end it is not up to him how much the repairs are.

ZeTurbo
12-15-2004, 12:46 AM
see my thread? were i got rear-ended really badly by a DHL truck?
you got rear ended real badly by a dhl truck??? :eek: must a hurt lol :D
just when i though stuff was getting under control in this thread :p

Matt
12-15-2004, 06:55 AM
If your trunk release has stopped working and your suspension is making noise, you need a lot more than a bumper replacement.

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-15-2004, 01:02 PM
lol, actually i just found out that the trunk hasnt worked for 2 years and as for the suspension that was due to yet another collision from 3 years ago

ZeTurbo
12-15-2004, 03:55 PM
how could youJUST find out that something hasnt been working for the last 2 years??

my porsche
12-15-2004, 04:20 PM
^ good point

crisis
12-15-2004, 04:28 PM
how could youJUST find out that something hasnt been working for the last 2 years??
Doesnt do the shopping and hasnt had a flat?

Matt
12-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Why would he just now notice the suspension noise? If you've gone two years without noticing that your trunk was messed up and just as long without noticing the suspension noise, it really makes me question the attentiveness of your driving at the time of the accident...