PDA

View Full Version : Poll for best Gaming system.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:05 AM
'To the left side of the ring we have the one the only, THE PS2!!!
To the right we have the hardcore, music storing, THE XBOX!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
This poll is about the graphics of the game consoles, the games they have on them, and add features like xbox live and the ps2 dvd player.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:10 AM
cant really do this kind of thing. each one offers a completly different genre of games as the one its best with. all youll end up with is a hell of alot of fanboys arguing that their games for that system are better.
EDIT: also, since you forgot gamecube, your just gonna piss off that faction of fanboys before the argument even begins.

werty
12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
My friend and I both got the new Ghost Recon 2 games for Christmas. He got it for Xbox, i got it for PS2.

Differences....totally different levels, guys, guns. Even the terrain and its colors are massivly different.

But for Xbox it has Co-op multiplayer, and PS2 does not. Yet, PS2 version has way way better graphics, and better looking terrain, guns and men, yet has no multiplayer unless u go online.

The games are both awesome. And there differnces are both desirable.

I have no personal preference between the XBox and PS2. They are equally good. But i must say, gamecube made the perfect controller.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:13 AM
I get what you meanbut if you could get one for free what would you pick?

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:14 AM
My friend and I both got the new Ghost Recon 2 games for Christmas. He got it for Xbox, i got it for PS2.

Differences....totally different levels, guys, guns. Even the terrain and its colors are massivly different.

But for Xbox it has Co-op multiplayer, and PS2 does not. Yet, PS2 version has way way better graphics, and better looking terrain, guns and men, yet has no multiplayer unless u go online.

The games are both awesome. And there differnces are both desirable.

I have no personal preference between the XBox and PS2. They are equally good. But i must say, gamecube made the perfect controller.
I have never tried the gamecube controller.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:15 AM
I get what you meanbut if you could get one for free what would you pick?
obviously whichever one has more of your favorite games on it. personally, i hate shoot em ups for ps2, but for racing games i love it. but on xbox (yes, i have both) ill be playing halo/halo2, ghost recon, dead to rights, nightfire, and countless other shooting games. depends on which you want more of, again.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:17 AM
the gamecube controller.......only good if you have rather precise finger controll, which i dont. its too compact requiring precision in how much you move the joysticks, and to add to bad finger control i have rather large thick hands. this is why i like the xbox one the best, it provides more ample room for mistake, and adding onto that, it fits my hands perfectly.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey Cdocz, this poll should then have your vote for which won would you play most your PS2 or your Xbox.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:28 AM
i play them about equally. it just depends on which i want to play more at the moment. racing games/gta3, or shoot em ups

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Okay line up it like this
PS2 Xbox
Graphics
Gameplay
Extra features
Multiplayer (yes/no)
Value
Only one can take each catergory, which one wins? The which does gets the vote simple.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:38 AM
xbox wins with graphics due to better hardware. gameplay, you cannot do, thats basically been the whole point of what ive been saying. extra feutures, ps2 wins, it can play dvd's for free. xbox wins multi, cause you dont need to buy a controller connector, and xbox has a much better system for online play. value? they cost about the same nowadays, so depends on what package you get.
xbox probably wins for value because of the much more advanced hardware

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:43 AM
So then vote for Xbox, and how could PS2 win for extra features? I mean xbox has got live, in which you can talk to people, and race/shoo'em and what ever, and also download extra content if you please.

Rockefella
12-27-2004, 09:45 AM
My choice is se-X-Box, better hardware, halo (ps2 has gran turismo :( but forza motorsport is coming soon), and I just don't like the 'feel' of Ps2. (the controller, graphics, gameplay, etc.

Rockefella
12-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Okay line up it like this
PS2 Xbox
Graphics
Gameplay
Extra features
Multiplayer (yes/no)
Value
Only one can take each catergory, which one wins? The which does gets the vote simple.
X box = overall
Graphics = Xbox
Gameplay = Xbox
Extra Features = Xbox (rip music onto it, internal huge hard-drive, advanced internet)
Multiplayer = not sure, both have pros and cons.
Value = PS2
Games = PS2, bigger variety

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:49 AM
X box = overall
Graphics = Xbox
Gameplay = Xbox
Extra Features = Xbox (rip music onto it, internal huge hard-drive, advanced internet)
Multiplayer = not sure, both have pros and cons.
Value = PS2
Games = PS2, bigger variety
So will you vote for Xbox then?

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 09:50 AM
So then vote for Xbox, and how could PS2 win for extra features? I mean xbox has got live, in which you can talk to people, and race/shoo'em and what ever, and also download extra content if you please.
ps2 has an online system too. it can download updates, play online, etc. differences: xbox live has much more content to download, games can have more people, more servers, more everything. also, the server system for it (largly developed by bungie, makers of halo and halo2) is incredibly unlaggy. considering how much it keeps track of (this is actually xbox live 3) it lags hardly at all, and its tracking hundreds of thousands of people, what they do, what they see, and everything, not too mention all the scores (at least for halo2) go onto bungie.net, where even more info has to be sent from place to place. but, ps2 online is free, xbl costs 60 dollars a year, headset costs like 15 or so, and xbl itself costs another 20 or so last time i checked.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 09:56 AM
But which one is more popular, and there is a xbox live which to is free as you do not need the head set to play.

Rockefella
12-27-2004, 10:29 AM
ps2 has an online system too. it can download updates, play online, etc. differences: xbox live has much more content to download, games can have more people, more servers, more everything. also, the server system for it (largly developed by bungie, makers of halo and halo2) is incredibly unlaggy. considering how much it keeps track of (this is actually xbox live 3) it lags hardly at all, and its tracking hundreds of thousands of people, what they do, what they see, and everything, not too mention all the scores (at least for halo2) go onto bungie.net, where even more info has to be sent from place to place. but, ps2 online is free, xbl costs 60 dollars a year, headset costs like 15 or so, and xbl itself costs another 20 or so last time i checked.
XBox live costs 50 a year i think but........ X-Box Connect is free. Go to xbconnect.com

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 10:29 AM
you dont need the headset at all. and all the free sbl systems are a)fake and b) most likely illegal. also, they are basically all youd get if you did ps2 online

narb
12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
pc....:D
i dont know...wich of them is better.
i still without vote for a moment

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 10:44 AM
you dont need the headset at all. and all the free sbl systems are a)fake and b) most likely illegal. also, they are basically all youd get if you did ps2 online
I'm pretty sure it is not illegal as they would not print it in the 'Offical Xbox Magazine', unless it was something else I'll see if i can find it. Oh by the way I apolagise to CdocZ as I may of got a little carried away.
Sorry

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 10:46 AM
xbox connect isnt illegal, but a whole lot are

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 10:56 AM
whole not? Xbox Live and Xbox Connect are the only ones I've heard of.
CdocZ have you voted yet?

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 10:57 AM
no, i havent voted.there are many more then just those 2, most of which are illegal

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 11:01 AM
no, i havent voted.there are many more then just those 2, most of which are illegal
CdocZ you make me laugh :D After all this time of you and me ' debating' :) you still havn't voted :rolleyes:

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 11:02 AM
im debating that you cant choose, so why should i vote? that would immidiatly show an opinion that is not mine

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 11:09 AM
im debating that you cant choose, so why should i vote? that would immidiatly show an opinion that is not mine
It's your choice, I never said you HAVE TO VOTE you can also give an opinion like you are right now.

Supercarfreak123
12-27-2004, 11:35 AM
PS2, no doubt, allthough I really do like my XBox

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 11:38 AM
PS2, no doubt, allthough I really do like my XBox
So do you have both aswell?

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Haven't voted coz the PC rules on car simulators, graphics and network play ( and performance ) :)

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 11:52 AM
So then vote for xbox as they are made by the same company. Microsoft.

UCR
12-27-2004, 11:55 AM
So then vote for xbox as they are made by the same company. Microsoft.
No, entirly different.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 12:02 PM
No, entirly different.
Not 'entirely', same graphic cards before they will upgrade them in normal Microsoft compter towers, mostly the same games and many more, similar, close to same online experience.

shr0olvl
12-27-2004, 12:02 PM
I like both systems and have both of em too but I like the xbox better knowing that I have had no problems with it and works great and plays all my games without any trouble unlike my ps2 which I gave up on.

After I had my ps2 for about a year or more it stopped playing all my ps2 games, I MEAN ALL of them. I mean it would play them for a little bit then it would just get stuck which then you would have to reset the system. it did this Even on the new ones so I gave that up and it is now sleeping in my closet waiting to be pawned off.

What im saying is i like the xbox more because it's reliable and always works for me rather than my ps2 which sat there and collected dust (which i think all ps2's do) making it not wanting to work. But dont get me wrong, the ps2 can be pretty fun knowing that it has the gta series which is one of my favoriate gaming series of all times :) .

so as you can see, im an xbox kinda guy

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 12:08 PM
What im saying is i like the xbox more because it's reliable and always works for me rather than my ps2 which sat there and collected dust (which i think all ps2's do) making it not wanting to work. But dont get me wrong, the ps2 can be pretty fun knowing that it has the gta series which is one of my favoriate gaming series of all times :) .

so as you can see, im an xbox kinda guy
Glad to see another xbox fan :) (have you voted yet?) And also you can get Grand Theft Auto 3 and vice city on xbox for a few months now, and the new San Andres will be coming on it later January :D.

shr0olvl
12-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Glad to see another xbox fan :) (have you voted yet?) And also you can get Grand Theft Auto 3 and vice city on xbox for a few months now, and the new San Andres will be coming on it later January :D.

yeah, as soon as san andres comes out im goin to get it and yea i voted and made the poll 6 to 6 :D

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 12:25 PM
yeah, as soon as san andres comes out im goin to get it and yea i voted and made it 6 to 6
:D :D :D :D

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2004, 12:34 PM
The Xbos is a single snapshot of Pc technology 3 years ago.

it is a SINGLE video card design and that is one of the MOST advanced areas over that time. So getting full frame rate with full shading and specular highlights at 2000x1600 of highly detailed 32bit textures on cars with 1000s polygons with full mirrorin and shadows is failry standard for the video cars. Way ahead of what Xbox dreamed of back then. Competition is a great thing. You get in a $200 video card what Hewlett-Packard used to charge $100,000 5 years ago !!!!

Intel have advanced the PC interconnect and now have an order of magnitude higher pipeline from main processor to video processor.

All makes for faster more realistic real time images.

The real problems is Microsoft licensing limits developers from producing Xbox and PC games at the same time :(

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 12:48 PM
The real problems is Microsoft licensing limits developers from producing Xbox and PC games at the same time :(
I argee thats where Bill Gates made his mistake, and I don't even like him very much in the first place :mad:.

6'bore
12-27-2004, 01:22 PM
xbox all the way. I have both and I prefer the xbox

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
xbox all the way. I have both and I prefer the xbox
Thanks again 6'bore:D

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 02:05 PM
The Xbos is a single snapshot of Pc technology 3 years ago.

it is a SINGLE video card design and that is one of the MOST advanced areas over that time. So getting full frame rate with full shading and specular highlights at 2000x1600 of highly detailed 32bit textures on cars with 1000s polygons with full mirrorin and shadows is failry standard for the video cars. Way ahead of what Xbox dreamed of back then. Competition is a great thing. You get in a $200 video card what Hewlett-Packard used to charge $100,000 5 years ago !!!!

Intel have advanced the PC interconnect and now have an order of magnitude higher pipeline from main processor to video processor.

All makes for faster more realistic real time images.

thats because it came out 3 years ago. :p

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
thats because it came out 3 years ago. :p
Thats true, but then look at the ps1 and the ps2.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 02:26 PM
your point being? the hardware on the xbox is still way more advanced then on the ps2. ill use the proccesor as an example, which is somewhere between 2 and 3 times faster then the one inside the ps2.

6'bore
12-27-2004, 02:32 PM
your point being? the hardware on the xbox is still way more advanced then on the ps2. ill use the proccesor as an example, which is somewhere between 2 and 3 times faster then the one inside the ps2.

true.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 02:33 PM
i dont think man430 understood what i had meant. i was saying that matra was saying that the xbox hardware was just crap from 3 years ago. thats exactly what it is, and i stated the why.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 02:35 PM
I guess your right but then again you would know that it's by microsoft.

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2004, 02:54 PM
the hardware was state of the art 3 years ago :)
Like all consoles they are foced to take a single shot at the technology and then implement it to sell for 5 or 6 years to recover the costs.
in the meantime the PC componetns have moved forward leaps and bounds and PC games take best advantage for more image quality, realism and communications.
The Xbox problem is they can't upgrade the video just by replacing a chip or card.
Consoles are inherently becoming obsolete from the moment they are fist designed.

That was the point I was trying to make. None of them are 'crap' when they are first launched :)

IF he had made a decent OS that didn't turn non-techies off of using PCs as gaming machines he wouldnt' have needed to do the Xbox !!

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 02:56 PM
very true. but one thing matra. xbox vs ps2, not pc :P

Matra et Alpine
12-27-2004, 02:57 PM
I know, I started the contribution by saying neither - PC :)

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 03:06 PM
So CdocZ have you voted yet:D:D:D :p

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 03:12 PM
no, and i wont. thats not a funny joke, if its even meant to be one.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 04:30 PM
no, and i wont. thats not a funny joke, if its even meant to be one.
Sorry did not mean to cause any offence.

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I think this poll has come to an end
'THE WINNER IS XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!, unless someone else has something to say?

CdocZ
12-27-2004, 05:47 PM
um, it was not offensive, its that its not funny, and you keep saying it like its hilarious

man 430gt
12-27-2004, 05:48 PM
um, it was not offensive, its that its not funny, and you keep saying it like its hilarious
I said I am sorry. :(

ruim20
12-27-2004, 07:14 PM
IMHO i think the X-box is the better console in hardware, but the playstation as better games... i'll keep my PC LOL

Blue Supra
12-27-2004, 07:33 PM
PS2 cops my vote. the XBOX controller is just TOO big, and gamecube.... my little bro has one... dont get me started on how crap it is:rolleyes:

spi-ti-tout
12-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Welcome back Blue :)

man 430gt
12-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Poll Is Reopened:D:D:D:D