PDA

View Full Version : tire popped, second time in one week

my porsche
12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
my mom had her right rear tire popped last week, and now today she hit a curb just barely, and wam, the front right one popped, she has ultra low-profile tires, from dunlop and they must have only about an inch and a half of sidewall, or less, they cost about $250-300 each, and luckily, last time she had the tires in, last week, she got them all insured, so she doesnt have to pay for the new ones! pretty sweet deal

luckily i was with her and changed the tire to the spare in pit crew-esque times :D im actually pretty good at it though

Spastik_Roach
12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
What car was she driving?

shr0olvl
12-17-2004, 02:57 PM
hah, my mom hit the curve the other day one wanna those U turns under the highways, actually i shud say she ran over the curve :D

horrible, just horrible

Karrmann
12-17-2004, 03:07 PM
luckily i was with her and changed the tire to the spare in pit crew-esque times :D im actually pretty good at it though

OI know I do that with my moms van (I act pit crew when i do crap to it)

once when I was with a friend ( in his car) we stopped at a gas station and we pit crewed it. affter all that his sister was was saying all this stuff about how we looked just like somone out of Nascar. espically when I yanked out the fuel pump and some fuel splattered.

I wouldnt' be suprised if we can get a job on a nascar pit crew if a team offical drove by at a gas station and saw us we'd be perfect.

we'd be the youngest people to ever go in Nascar!! :D

my porsche
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
What car was she driving?

her "2003 Saab 9-5 HOT AERO"

its pretty tight, all my friends think its awesome, its not just a saab 9-5, its got a body kit, 270hp, and sport suspension, and 18" allow rims, like 11 spoke

heres a pic, hold on its not the queer saabs your thinking of, its actually cool

http://www.saab.com/home/image/media/gallery/saab_95/95_1_large.jpeg

hers is like that, but lower, and high performance tires instead of the off-road looking jobs they have on there

EDIT: oh and my brother also put one of those "Whiptastic Handling" stickers from the mini ads, which adds 20bhp

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2004, 03:26 PM
You cant kerb or traverse potholes in low profiel tyres. There's not enough wall to absorb the impact and it all ends up meeting the rims which then will damage the sidewall !!

If she's going to do it often get some Yoko or Avons with side protection. In reality it's just a LOT more rubber onth e tyrewalls and it helps a little bit.

Personally I'm annoyed at the insurance scam. That's driver error and not "chance accident" which is what the insurance is set up for. I'd be annoyed if I was paying the premiums :)

my porsche
12-17-2004, 03:35 PM
You cant kerb or traverse potholes in low profiel tyres. There's not enough wall to absorb the impact and it all ends up meeting the rims which then will damage the sidewall !!

If she's going to do it often get some Yoko or Avons with side protection. In reality it's just a LOT more rubber onth e tyrewalls and it helps a little bit.

Personally I'm annoyed at the insurance scam. That's driver error and not "chance accident" which is what the insurance is set up for. I'd be annoyed if I was paying the premiums :)

ok, her turning radius isnt very good, my moms a good driver, but i mean she was almost put of the turn, when she brushed and and "pshhhhhhh..."

so are you saying its, BAD to have tire insurance? im kinda confused, last time she had them all replaced, it was $1200, for tires only

Matra et Alpine
12-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Nah I'm saying that the tyre insurance is probably to cover the normal risks of nails on the road, accidents etc.

Not there to pay for bad driving :)

So all the good drivers premiums are going to fund your mum's new tyres for HER "stupidity" ( sorry mum :) )

my porsche
12-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Nah I'm saying that the tyre insurance is probably to cover the normal risks of nails on the road, accidents etc.

Not there to pay for bad driving :)

So all the good drivers premiums are going to fund your mum's new tyres for HER "stupidity" ( sorry mum :) )

yeah i too couldnt resist the chance to poke fun of her "gee mom, i think i might need tire insurance if ive got your driving genes!" :D

Spastik_Roach
12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't think Saabs are queer mate, I love em! Great car.

my porsche
12-17-2004, 03:55 PM
some of them are dorky looking, but my mums is hip, and with it, and "cool" :D its a pretty pimp car, fast too, well, when my dad drives :D

KnifeEdge_2K1
12-17-2004, 06:21 PM
it is a saab ... but that is pretty slick

PininfarinaPIMP
12-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Maybe you mom needs to ditch the insurance and spend the money on driving lessons. The dumbass sister blew out a brand new tire, said she ran over something but i think she hit the curb, blew the tire, then pulled over and hit the curb a second time...

PininfarinaPIMP
12-17-2004, 06:50 PM
I wanted to put rims on the car, but when i saw how she ****ed up the hubs i said **** that...

PininfarinaPIMP
12-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Most people dont need low profile, high traction, racing tires. Ive driven EXTREMELY hard on the normal radials i have on now and have NEVER lost traction around a corner...

Spastik_Roach
12-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Pininfarina, if you've got something else to say, just click the edit button in your first post and put it in there, or some people are gunna call you a spammer :)

Friendly Advice from your friendly neighbourhood Roach!

my porsche
12-17-2004, 09:18 PM
ok this has turned from me just informing you that my mom accidentally popped a tire, to people telling me i dont need high perf tires and that my mom sucks at driving

saying you dont need high perf tires is like saying you dont "need" a porsche carrera gt, you dont NEED it, but you want it :D