PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Covini C6W

bballmikey105
12-16-2003, 05:14 PM
what do you think about the 2004 Covini C6W? it is a new design with six wheels. i think some advantages are...

better braking
better traction
better suspension

some disadvantages

more weight
more things that can go wrong
i dont think it is as good looking as 4 wheelers

white devil
12-16-2003, 05:50 PM
That car looks awfoul :p i would personaly never buy one:p

Egg Nog
12-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Screw what it looks like, it's a masterful feat of engineering. It totally reminds me of that 6-wheeled Tyrell F1 car.

Batmobile_Turbo
12-16-2003, 08:06 PM
completely wicked, it looks sweet and probably outhandles everything, i does anyone know the performance figures?

crisis
12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
You have to appreciate people who go to this trouble. I think it looks good but I do prefer cars with a more conventional look. It is real of course, not some clever graphic creation?

Egg Nog
12-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Crisis: Yes, it's real :)

Performance figures can be found here:
http://www.supercars.net/cars/2004@$Covini@$C6Wg.html

After thinking about this car for a while, I realised something; with all that front-end grip, it must totally understeer like crazy. Unless you really pushed it, you'd probably have a tough time trying to powerslide or even to complete a 180. EDIT: I just saw another couple of pictures, and I see now that the front wheels are actually a lot smaller than I thought before. I suppose you probably wouldn't have too much trouble thrashing this car :)

Anyway, it's a sweet idea, and I'm glad that there's at least one six-wheeled production car out there. It's just nice to have one :)

RS6
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Fantastic. Great as a concept, but don't put it into production.

Egg Nog
12-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by RS6
Fantastic. Great as a concept, but don't put it into production.

Well, its a little late for that actually... but you'll be quite glad to hear that they're making less than ten per year.

kennyknoxville
12-17-2003, 10:10 PM
its wrong

r34_296kw
12-26-2003, 07:53 PM
nice and f*ck that you must type more than 10 characters sh*t

godrie
12-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Covini ?

I know a lot of car-factories but this one ? ;)

white devil
12-27-2003, 10:47 AM
nice and f*ck that you must type more than 10 characters sh*t

i know it bothers me 2 :mad:

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2003, 11:02 AM
completely wicked, it looks sweet and probably outhandles everything, i does anyone know the performance figures?
Why do you think it will outhandle ?
There are no lateral G figures given on the pages I can find.

tyrrell 6-wheeler was designed NOT to give more grip or better steering. By using 4 wheels Ken was able to make the front wheels SMALLER. This meant they provided less aerodynamic drag. Not an issue with the Covini body covering the wheels. The steering was a nightmare to setup for different turn-in needs of the various tracks.

I suspect a marketing man has suggested selling on a pseudo-techical advantage to take the $$ out of the pockets of the less intelligent. ( Just like Maybach :-)

henk4
12-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Just looked at the pictures and what strikes me is the very limited legroom, due to the second front axle. You will have to drive in an askew position as the pedals will also have to be offset. Increasing the wheelbase could be an option, but that will add to the weight.
Also wondering how this car will rate in a crashtest which it will have to stand before it can enter any major markets.
Does anybody know whether an AWD version is being considered?

BMW Lover
01-03-2004, 08:09 PM

tyrrell 6-wheeler was designed NOT to give more grip or better steering. By using 4 wheels Ken was able to make the front wheels SMALLER. This meant they provided less aerodynamic drag. Not an issue with the Covini body covering the wheels. The steering was a nightmare to setup for different turn-in needs of the various tracks.

I suspect a marketing man has suggested selling on a pseudo-techical advantage to take the $$ out of the pockets of the less intelligent. ( Just like Maybach :-)

Maybach is surely not in the same package. Maybach is more like a presidential car.
But this peace of s**t is ,like u said, for the less intelligent.

henk4
01-04-2004, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=BMW Lover]Maybach is surely not in the same package. Maybach is more like a presidential car.
But this peace of s**t is ,like u said, for the less intelligent.[/QUOTE

I can name a few very unintelligent presidents!! :D

BMW Lover
01-05-2004, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=BMW Lover]Maybach is surely not in the same package. Maybach is more like a presidential car.
But this peace of s**t is ,like u said, for the less intelligent.[/QUOTE

I can name a few very unintelligent presidents!! :D

give me a name 4 example ;)
lol

NoOne
01-05-2004, 11:59 AM

tyrrell 6-wheeler was designed NOT to give more grip or better steering. By using 4 wheels Ken was able to make the front wheels SMALLER. This meant they provided less aerodynamic drag.

I can understand wanting to reduce aerodynamic drag ....but to replace it with rolling resistance/friction? :confused:

Matra et Alpine
01-05-2004, 12:19 PM
I can understand wanting to reduce aerodynamic drag ....but to replace it with rolling resistance/friction? :confused:
I can't find the book right now, but IIRC the aero drag on the top of a wheel is huge as the wheel rotation creates a laminar flow which is OPPOSED to the direction of travel. So the theory went that by getting this below the laminar flow across the body the overal Cd was greatly reduced.
I'll try and find the book later and get the complete background.
The front wheels were smaller in both raidus and width.
I don't know what pressures they ran. It may be that the rolling resistance was not greatly increased.

baddabang
01-05-2004, 01:10 PM
your right eggnog it does remind me of the f1 car with 6 wheels