PDA

View Full Version : PLZ help but don t make fun of me

white devil
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
DUDE i am still 16 and i like cars too much and i wanted to have some information i hope you wont laught at me cause i think all of you gone threw this step till now you know almost everything about cars...

What is the difference between a strait six and v6 other than the look does it affect the car ??????? the power ????????

if i wanted to buy a car what should i be looking at in the performance other than the HP,Price,andengine?????

white devil
12-12-2003, 08:15 PM
one more question is the 4weeldrive better than the rwd i know that on the dry land the rwd is better but on the wet lan the 4 weel drive is better.. but doe s the 4 weal drive affecet the acceleratin?? speed??alll those stuf?

megotmea7
12-12-2003, 08:54 PM
What is the difference between a strait six and v6 other than the look does it affect the car ??????? the power ????????
i assume you know about the obvious differences between the 2, (the "V" and "inline" or "strait" cylinder configurations) so ill cut to the other stuff, as far as one making power easier than the other i would say no. there are differences as far as weight, size, and exhaust/turbo mounting. an inline block of the same displacement of a "V" block will be longer and heavier assuming the same materials are used(i.e. cast iron or aluminum block) as more metal is needed. and the cylinders cant be stagered as with a V6 to save space. overall the V6 is a smaller package if wider for obvious reasons. exhaust and turbo plumbing is easier on a I6 as only one header/turbo manifold is needed and due to the engines narrowness it doesnt have to be a "block hugger" and it leaves room for a larger turbo, where on a V6 2 seperate turbo's and turbo manifolds are needed(for pracicality resons, single turbo drag piping need not apply) and there is less clearance (this is all generalized) for higher flowing headers/manifolds and/or turbos.

but doe s the 4 weal drive affecet the acceleratin?? speed??alll those stuf?
generaly with an awd and a rwd car of the same power/weight the rwd car would perform better, the awd car has more powertrain losses. the awd car can launch harder because it has more traction but overall the rwd car has more available pulling power

ill go more indepth and answer your other questions later as i have a party to go to now...

Egg Nog
12-13-2003, 12:23 AM
This page should be of great assistance...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm

-datsun 1600-
12-13-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Egg Nog

I'd have to agree wiked webpage

white devil
12-13-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by megotmea7
i assume you know about the obvious differences between the 2, (the "V" and "inline" or "strait" cylinder configurations) so ill cut to the other stuff, as far as one making power easier than the other i would say no. there are differences as far as weight, size, and exhaust/turbo mounting. an inline block of the same displacement of a "V" block will be longer and heavier assuming the same materials are used(i.e. cast iron or aluminum block) as more metal is needed. and the cylinders cant be stagered as with a V6 to save space. overall the V6 is a smaller package if wider for obvious reasons. exhaust and turbo plumbing is easier on a I6 as only one header/turbo manifold is needed and due to the engines narrowness it doesnt have to be a "block hugger" and it leaves room for a larger turbo, where on a V6 2 seperate turbo's and turbo manifolds are needed(for pracicality resons, single turbo drag piping need not apply) and there is less clearance (this is all generalized) for higher flowing headers/manifolds and/or turbos.

generaly with an awd and a rwd car of the same power/weight the rwd car would perform better, the awd car has more powertrain losses. the awd car can launch harder because it has more traction but overall the rwd car has more available pulling power

ill go more indepth and answer your other questions later as i have a party to go to now...

thx man :D

white devil
12-13-2003, 04:50 AM

thx 2 i apreciate that i will be reading more about that stufff so i will improove my knoled about cars :D

megotmea7
12-13-2003, 09:52 AM
if i wanted to buy a car what should i be looking at in the performance other than the HP,Price,andengine?????
weight, its the number one determining factor when it comes to performance(besides top speed) lighter cars accelerate faster, can corner better(assuming the suspention is of the same orientation), and would get better gas mileage. aslo you should be looking at safty, your first car should be a safe one not an extremely fast one, learn to drive first then down the road(pun) get a more high performance car. sorry if that didnt make much sence as im a bit hung over right now...:o

white devil
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by megotmea7
weight, its the number one determining factor when it comes to performance(besides top speed) lighter cars accelerate faster, can corner better(assuming the suspention is of the same orientation), and would get better gas mileage. aslo you should be looking at safty, your first car should be a safe one not an extremely fast one, learn to drive first then down the road(pun) get a more high performance car. sorry if that didnt make much sence as im a bit hung over right now...:o

it did lol

thx anyway but i wasthinking of gettin an M3 as a first car:p

Egg Nog
12-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by white devil

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Lamboghini Diablo for my first car. The problem was, I only had about $2000.

Good luck on that M3 ;) Even an E30 could set you back quintuple digits...

NoOne
12-14-2003, 04:32 AM

Good luck to you, I hope you are able to acquire such a fine car as your first, but if you do, don't post in the "Humble Beginnings" thread in the "Users Rides" forum .....no need to rub our faces in it ...lol :D

white devil
12-14-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by NoOne
Good luck to you, I hope you are able to acquire such a fine car as your first, but if you do, don't post in the "Humble Beginnings" thread in the "Users Rides" forum .....no need to rub our faces in it ...lol :D

if i buy one i will post 100000000 of pics lol

now i will be starting with an M3 and then moove to M6 CSL:p

and thx dude you r the only guys who are supporting me alll my family think that i am crazy to spend that much money on a car but for me i prefere to have a nice car then a house heheh i will sleep in my car :p

white devil
12-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Lamboghini Diablo for my first car. The problem was, I only had about $2000.

Good luck on that M3 ;) Even an E30 could set you back quintuple digits...

good luck with you r diablo but why dont you think of the galardo i know that it s not as strong as the diablo but it s like half the price and looks as twice as better :confused:

Egg Nog
12-14-2003, 10:59 AM
good luck with you r diablo but why dont you think of the galardo i know that it s not as strong as the diablo but it s like half the price and looks as twice as better :confused:

I was thinking the Gallardo is more along the lines of "less expensive and absolutely hideous". The Diablo is infinitely better looking. I'll take a VT Roadster in Red or Yellow please :)

white devil
12-14-2003, 04:42 PM
I was thinking the Gallardo is more along the lines of "less expensive and absolutely hideous". The Diablo is infinitely better looking. I'll take a VT Roadster in Red or Yellow please :)

what about the murcielago then :p it s twice as expencive but 10000 time better i think you agree with that now :p

no the diablo is a gr8 car and if i had the money to buy it i wouldnt think twice befor buying it ...i hope we will be able to buy a diablo both of usssssssss :(

white devil
12-14-2003, 04:47 PM
here is a pic for u :p

Egg Nog
12-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Asthetically, the Diablo is hands-down my favorite Lamborghini. Next up is the Miura. I have many good things to say about Lambo reliability and build qualities since the VAG takeover, but I don't find them nearly as good-looking as before.

Either way, if I had the money, I'd keep most of it and buy a Lotus Elise. As far as I'm concerned regarding sports cars, you don't get too much better than that.

By the way, I've seen that photoshopped Diablo before. I really like the look of that.

megotmea7
12-15-2003, 01:22 AM
I'd keep most of it and buy a Lotus Elise. As far as I'm concerned regarding sports cars, you don't get too much better than that.
what about the lotus 340R? it is a little better ;), its more of a sports car than the elise, that is if you want to call it that...(a "car" i mean)

-datsun 1600-
12-15-2003, 03:52 AM
it did lol

tsk tsk rich kids and daddys money why cant they work hard like the rest of us long hours slaving for low wages eh

sorry random outburst

NoOne
12-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by -datsun 1600-
tsk tsk rich kids and daddys money why cant they work hard like the rest of us long hours slaving for low wages eh

sorry random outburst

Yeah, but they'll miss out on the learning experience and skinned knuckles/forearms/shins of getting an older car ready for the road.

I would have loved to have been able to buy a new car from the showroom as my first car, but then again I don't think I could've waited 'til I was 27 either :D .

The story of my first car is HERE (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=729) :cool:

Falcon500
12-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Yeah, but they'll miss out on the learning experience and skinned knuckles/forearms/shins of getting an older car ready for the road.

I would have loved to have been able to buy a new car from the showroom as my first car, but then again I don't think I could've waited 'til I was 27 either :D .

The story of my first car is HERE (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=729) :cool: Wellmy first car is the ford falcon you can see in the My falcon section in the users rides section it cost me$1000 my 2nd car i bought which is the one i lernt to drive in was my 80 datsun sunny which recieved an absolute belting not only forced by me but also me attempting to drive at the age of 16 and while i dislike the car id sujjest that you should start off with a pile get you lisence and when you get a job (like im trying for) then get a car youll dearly love I didnt learn in my falcon because id just about snap if somthing happen to it and with an inexperianced driver behind the wheel its very liekly to happen. Im currently in the market of getting some small jap box with somewhat decent fuel ecconmy I thikn a toyota celica sounds good or prehaps a series II RX7 any suggestions? This will be my dayly driver take note.

r34_296kw
12-15-2003, 02:45 PM

sorry random outburst hey not all rich kids are bad and dont work....i had filthy rich parents but i still worked my ass off for really low wages so not all rich kids are work haters...

white devil
12-15-2003, 03:38 PM

My father is dead and me and my bros are working for the family
so plz next time be sure befor taking and killing other peopls fealin :( WHY THE **** DID YOU SAY THAT:(
and second i am willing to work so hard to be able to atcheve my goals and if i was not able to buy an M3 well thats it then

NoOne
12-15-2003, 05:55 PM

sorry random outburst

My father is dead and me and my bros are working for the family
so plz next time be sure befor taking and killing other peopls fealin :( WHY THE **** DID YOU SAY THAT:(
and second i am willing to work so hard to be able to atcheve my goals and if i was not able to buy an M3 well thats it then
White Devil,
I believe you took that comment the wrong way ... it was meant sarcastically. ;)

white devil
12-15-2003, 06:02 PM
White Devil,
I believe you took that comment the wrong way ... it was meant sarcastically. ;)

ok thx but i dont like when people tell me that you know it s kind of bad for a guy like me:( any way i am sory for that i promis no more F words :p

Egg Nog
12-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by r34_296kw
hey not all rich kids are bad and dont work....i had filthy rich parents but i still worked my ass off for really low wages so not all rich kids are work haters...

And yet you say you've saved up $30,000? How did that happen?

megotmea7: The Lotus 340R is not a sports car. It's a grasshopper on wheels strapped to a jet engine ;)

Batmobile_Turbo
12-15-2003, 07:12 PM

Either way, if I had the money, I'd keep most of it and buy a Lotus Elise. As far as I'm concerned regarding sports cars, you don't get too much better than that.

also i think the elise is about the only remaining true and pure sports car, there might be others but he elise is as close to a traditional moders-day sportscar as you can get.

DiabloGTR
12-15-2003, 08:29 PM
White Devil, I find it hard to believe that any 16-year-old's first car is a $60,000+ car. Others are right, you should perfect your driving skills for 2 to 3 years driving in the real world and then buy a high performance car.
The insurance rates for a 16-year-old with an M3 would be very expensive indeed.

mechanixfetch
12-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Personally i'll take the Diablo Jota Americana and well that is that. I hope you appreciate my two penneth

-datsun 1600-
12-16-2003, 12:04 AM
Sorry white devil i was only being sarcastic but you must be making huge dollars to get an m3 for your first car

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 12:08 AM
ok thx but i dont like when people tell me that you know it s kind of bad for a guy like me:( any way i am sory for that i promis no more F words :p for a moment there i thought you would convert into the "old" r34_296kw

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 12:09 AM
And yet you say you've saved up $30,000? How did that happen?
lets just say i had $29,000 lying in my bank account beforehand

Egg Nog
12-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by r34_296kw
lets just say i had $29,000 lying in my bank account beforehand

"Let's just ask how/why..."

I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe. I don't want you to turn into another "Stacy" owner :)

r34_296kw
12-16-2003, 12:36 AM
"Let's just ask how/why..."

I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe. I don't want you to turn into another "Stacy" owner :) well what my parents used to do before was wen that they take a few grand each month and deposit it into the bank account i had....i dont know why they did it but they did it

megotmea7
12-16-2003, 03:15 AM
megotmea7: The Lotus 340R is not a sports car. It's a grasshopper on wheels strapped to a jet engine
lmao, in apearance and in practice...

-datsun 1600-
12-20-2003, 11:35 PM
well what my parents used to do before was wen that they take a few grand each month and deposit it into the bank account i had....i dont know why they did it but they did it

So in other words your parents did buy you your 1st car

r34_296kw
12-21-2003, 02:04 AM
yes they bought my crx...but now im going to buy my own car with my own money :D that skyline r32 gtr vspec is going to be in very good care and very good hands...i will buy a r34 gtr after i finish uni and get a good full time job

-datsun 1600-
12-23-2003, 09:52 PM
yes they bought my crx...but now im going to buy my own car with my own money :D that skyline r32 gtr vspec is going to be in very good care and very good hands...i will buy a r34 gtr after i finish uni and get a good full time job

Lucky and good choice. How did you get that much money from just saving?

r34_296kw
12-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Lucky and good choice. How did you get that much money from just saving?well my parents run 7+ businesses and besides they've been putting money into my account since i was 13 and i used 2 use it up but ever since i started to run one of their business sideline i knew how hard it was and realised the real value of money so i stopped using the money they put into my account and all the money i got from the sideline business i put into their account because without them i would have never ended up with that money

Egg Nog
12-24-2003, 05:25 AM
ever since i started to run one of their business sideline i knew how hard it was and realised the real value of money so i stopped using the money they put into my account and all the money i got from the sideline business i put into their account because without them i would have never ended up with that money

I don't really believe any of this. Sometimes it's pushing it for me to think you have the mental capacity to run a faucet, let alone a business :rolleyes:

r34_296kw
12-24-2003, 05:14 PM
I don't really believe any of this. Sometimes it's pushing it for me to think you have the mental capacity to run a faucet, let alone a business :rolleyes:do u also want to visit the 3 websites i run? if you dont believe me about the websites ask fpv he'll tell you because hes been there :p and its true about their business i run sideline...besides i need to learn how to run their business because someday in the near future i will take over them.

Egg Nog
12-24-2003, 08:07 PM
do u also want to visit the 3 websites i run? if you dont believe me about the websites ask fpv he'll tell you because hes been there :p and its true about their business i run sideline...besides i need to learn how to run their business because someday in the near future i will take over them.

But you don't actually run a business, your parents just let you kind of "shadow" it and explain what's going on. If you actually ran it, you'd have the seniority to hire and fire people, and to make actual management decisions... that's a scary thought.

Do you just make websites or what? I'm confused... By the way, my brother and I make the occasional website too... http://www.coasterglobe.com has been a long-term project for us.

r34_296kw
12-24-2003, 11:20 PM
But you don't actually run a business, your parents just let you kind of "shadow" it and explain what's going on. If you actually ran it, you'd have the seniority to hire and fire people, and to make actual management decisions... that's a scary thought.

Do you just make websites or what? I'm confused... By the way, my brother and I make the occasional website too... http://www.coasterglobe.com has been a long-term project for us.i make websites and i run them too and yes i cant hire and fire people so i just run their business sideline but dont worry someday all those businesses will be mine <<does evil laugh>>

Egg Nog
12-24-2003, 11:34 PM
dont worry someday all those businesses will be mine <<does evil laugh>>

That's actually the reason why I was worrying :)

Okay, good, but what do you actually do at work, aside from making web pages? What consitutes "running a business sideline"? To me, it all seems vague and contrived...

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit pushy, but I'm curious :D

r34_296kw
12-24-2003, 11:56 PM
That's actually the reason why I was worrying :)

Okay, good, but what do you actually do at work, aside from making web pages? What consitutes "running a business sideline"? To me, it all seems vague and contrived...

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit pushy, but I'm curious :Dwell i actually sell and market their products on websites like EBay, Trademe.co.nz Traderpoint.co.nz etc... and also on one of my websites so thats running their business sideline/shadowing it.

Falcon500
12-25-2003, 06:08 AM
So does that mean you do spam messages or would that be banners and other stuff like that?

Egg Nog
12-25-2003, 01:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3448297007&category=31554

Check this guy out... I think he runs IBM. :rolleyes: