PDA

View Full Version : Comp 8 Weekly Personnal Photography

sl55kleemann
12-13-2004, 09:45 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SPH Ferrari

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/8823/t3zuntitled2copy7aa.th.jpg (http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=t3zuntitled2copy7aa.jpg)
Same as last week you are the best :)

Palmares : Fastautos 2, Egg Nog 1, Rebirth of Xar 1, McReis 2, SPH Ferrari 2.

Podium for the comp 7:

1 SPH Ferrari : 7 votes
2nd Rebirth of Xar: 6 votes
3rd UCR : 4 votes
Rules:

* The proposed picture must be your own and not found on the net

* Only the photographs taken the month in progress and the past month are accepted

* Only one photograph per person and monthly [i think you mean weekly] contest allowed; you may not change your photograph once it has been entered.

* There are 5 days to submit your photograph, a poll will be create after 5 days for vote.

* The size imposes is 800x600 pixels to view all pictures easly is good, don't post over please.( for the rules of the forum, but you can post with imageshack the high-résolution too)

* Each photographer cannot vote for him, but vote for the others

* The picture was send with only : the name of the car, where it was taken or what event, the date and the type of camera

Good luck!

PS: I'm not here saturday to open the poll (with 800x600 pictures :D ), someone can open it for me please.

Thanks

Matra et Alpine
12-13-2004, 09:50 AM
In the rules, WHAT editing is acceptable ?
A great pic enhanced by the choice to make the background B&W. Nice touch.

Where do you draw the line on changes ??????

sl55kleemann
12-13-2004, 10:26 AM
In the rules, WHAT editing is acceptable ?
A great pic enhanced by the choice to make the background B&W. Nice touch.

Where do you draw the line on changes ??????
In the rules I don't talk about photoshop, but if you ar good photograph you don't havee to do some modifications with it I think. :D

nopassn
12-13-2004, 10:47 AM
you can attach images up to 488k, with no pixel/size limitation. There is no need to have a third-party hosting site... just attach the image to your post/subission...

McReis
12-13-2004, 11:40 AM
This is no longer just a photo competition as we are now allowed to make photoshop editing. Shouldn't this be in another thread? Another comp?
I think the result is nice, but it makes an otherwise pretty usual pic a contest winner. The photo by itself is not as special as many SPH Ferrari previous ones...
Needing new rules maybe...

Anyway congratulations SPH! ;)

Matra et Alpine
12-13-2004, 11:45 AM
In the rules I don't talk about photoshop, but if you ar good photograph you don't havee to do some modifications with it I think. :D
SPH's pic is so-so, out of focus.

BUT he makes a FANTASTIC image out of it by tunring the background B&W.

A great image, but I thought you were running a PHOTO contest.
In camera clubs they run different classes for things like this.
Photo only contest limits to cropping.

sl55kleemann
12-13-2004, 12:31 PM
People who participe to last contest want chop or not chop allow? :confused:

McReis
12-13-2004, 12:37 PM
People who participe to last contest want chop or not chop allow? :confused:

Leave the chop for the chop competition... I lost the contest for a photo worse than mine. An there are pics much better than mine who haven't won... That's why I think chops should be out.

sl55kleemann
12-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Leave the chop for the chop competition... I lost the contest for a photo worse than mine. An there are pics much better than mine who haven't won... That's why I think chops should be out.
me too :)

nopassn
12-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I agree, with McReis and Matra... in a photo contest, the only modification to the photo would be some post processing for crop and tonal adjustment, for acurate colors. Composite images, with wild hues and part b&w and the like should be in a shop type of category, as you're judging based on the overall presentation - not just the quality of the photo as it stands alone...

SPHFerrari
12-13-2004, 02:14 PM
ah well i see what you guys are saying. if you would like to make it so certain things are and arent allowed thats fine, but please specify. it was not in the rules and nothing was said of it, and i think that post picture taking processing is just as important a part of digital photography. many photographers adjust the contrast, and sharpness of their photos after taking them, and so i do not see the problem with doing something that does not actually alter the photo. obviously if you added or cut something out of the pic, other than cropping, that would be a chop, but this is just post-processing. UCR did the same thing by making part of the background b/w in this comp as well. had rebirth of xar chosen to cut down on the noise in his photograph in either of the last two comps, would you have complained? if SL55 wants to make it a rule that only cropping or certain other post-processing tweaks are allowed then thats fine, but i dont think its wrong to do a b/w background. after all, i dont think mine turned out that well. towards the back of the car it turns b/w even though the car is still continuing past where the yellow stops.

EDIT: and i dont like the new size limit. its not the same for someone on a large resolution screen to see a pic at 800*600 and 1600*1200 or 2048*1536 a pic at 800*600 is extremely small for me and many other members

nopassn
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
ah well i see what you guys are saying. if you would like to make it so certain things are and arent allowed thats fine, but please specify. it was not in the rules and nothing was said of it, and i think that post picture taking processing is just as important a part of digital photography. many photographers adjust the contrast, and sharpness of their photos after taking them, and so i do not see the problem with doing something that does not actually alter the photo. obviously if you added or cut something out of the pic, other than cropping, that would be a chop, but this is just post-processing. UCR did the same thing by making part of the background b/w in this comp as well. had rebirth of xar chosen to cut down on the noise in his photograph in either of the last two comps, would you have complained? if SL55 wants to make it a rule that only cropping or certain other post-processing tweaks are allowed then thats fine, but i dont think its wrong to do a b/w background. after all, i dont think mine turned out that well. towards the back of the car it turns b/w even though the car is still continuing past where the yellow stops.

EDIT: and i dont like the new size limit. its not the same for someone on a large resolution screen to see a pic at 800*600 and 1600*1200 or 2048*1536 a pic at 800*600 is extremely small for me and many other members

I dont' run this show... however you guys want to set it up, as far as the rules about post processing, that's fine... I was just throwing in my $0.02.

As far as the image size is concerned: It's not a new thing. The rule is just being enforced... You can attach images of whatever size you want (up to 488k) - you just can put "inline" images in a post that exceed 800x600.

laxplayer98
12-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Car: 18 wheeler
Time: 12/12/04
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 4300

Titanboy_24
12-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Dec 7th
Canon Powershot A80
Ford Mustang GT

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/8228/img82734up.th.jpg (http://img22.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img22&image=img82734up.jpg)

Mustang
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Car: 18 wheeler
Time: 12/12/04
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 4300

haha WTF

Rebirth of Xar
12-13-2004, 07:25 PM
I dont' run this show... however you guys want to set it up, as far as the rules about post processing, that's fine... I was just throwing in my $0.02.

As far as the image size is concerned: It's not a new thing. The rule is just being enforced... You can attach images of whatever size you want (up to 488k) - you just can put "inline" images in a post that exceed 800x600.
isnt a 488k 800x600 file going to take as much time to load as a 488k 1200x1000?
________
full melt bubble hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

Rebirth of Xar
12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Jeff Gordon's 24 Chevy Monte Carlo
Outside of The Plaza Hotel, New York City
Taken on 12/3/04
Sony Dsc-P72 3.2MP
High Res Here (http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/albums/album933/DSC09027.jpg)
________
Mobilio (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Mobilio)

Niko_Fx
12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
-Lotus Elise
-South Florida Auto Show
-November 6, 2004
-Sony Cybershot 3.2 Mega pixels

UCR
12-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Car: Nissan 350z
Camera: Samsung digimax 3000 3.2
Date: Today (14/12/04)

Crap i know, just thought the reflection was different.
And i had bloody camera on low setting. :o

Mustang
12-14-2004, 01:32 PM
haha the guy with the beard above the Z :p

McReis
12-14-2004, 01:37 PM
haha the guy with the beard above the Z :p

:D:DI'd call this picture "The Nissan Bluebeard"! :D:D

Mustang
12-14-2004, 01:38 PM
:D:DI'd call this picture "The Nissan Bluebeard"! :D:D

hah lmao :p