PDA

View Full Version : Ferarri Enzo or Saleen S7

Batmobile_Turbo
12-13-2003, 11:39 PM
now this is a more reasonable thread than Enzo versus Veyron, because the veyron is no mach when it comes to handling and image. so we will compare cars with more in common.
Saleen S7 0-60 3.3 s , top speed = 223 MPH
Ferarri, Enzo Ferarri 0-60 3.28 s, top speed = 217.5 MPH
the saleen boasts a resiliant large-diplacement V8 that grinds out 550 HP
whereas the enzo has an extremely sophisticated V12 that puts out 660 HP.
these cars are the very best of the two biggest car continents. which one do you like more?

bum-man
12-14-2003, 12:11 AM
i would chose the enzo to be best at everything except reliability.

SL500
12-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Enzo

Falcon500
12-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Go the saleen.

Alfahollic
12-14-2003, 06:49 AM
yes enzo. a red one.

SL500
12-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Falcon500
Go the saleen.
Why,give us a reason? please

DwZX35
12-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
now this is a more reasonable thread than Enzo versus Veyron, because the veyron is no mach when it comes to handling and image. so we will compare cars with more in common.
Saleen S7 0-60 3.3 s , top speed = 200.1 MPH
these cars are the very best of the two biggest car continents. which one do you like more?
no! its 223 mph! tons of magazines have gone 220 mph in it!

they are both great, but the Saleen looks way better, and is the most aerodynamically advanced car in the world!

Falcon500
12-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Well imo the ferarri Enzo is really a very ugly car to look at. Not takeing anything away from its road going abilitys but first and foremost its ugly.
Just out of curiosity what are the prices of both these cars? I dont actually know.
What about the saleens torque figure I wouldent mind betting that its got more torque then the Enzo.
Also as dwZX35 pointed out its a very areodynamic shell coupled with the fact its been out performing ferarris in most motorsports this year.

DiabloGTR
12-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SL500
Enzo

Don't ask other people to give a reason if you aren't going to give one yourself.
As DwZX35 mentioned above, the Saleen S 7's top speed is over 220mph.
The Saleen is less expensive and much easier to get.
The Base price for the S7 is about $420,000 USD, while the Enzo goes for about $645,000.
All 399 Enzos have been sold, while the S7 can be ordered from Steve Saleen. So if you wanted, you could get an S7 in the color you want, while the Enzo is was only made in black, red, yellow and silver.
Both are great cars, but the Saleen does look way better.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by DwZX35

they are both great, but the Saleen looks way better, and is the most aerodynamically advanced car in the world!
whoops! sorry i'l change that thanks for the heads up.
my vote is for the S7, it's way better looking than the enzo, and it out-performs the enzo for top speed

american muscle
12-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Good comparison? One is a quarter million dollars more and it hardly beats its competitor? Give me the Saleen, and then a 0-60 in 3.3 Ford GT with the left over money...there is more money left?, ok, A Hemi Ram, Chevy Silverado, and a couple brand new beutiful F-150's. Oh yeah, there nice.

kennyknoxville
12-14-2003, 09:46 PM
i used to hate the way the enzo looked, but in my case it was just one of those cars i had to get a little used to before i fell in love with it. imo, there arent many cars sexier than a black enzo.

id say the enzo is the cooler car. nicer engine, out accelerates the s7, plus id bet an amature driver would do better in the enzo at a race track.

Egg Nog
12-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Give me an Enzo, please. Then I can sell it, keep a bunch of money, and still buy an S7 like I would prefer :)

I'll take my S7 in Red or possbly dark blue (if you're out of red ones) ;)

When two cars perform this well, you, as a driver, won't be able to notice the difference in a straight line. I make my decision based mostly on looks. The S7 is flat-out gorgeous, and the Enzo is...well, that's a matter of taste.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Egg Nog
Give me an Enzo, please. Then I can sell it, keep a bunch of money, and still buy an S7 like I would prefer :)

I'll take my S7 in Red or possbly dark blue (if you're out of red ones) ;)

When two cars perform this well, you, as a driver, won't be able to notice the difference in a straight line. I make my decision based mostly on looks. The S7 is flat-out gorgeous, and the Enzo is...well, that's a matter of taste.

i think the enzo is a woek of art, and it's very beutiful, but the enzo is not the S7 kind of beutifull. the S7 is like right off the bat beutifull and is constanly one of the most beutifull cars around. but the enzo was kind of ugly at first then grew on me.

Scientist
12-15-2003, 04:20 AM
I would take the Enzo, but then again, I'm biased to Italian cars. :)

Batmobile_Turbo is right about the Saleen being 'instantly beatiful'. But the Enzo is looking more extreme, you really can see that it has to be a very fast car, when you look at an Enzo.

NoOne
12-15-2003, 08:05 AM
I've said it before and I still maintain, if I were in the market for an Enzo I'd place an order for the Koenigsegg CC 8S it'll perform as well as the Ferrari or the Saleen but IMO looks way better than either. :cool:

NoOne
12-15-2003, 08:06 AM
What the hell, here's the pic .....

SL500
12-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DiabloGTR
Don't ask other people to give a reason if you aren't going to give one yourself.
As DwZX35 mentioned above, the Saleen S 7's top speed is over 220mph.
The Saleen is less expensive and much easier to get.
The Base price for the S7 is about $420,000 USD, while the Enzo goes for about $645,000.
All 399 Enzos have been sold, while the S7 can be ordered from Steve Saleen. So if you wanted, you could get an S7 in the color you want, while the Enzo is was only made in black, red, yellow and silver.
Both are great cars, but the Saleen does look way better.
Well,i prefer the SLR instead Enzo and S7;),thats even cheaper and a great supercar
Price:375.000.00 Euro

Look,5 SLRs for sail:
http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Fahrzeuge_RecordView.cfm?PageNum_GetRecord_Fahrzeu ge=1&marke=Mercedes-Benz&modell=SLR&languageID=GB

more-boost1555
12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
the S7, for looks, and the fact that it's the best American Supercar ever made. You just cant beat a freakin 7.0 liter V8, as far as torque and driveability, oh and simplicity.

I have nothing against the Enzo, just not as beautifull or unique.

Falcon500
12-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Thats one nice looking automobile NoOne got any more info on it?
Im thinking we should of had a poll in this room.

DwZX35
12-15-2003, 06:06 PM
well, actually, the S7 has a worse 0-100, 8.9 seconds (a gear comes right before 100 mph!), and Ferrari Enzo's is 6.6, the quarter mile on the Enzo is 11.1, the S7, 11.8, not bad for either, but the braking is not nearly as good for the S7 as the enzo. Oh, and about the S7 and SLR, while the SLR costs less, and is stil gorgeous, the S7 is simply, better.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-15-2003, 06:18 PM
i was going to but i forgot, i'll make a new thread for supercars with a poll.

DiabloGTR
12-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Woah, look at this S7 picture. The S7 is clearly a better looking car, while the Enzo performs slightly better.

SL500
12-16-2003, 01:57 AM
damn,you dont know Koenigsegg CC 8S?,thats an awesome car with ford engine......supercharged V8 with more than 650 bhp(i think),and its from sweden,

Falcon500
12-16-2003, 04:19 AM
Nopenever heard of it till now....Seemslike a neat car not a fan of the way the doors open though.
What about the engine? Big block?modular?

fpv_gtho
12-16-2003, 05:56 AM
i'd take the S7, it may have an engine that can be dated back to the muscle car era compared to the enzo's all new V12, but all that technology doesnt help the Enzo get a better torque figure or better fuel consumption. many people have said also, that with better gearing the S7 would be faster and quicker than a McLaren F1

SL500
12-16-2003, 07:40 AM
Nopenever heard of it till now....Seemslike a neat car not a fan of the way the doors open though.
What about the engine? Big block?modular?
Base Info:
Year: 2002 Production #: Not Avaliable
Make: Koenigsegg Base Price: Not Avaliable
Model: CC 8S Origin: Not Avaliable

Performance:
Top Speed: 240 MPH / 386.2 KPH EPA Gas Mileage: Not Avaliable
¼ mile: 10 Seconds 0 - 60 mph: 3.4 Seconds
Lat Acceleration: 1.15 G 0 - 100 mph: Not Available

Engine and Transmission: Body and Frame:
Position: Mid Longitudinal Engine Drive Wheels: Not Avaliable
Configuration: V8 Curb Weight: Not Avaliable
Valvetrain: Not Avaliable Length: 165 IN / 4190 MM
Displacement: 286.8 CU / 4701 CC Width: 78.3 IN / 1989 MM
Power: 655 BHP / 488.4 KW @ 6800 RPM Height: 42.1 IN / 1069 MM
Torque: 553 FT LBS / 749 NM @ 5000 RPM Wheelbase 104.7 IN / 2659 MM
Redline: 7500 RPM Steering: Rack and Pinion
Stroke: Not Avaliable Materials: Carbonfiber, Kevlar and Lightweight Hardfoam Sandwich Over Compo
Bore: Not Avaliable Front Brakes: Vented Discs w/6-Pot Calipers
Gear Type: 6-Speed Manual w/ Air to Oil Cooler Front Brake Size 13.6 IN / 345 MM
1st Gear Ratio: 2.88 Rear Brakes: Vented Discs w/4-Pot Calipers
2nd Gear Ratio: 2.88 Rear Brake Size: 13 IN / 330 MM
3rd Gear Ratio: 1.27 Front Wheels: 18.0 x 9.0 IN / 45.7 x 22.9 CM
4th Gear Ratio: 1.00 Rear Wheels: 18.0 x 11.5 IN / 45.7 x 29.2 CM
5th Gear Ratio: 0.83 Front Tires: 245/40ZR18
6th Gear Ratio: 0.71 Rear Tires: 315/40ZR18
7th Gear Ratio: Not Avaliable Front Suspension: Double Wishbones w/Öhlins Gas-Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
Final Drive Ratio: 3.36 Rear Suspension: Double Wishbones w/Öhlins Gas-Hydraulic Shock Absorbers

General Info
Price: ---
Miles Per Gallon: --- mpg
Curb Weight: 2579 lbs
Layout: Mid-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Supercharged V8
Displacement: 4700 cc
Horsepower: 655 bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 553 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
Redline: 7500 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 3.2 sec
0-100 mph: 7.1 sec
Quarter Mile: 10 sec @ 148 mph
Skidpad: 1.15g
Top Speed: 240 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --- mph

http://www.2sportscars.com/images/cc8s3.jpg

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Koenigsegg/2002-CC-8S-7.jpg

carnut
12-16-2003, 04:02 PM
i would take the enzo over any of them

SPHFerrari
12-16-2003, 04:47 PM
S7 or ferrari Enzo? i wish that i could have either. however, the S7 is just so sick. it just looks better. all the small series of vents and intakes add a super cool touch that is missing on the enzo. if you dont agree just compare a pic of the enzo with that of an s7. and just something that i think is really cool, one of the car mags reports that the S7's body works create so much downforce that theoretically it could drive upside down when at speeds over 168 mph!

Batmobile_Turbo
12-16-2003, 05:16 PM
i think i like the coensgegg(i keep spelling that wrong) more than the enzo, as far as looks go. also the C8 has a very odd interior, but i like it. very great car.

fpv_gtho
12-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SPHFerrari
S7 or ferrari Enzo? i wish that i could have either. however, the S7 is just so sick. it just looks better. all the small series of vents and intakes add a super cool touch that is missing on the enzo. if you dont agree just compare a pic of the enzo with that of an s7. and just something that i think is really cool, one of the car mags reports that the S7's body works create so much downforce that theoretically it could drive upside down when at speeds over 168 mph!

so your saying a car mag said it makes over 1000kg's downforce at close to top speed?

Batmobile_Turbo
12-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by SPHFerrari
why don't they ever do something like this? because if they say it is possible then they should do it, and put it on ripleys belive it or not.

kennyknoxville
12-16-2003, 11:00 PM
yea, i hear this every time i read about the s7. they should just do it. i bet the downforce an enzo makes is similar to an s7, its just ferraris not telling everyone it can drive upside down MIB style to create hype.

fpv_gtho
12-17-2003, 01:41 AM
well the enzo supposedly has the ECU controlling the aerodynamics doesnt it?

SL500
12-17-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
i think i like the coensgegg(i keep spelling that wrong) more than the enzo, as far as looks go. also the C8 has a very odd interior, but i like it. very great car.
Koenigsegg CC8S,not 8C;)
thats the 2002 model

T33
12-18-2003, 11:07 PM
If I am going to drive a car at OVER two hundred MILES per hour do I choose the ultimate limited production FERRARI or the ultimate limited production of a Ford dealer's.

Is this a trick question?

Batmobile_Turbo
12-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by T33
If I am going to drive a car at OVER two hundred MILES per hour do I choose the ultimate limited production FERRARI or the ultimate limited production of a Ford dealer's.

Is this a trick question?
why do you ask if it is a trick question? do you think that one of them is vastly inferior?

udip21
12-20-2003, 05:43 AM
The reason why i choose the enzo over the saleen s7 is because the ferrari does better what both are being made to do - be very fast! the enzo is technologically far superior with things like launch control and many others which give it the closest resemblance to an f1 car. its engineering too is brilliant. add to that that superb exhaust note. the enzo definitely is far quicker around a track. comparitively, no hurting american sentiments, the s7 is a monster to drive and after reading a few reviews, i find the enzo to be quite refined in comparison. it a fact many reviews have even hailed or gestured that it might be the best supercar ever. now that depends upon how u look at it. ugly they find it but listen to what the critics have to say.
from BBC,s Topgear - ' when you look at it in the pictures, you dismiss it as ugly; but now when you look at it in real, your hair just stands up on your skin'. this is only an example. it matters perhaps that a car should look good in pictures but it matters more how it looks in real.
any comparison therefore is comical.

fpv_gtho
12-20-2003, 05:49 AM
well on a performance for price basis, the S7 has it all over the enzo, but ferrari answers that by including the better dynamics, better track times etc. they really appeal to different people

DiabloGTR
12-20-2003, 10:52 AM
yea, i hear this every time i read about the s7. they should just do it. i bet the downforce an enzo makes is similar to an s7, its just ferraris not telling everyone it can drive upside down MIB style to create hype.

They wanted to do it in a test tunnel at Scotland, but the insurance company wouldn't cover it. Anyways, I don't think they have to prove themselves to little idiots on the internet.
I saw a red Enzo at the Tampa international autoshow btw, it's not ugly at all. It all depends on the angle from which you look at the car. I couldn't take my eyes off the red Enzo, even when there were two Mucielagos and a Gallardo right by.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-20-2003, 11:04 AM
They wanted to do it in a test tunnel at Scotland, but the insurance company wouldn't cover it. Anyways, I don't think they have to prove themselves to little idiots on the internet.
I saw a red Enzo at the Tampa international autoshow btw, it's not ugly at all. It all depends on the angle from which you look at the car. I couldn't take my eyes off the red Enzo, even when there were two Mucielagos and a Gallardo right by.
yeah it's not ugly but some people think it's ugly at first and it grows on them.

Nildo
12-20-2003, 03:37 PM
A few things.....

Don't EVER let anyone who hasn't seen an Enzo in the flesh tell you it is ugly. That is out and out bullshit. From EVO magazine: "In the cold light of day it is nothing less than devastating." I have to agree.

Also the CC8s does not outperform the Enzo in any way other than top speed, which in both cars still needs to be independently verified, however it's interior is far more stylish than the Enzo.

As far as the Saleen goes, head to head with the Enzo, consider this. When Ferrari announced Enzo performance figures they quoted 0-62 mph as 3.65 seconds. That time has been flogged over and over by testers. Is the top speed really 'only' 217.5 mph? That hasn't been verified either way. In most, if not all, other performance marques the Saleen doesn't match the Enzo. True, the Enzo is disgustingly overpriced, but value is rarely proportionate to cost. The Enzo is already appreciating in price, so as an investment it is actually not bad.

My vote goes to the Enzo. I do like the Saleen, but the Enzo is a better supercar.

fpv_gtho
12-20-2003, 05:59 PM
aww man, thats gotta be embarrasing to the maranello boys, if individual testers can get teh Enzo going faster than Ferrari's own test drivers

DwZX35
12-20-2003, 06:59 PM
The two cars are both incredible

Although you'd probably pick up more chicks in an S7 :D

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 03:30 AM
Well I have one queation does anybody have anything on the cars perofrmances on the track? ive heard many sotires aboutt he Saleen being quite sucsessful and ive seen what the similarbodyed Mosler is capeable comming 2nd in 02 bathurst 24 hour race and a 5th this year despite plenty of pannel damage and nothing other then 100mph tape to replace it with. But what of the enzo ive actually heard nothing about this car and im hopeing someone will beable to fill in the gaps of both.

BMW Lover
12-24-2003, 03:49 PM
S7 becuase im not a Ferrari lover, thats why i prefer S7

udip21
12-26-2003, 10:01 AM
i agree profoundl that u are right!

udip21
12-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Well I have one queation does anybody have anything on the cars perofrmances on the track? ive heard many sotires aboutt he Saleen being quite sucsessful and ive seen what the similarbodyed Mosler is capeable comming 2nd in 02 bathurst 24 hour race and a 5th this year despite plenty of pannel damage and nothing other then 100mph tape to replace it with. But what of the enzo ive actually heard nothing about this car and im hopeing someone will beable to fill in the gaps of both.

thats because ferrari doesnt race the ENZOS. they are limited production.

Touran
12-26-2003, 11:48 AM
I would choose a Enzo!

Motorer1
12-26-2003, 09:51 PM
I like american muscle. Go the Saleen S7. Have you guys seen they did witht the S281 mustang? :drool:

Homem de Gelo
12-27-2003, 12:30 AM
None.
With the money needed to get anyone of them, I'd buy a used F40 (obviously it would be used) and update it with whatever parts possibkle, like new brakes or suspennsion components. It's not like the F40 would be trashed by anyone of them, because, at that level of performance, the driver makes the difference.

godrie
12-27-2003, 01:53 AM
I should say both. The Ferrari Enzo is super but I think I should prefer the Saleen S7 in real life. Saleen isn't much known then Ferrari so more curious people when you drive in it :D
But I think I would prefer some classic cars when I had the money for such cars.

Falcon500
12-27-2003, 06:17 AM
thats because ferrari doesnt race the ENZOS. they are limited production.
Well that seems alittle wasteful if youask me such a fine car never finding its way too the track. And it foils the best compaison you can make between the cars real life track comparison.

DiabloGTR
12-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Well that seems alittle wasteful if youask me such a fine car never finding its way too the track. And it foils the best compaison you can make between the cars real life track comparison.

The s7 is a limited production car as well, I heard only 400 will be made. It's supposed to be a custom order car.
Ferrari sold all the Enzos, all the car reviews done on the Enzo are done with private owners. I don't think those rich spoiled bastard will enter them in any sort of races. :(

Falcon500
12-28-2003, 02:23 AM
Well Saleen is racing their cars. And ferrari have a great pedigree of racing and i view it a waste not to make use of the rich history of ferrari or such a great car in racing IMO.

henk4
12-29-2003, 04:07 AM
Well Saleen is racing their cars. And ferrari have a great pedigree of racing and i view it a waste not to make use of the rich history of ferrari or such a great car in racing IMO.

Ferrari is using the 575M in the same class as the Saleen (run by Conrad racing). The Ferraris (Scuderia BMS) normally win, as the reliability of the Saleen leaves much to be desired. We may see a Maserati is FIA-GT events next year and some say it will just be a re-badged Enzo. May be by then we can have all the answers we want now.

My reply to the original question: Enzo.

Falcon500
12-29-2003, 04:22 AM
We actually have scuderia here (althouh its PHR Prancing horsse racing scuderia here) and they were actuallywinning untillthey let paul stokell run a centrifical shifter on his diablo.

henk4
12-29-2003, 04:28 AM
We actually have scuderia here (althouh its PHR Prancing horsse racing scuderia here) and they were actuallywinning untillthey let paul stokell run a centrifical shifter on his diablo.

Scuderia means nothing else but team (squadra in Italian) so anybody running Ferraris can call his team Scuderia so and so. What exactly is the device he put in the Diablo?

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 01:42 AM
He put a centrifical shifter drvice to replace the H pattern the car arrived in the country with incidently he also used to have serious problems with snapping shifters that stopped and with the cnetfrifical shifter give him a big advantage getting rid of a lot of human error and allowing him to shift damn fast the example is his time at phillip isalnd i think it was which was nearly 4 seconds faster then his time last year and 2 seconds faster then a v8 super car.

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 01:53 AM
phillip island though is a pretty fast and flowing track, anyone that can hold speed throughout corners and such should be able to do pretty good, same with bathurst, if anyone was game to actually accelerate through the esses they could smash the lap record, maybe that was murphy's secret last year

henk4
01-01-2004, 03:06 AM
He put a centrifical shifter drvice to replace the H pattern the car arrived in the country with incidently he also used to have serious problems with snapping shifters that stopped and with the cnetfrifical shifter give him a big advantage getting rid of a lot of human error and allowing him to shift damn fast the example is his time at phillip isalnd i think it was which was nearly 4 seconds faster then his time last year and 2 seconds faster then a v8 super car.

But was is a "centrifical shifter" is it a sequential gearbox or what? :confused:

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 03:32 AM
I actually have no idea Im thinking more along the lines its like the addons you can buy for the top loader gearbox nowdays they wernt very specific on what the done they were focusing more on what it done for him.

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 03:38 AM
this may sound crazy, but it isnt a system that when he goes to grab a gear the clutch shifts by itself or something?? as i said, crazy

henk4
01-01-2004, 03:48 AM
this may sound crazy, but it isnt a system that when he goes to grab a gear the clutch shifts by itself or something?? as i said, crazy

That sounds more like the old semi-automatic, whereby as soon as you touched the gearknob the gears would disengage and you could shift. Very slow system though, and I am sure that it's also not comparable to the Wilson or Cotal pre-selcetion systems but who knows whether they managed to improve on that?

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 03:55 AM
well falc was saying something about it got rid of some driver error or something, so it got me thinking along those lines

henk4
01-01-2004, 04:09 AM
well falc was saying something about it got rid of some driver error or something, so it got me thinking along those lines

Well whatever it was, if you know more than don't hesitate to post it.

Falcon500
01-02-2004, 05:34 AM
Its still a ture manual in the snese youput the clutch in and shift it your self but the way it shifts up to go up a gear and down to go down a gear (and a slow movement near the middle for reverse) removes the chance of missed gears and allows for a lightning fast shift. The only problems i heard on this system was in the inorgrual (spelling?) bathrust 24 hour where nathan prettys 427 monaro jammed in gear but that was a mechanical error that was fixes by him getting out and rocking the car backwards and forewards (i have no idea how but it worked)

henk4
01-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Its still a ture manual in the snese youput the clutch in and shift it your self but the way it shifts up to go up a gear and down to go down a gear (and a slow movement near the middle for reverse) removes the chance of missed gears and allows for a lightning fast shift. The only problems i heard on this system was in the inorgrual (spelling?) bathrust 24 hour where nathan prettys 427 monaro jammed in gear but that was a mechanical error that was fixes by him getting out and rocking the car backwards and forewards (i have no idea how but it worked)

Thanks, this sounds like a sequential gearbox, where you have to go through all the gears going up and down so going down from 4 to 2 is impossible without using 3 as well. All WRC cars have them and they work very fast.

Falcon500
01-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks, this sounds like a sequential gearbox, where you have to go through all the gears going up and down so going down from 4 to 2 is impossible without using 3 as well. All WRC cars have them and they work very fast. Yes very much so but im not too sure on this but there are actual addons avaible on gear boxes like the ford top loader one i mentioned before its sort of a bolt on thing youcan do..Im junder the impression it has oneof these add ons...or manybe im just confusing myself.

henk4
01-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Yes very much so but im not too sure on this but there are actual addons avaible on gear boxes like the ford top loader one i mentioned before its sort of a bolt on thing youcan do..Im junder the impression it has oneof these add ons...or manybe im just confusing myself.
Well you are certainly confusing me :D :D

sandwich
01-02-2004, 12:24 PM
can anyone explain to me how a heavier car with less horsepower and torque could possibly accelerate faster than a lighter car with more HP?

i find those figures extremely hard to believe, 3.3 for the saleen. I think they need to send a car out to a non-american magazine for further testing.

Is it even possible? Is it the gearing? It just seems like BS to me.

And one possibility- enzo's have adjustable spoilers...that could prevent them from racing...and one more...they cost 3/4 of a million dollars...are you going to want to crash that into a wall just to prove your supercar is faster?

I think the saleen is prettier....it's a sweet looking car. However, I think the enzo would outperform it on the street in every category...it's just better designed.

DasModell
01-05-2004, 07:12 AM
one answer could be ..gearbox ratio ..

Falcon500
01-05-2004, 01:18 PM
And one possibility- enzo's have adjustable spoilers...that could prevent them from racing...and one more...they cost 3/4 of a million dollars...are you going to want to crash that into a wall just to prove your supercar is faster?designed.
Well the porsches nowdays have adjustable spoilers but they are still racing. Hell even the cheap(er) Semi prefessional class of super sedan in australia run adjustable spoilers Why would this allow them not to race?
And here in australia in our nations cup class we have a racing team called prancing horse racing and they run a 360 challange they got from some performance branch of ferrari and the car ended up costing them 750k and thats not whats involved runnig and maintaining that car. I bet theres a alot of international teams that couldafford to run the cars if a small australin Importer can run them.

86m3mpower
01-05-2004, 11:35 PM
The saleen nudges out the enzo for these reasons.
- the enzo was sold out before it even hit the market.
- the enzo is ugly while the saleen is truely an aerodynamic work of art.
- Ferrari could have done better. 17 years after the F40 and they throw almost 200 more horses but barely shade off .2 seconds 0-60 off the f40. (2 IHI turbos do help the f40 though)
- Although i dont know the s7's compression ratio, im sure it's more 'force induction compatable' then the enzo's 11.2:1 compression ratio. after market turbos are still the cheapest way to add serious hp, though decreasing the longevity of your engine.
in the end, i'd take the s7...although saying 'I drive a ferrari' sounds better then saying 'i drive a saleen'

Rijoh
01-09-2004, 08:49 AM
For me Enzo, cause it's the extremest supercar ever made. I've seen it in real and it's a stunning beautiful beast.
The S7 just looks like a streched Mac F1

speedster
03-06-2004, 04:09 PM

I WOULD CHOOSE THE SALEEN S7 OVER ANY CAR. IT'S AN AMERICAN SUPERCAR AND IT LOOKS AWSOME.

werty
03-06-2004, 06:38 PM
i would choose the Enzo over the S7 any day

why you might ask...Here is a list of reasons why i don't like the S7 as much as the Enzo

enzo has better status symbol
enzo exotic looks
performance, i prefer F1 engineering over a ford tuner branch company
i trust italian cars over American cars
even if the enzo is more, you know if you have to sell it one day you might actually make money, as oposed to the s7 resale value

the list goes on into eternity, but i think i have made my points quite clear

fast movin matt
10-12-2004, 09:57 PM
For me Enzo, cause it's the extremest supercar ever made. I've seen it in real and it's a stunning beautiful beast.
The S7 just looks like a streched Mac F1
extremest isn't a word

and the enzo is just useless eurotrash, maybe the dumb wops should drop their 'we have nothing to prove' attitude if their going to build cars in this class (not to say that ferarri has much class)

if someone gave me that much money, they'd get a car thats half decent looking atleast, i'd rather look at a civic

oh and i've seen the s7 for real and it is hot...and it surely does not look like a streched out mclaren...it is a beautiful beast

taz_rocks_miami
10-12-2004, 11:49 PM
extremest isn't a word

and the enzo is just useless eurotrash, maybe the dumb wops should drop their 'we have nothing to prove' attitude if their going to build cars in this class (not to say that ferarri has much class)

Racial slurs aren't appreciated here, you'll be lucky if one of the mods doesn't ban you on your first post.

if someone gave me that much money, they'd get a car thats half decent looking atleast, i'd rather look at a civic

Don't worry, no one will ever give you that much money unless you win a lottery, which I doubt you will.

oh and i've seen the s7 for real and it is hot...and it surely does not look like a streched out mclaren...it is a beautiful beast

That's the only half inteligent thing you've said in this post.

Having said that. For me it's a close call between the two, I'd love to have them both in my garage. By a slim margin I would pick the Enzo, then the S7. Why? I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to buy Ferrari's best ever car. I also love the S7's looks and performace, and that 427, drool. Oh, hell, if I had the money, I'd get them both at the same time :)

hanz blix
10-13-2004, 03:35 AM
enzo sorry dude for me there is no comparison enzo hands down

henk4
10-13-2004, 08:45 AM

I hope you will practice your name and move :mad:

Deutscher Adler
10-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Saleen S7 0-60 3.3 s , top speed = 223 MPH

Yes the Ferrari is complicated but if you can afford that car then you will never turn a wrench on that bad boy. You will have Guido do it for you. ;)

I would choose the Enzo over the Saleen easy. Does the Saleen have as many suspension settings as the Enzo?? I dont think it does. The Enzo is just a monster. Did you watch the Top Gear episode with Neils testing the Enzo. Man, how could you not want that car.

bush_tuckerman
10-14-2004, 04:36 PM
The Veyron is still a concept car, so how can you compare them. And further more the time they tested top speed it got to about 300Kph and the went off the tarmac into a wall. Then they went to show it could actually DRIVE in public and the test driver spun it!!! They spun an AWD on a dry track! WTF!!!
In my opinion the ENZO is a much better looking car, the Saleen looks about 15 years old... Top speed is not every thing... i reakon that the ENZO would out brake the Saleen and dominate it on a track. In case you have not noticed yet, i am a very bias ferrari fan... I cant rember who, but it was said that the saleen was the most areodynamicly advanced car, i would say that the Enzo would be, its is designed so that the body will assist the driver weither speeding up, holding top speed, braking, turning etc...

bush_tuckerman
10-14-2004, 04:38 PM
The Veyron is still a concept car, so how can you compare them. And further more the time they tested top speed it got to about 300Kph and the went off the tarmac into a wall. Then they went to show it could actually DRIVE in public and the test driver spun it!!! They spun an AWD on a dry track! WTF!!!
In my opinion the ENZO is a much better looking car, the Saleen looks about 15 years old... Top speed is not every thing... i reakon that the ENZO would out brake the Saleen and dominate it on a track. In case you have not noticed yet, i am a very bias ferrari fan... I cant rember who, but it was said that the saleen was the most areodynamicly advanced car, i would say that the Enzo would be, its is designed so that the body will assist the driver weither speeding up, holding top speed, braking, turning etc... :)

CdocZ
10-14-2004, 04:50 PM
hmmm.......s7 vs. enzo.....id have to say the s7, cause i just cant say no to a 427 (7 liter) muscle car engine staring at me with that sexy a body over it

jcp123
10-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Well...S7, for 3 reasons.

1. Although I have no idea what it looks like, it can't be much worse than the Enzo.
2. It's American.
3. 427 V8

QuattroMan
10-14-2004, 06:00 PM
No matter how you look at it, it's a Ford, Ferarri Enzo for me.. :D

AHMEDPAKI
12-31-2007, 01:51 AM
Enzos Body To Weight Ratio Is Less Than Saleen Where As Saleens Body To Weight Ratio Is 3.75/5 And Enzos 2.99/5 Speaking Of Power Saleen Has A More Powerfull Engine 700hp Where As Enzos Is 600 Est
But Saleen Will Slow Down Becuz Its Body Has To Pick Up Its Engine Weight At High Speed Where As Enzos Body Being Light Even With Less Power It Will Beat SALEEN After 5 Minutes Mintage

EL Nino
12-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Please, give me the Enzo. I'm a Ferrari Fan. And the FXX please :P

Lotec_Sirius
12-31-2007, 12:46 PM
That is a tough one, I'll go with the Enzo by a tiny bit

torque55
01-02-2008, 05:30 AM
i would choose the enzo every time.

realistically, i think that it would be very difficult for any one to think otherwise, but then again everyone has their own point of view.

there are so many ways to compare them, aside from on track performance (ALthough i dont know how they measure up) the enzo has to be better in everysingle category. I am sure that the resale value of the saleen will be a joke compared to that of the enzo

tiger
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Definitely the Enzo. Technically, comparing the two is like comparing the most refined technologies to a tractor, one very fast tractor though.

ECS Z06
02-02-2008, 05:46 PM
the ENZO