PDA

View Full Version : Finished: BMW Z4 Roadster

Dino Scuderia
12-23-2004, 03:09 PM
The is a Maisto 1/24 diecast rebuild, I don't think we're going to get a plastic kit of this car. Just stripping the paint off one of these diecast reveals a lot of potential, the paint was so thick that you couldn't see the fuel filler door.

I glued the hood and doors shut with epoxy glue and filled the gaps with putty and remade the panel lines. The weakest point of the whole model is the painted on rear tail lights.

I painted it with a mixture of Finisher's Greenish Blue(Sauber Petronas F1 color) and German silver. Top coated with three coats of Tamiya TS clear then polished.

The interior is a mixture of PollyScale Oily Black and Engine Black, the silver is Testors Aluminum metalizer.

I put the model together box stock except I added some brakes and lowered it, even reused the BMW emblems.

:Exige:
12-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Never thought of rebuilding diecast models .. not a bad idea *takes his Autoart D-type to his shed with a sander* :)

Esperante
12-24-2004, 08:46 AM
LOL I have the model, got it in Boston! Great changes!

Radnus
02-11-2005, 09:01 AM
this is a new z4:P??

Dino Scuderia
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
this is a new z4:P??

Hi

I don't understand your question.

Manik
02-11-2005, 05:53 PM
you redo you're model huh, you must have alot of experiance. Have you odne any others. Sorry if i sound like an idiot i usually don't visit this area in threads very often

Dino Scuderia
02-13-2005, 09:02 AM
you redo you're model huh, you must have alot of experiance. Have you odne any others. Sorry if i sound like an idiot i usually don't visit this area in threads very often

This is the first diecast I have rebuilt, I am currently working ona Audi TT which is also a rebuild. Then I'm going back to plastic for a while.