PDA

View Full Version : famous concepts/cars that women designed

CdocZ
12-13-2004, 11:17 AM
ok, you may have seen something by me related to this, but now instead of names, i need specific cars. to all who answer, thanx.

drakkie
12-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Volvo YCC , i think. By and for women

rt13
12-13-2004, 01:03 PM
It's funny, but YCC is the only known concept that designed by women. I dont except that there was another, but officialy there's only one ;)

Coventrysucks
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
It's funny, but YCC is the only known concept that designed by women. I dont except that there was another, but officialy there's only one ;)

What a load of bollocks.

"Officially" - according to which set of officials exactly?

It is the only car publicly touted as being designed by an all-female team.

Very rarely will a car be designed by one person only, unless you are Lee Noble or something.

There have probably been many cars designed by teams including female members, except they do tend to be rarer than men in the industry.

Car manufacturers have suddenly realised that women buy cars too, so they should get help from women rather than guessing what women want.

Having said that, designs are usually accredited to one person, either the person in charge of that particluar project, the chief designer or sometimes the person who came up with the chosen concept. Finding out who else was involved is usually nigh on impossible.

rt13
12-13-2004, 01:23 PM
In "officialy there's only one" I was talking about car, (meant modern concept cars). I know that majority of cars are designed by teams 'cause I'm cardesigner.

Coventrysucks
12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
In "officialy there's only one" I was talking about car, (meant modern concept cars). I know that majority of cars are designed by teams 'cause I'm cardesigner.

I think you mean something other than "officially" then, as that makes no sense at all.

:Exige:
12-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Very rarely will a car be designed by one person only, unless you are Lee Noble or something.
This is when I expect someone to come in and say they are :rolleyes: . Many Cars seem to be designed by women .. Mazda MX5 for example .. or is that hair dressers :p Good ole stereotyping works every time :)

IBrake4Rainbows
12-13-2004, 02:41 PM
The Ford Model U's chief Designer was a lady by the name of Lauren Van Der Acker, I believe.

CdocZ
12-13-2004, 02:49 PM
ok, guys, if you want to argue, do it somewhere else, i need this for school.