PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm - My Pics!

Titanboy_24
12-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,

Well today brought 30cm of snow and freezing rain, which made for some amazing photo opportunities. I was outside for a couple hours taking pics, and managed to condence them into about 40 shots. All the pictures are unedited and straight from the memory card. As always any comments are welcome.

Enjoy, and happy holidays!

Lucas

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album992

:Exige:
12-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Woah theyre excellent .. what camera you using?

Matra et Alpine
12-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Great shots.

My favourite is the berries ON the tree - very surreal.

The posed ones on the ground look to flat and artificial like it was done in a fridge and stuck outside.

Got some competition winners there - worth checking out the digital camera and printer sites. Most of them run photographic competitison. I think you've a winner there.

Great eye and skill :)

narb
12-23-2004, 03:51 PM
excellente pics, one is on my back ground :D

SilverG35SportC
12-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey yeah today in burlington we got the same amount of snow. For those of you who arent familiar with Ontario, burlington is the next city along the lake from Hamilton. We got the same amount of snow. It was weird becasue when it snowed it freezing rained after so there was a small crusty hard layer above powdery snow. :cool:

:Exige:
12-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah .. I like the contrast between the deep red of the berries and the ice that surrounds it. It makes you feel like its encapsulated in time for a moment until it melts. How the white of the snow effects the ice is also good. I could easily see that winning some compos.

8720 is my favourite even though it seems slightly set up .. 8741 is 2nd favourite but the quantity of berries kinda detracts from the simplicity of the scene. Also the ones of the bikes have good potential .. especially the frozen chain .. good still life material.

r1ckst4
12-23-2004, 05:03 PM
beautiful pics... :O

drakkie
12-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Realy, realy nice pics... Too bad they are nort made with a normal camera, using better lenses and stuff 8690 and 8714 are the best in my opinion.The berries ON the bush are also quite nice....

6'bore
12-24-2004, 06:08 AM
I hate snow. Good for drifting, but s*** for weather

Titanboy_24
12-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Well the ice didn't melt last night, so I decided to go out and take some more pics! I focused more on the berries as lots of people liked those. I also got some photos of the ice melting on a fence. Now all I have to do is wait for my fingers to thaw out ;)!

Enjoy,

Lucas

(Half of page 2 and all of page 3)
http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album992?page=2