PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming

SIMPLETON
12-30-2004, 03:47 PM
What is going on with the weather here? Usually its under 35 degrees F. Just last week it was 25, today it was 70 most of the day. If this heat carries over into the summer it will be 140 :eek: :eek:

man 430gt
12-30-2004, 03:52 PM
What is going on with the weather here? Usually its under 35 degrees F. Just last week it was 25, today it was 70 most of the day. If this heat carries over into the summer it will be 140 :eek: :eek:
Damit, I knew i should of fixed the A.C when i got the chance:D You guys becareful, we don't want a repeat of what happened in France:(

Wolf03
12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Tomorrow it's going to be 12 degrees here in Toronto....in the middle of winter...all of the snow is slowly melting. :(

spi-ti-tout
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Listen, I think SIMPLETON's got a real point. Over here in U.A.E., being a desert country, the weather was always harsh with heat and we hardly used to get any rain. At the most, 3inches of rain per year. Lately, we've had (unexpected)showers, then we've had (also unexpected) cold and now we've even had snow!!! :eek:

What the hell is happening here on earth? Has the time to ban cars because of C02 finally come?

SIMPLETON
12-30-2004, 04:05 PM
If I remember correctly it was only 80-90 in France. An average summer here is 70-105. Its just a matter of tolerance and how much heat your used to. So we would be perfectly fine, up to a point. :(

Rockefella
12-30-2004, 04:13 PM
I think the weather is just being wacky lately, it should get back to normal by new years i s'pose.

spi-ti-tout
12-30-2004, 04:17 PM
I think the weather is just being wacky lately, it should get back to normal by new years i s'pose.
or even wackier...

NoOne
12-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Tomorrow it's going to be 12 degrees here in Toronto....in the middle of winter...all of the snow is slowly melting. :(
I heard +8 with rain for us in Hamilton ... but I'll take it a little warmer :D , the snow can't be gone quick enough for me. :)

my porsche
12-30-2004, 04:26 PM

you realise it wontmelt until its 33, right? haha

here it snowed 3 days ago, now it's in the 70's!!!

PsychoChimp22
12-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Yup, i know exactly what your talking about. Seattle is known for its cold rainy weather, but the last summer and teh summer before that were astounding...... two summers ago it was in teh 90s for about 3 weeks (no rain for three weeks!!!) peaking at 98F.

Just to make something clear.... I read an artical on fark last week (i think) saying that a growing number of scientests think that instead of the reason big cars and polution, although it might be a part of it, the reason might actualy be because.... the sun is getting hotter. . .

damn hippies... tryin to make up stories to save "save the dolphins"!!??

F*****G HATE HIPPIES

d-quik
12-30-2004, 04:44 PM
you realise it wontmelt until its 33, right? hahaYou do realize the States is the only country that uses farenheit still right?

HAHA

lithuanianmafia
12-30-2004, 04:47 PM
You do realize the States is the only country that uses farenheit still right?

HAHA
owned like a mofo on a tricycle ;)

PsychoChimp22
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
owned like a mofo on a tricycle ;)

ROFL - good one

Sweeney921
12-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Damit, I knew i should of fixed the A.C when i got the chance:D You guys becareful, we don't want a repeat of what happened in France:(
haha, i was in france during that. it wasn't that bad if u were there for only a few days

Wolf03
12-30-2004, 04:59 PM

HAHA

Thank you...I was about to say the same thing but was a little bit late. :)

NoOne, I don't actually live in Toronto....more like Mississauga but because our fellow illiterate American friends don't know Canada pretty well...I said Toronto because I think most know that city and plus...most of the weather on the channels is for Toronto. Also, usually in downtown Toronto is MUCh warmer than the suburbs. So that 12 degrees is probably an average for the whole Horseshoe Area.

my porsche, water starts to melt/freeze at 0...I'm not stupid and I also use the same system as 90 percent of Earth uses...Celsius. And even if I didn't mention that...I would have thought people would be smart enough that they would realize that I was talking about Celsius. :p

PsychoChimp22
12-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Literaly its more like 99%.
lol

Rockefella
12-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Thank you...I was about to say the same thing but was a little bit late. :)

NoOne, I don't actually live in Toronto....more like Mississauga but because our fellow illiterate American friends don't know Canada pretty well...
Lmao, call me illiterate again and I'll personally challenge you to an IQ test online or something. I can guarantee my reading/writing levels are of a higher calibre than yours, pal.

Wolf03
12-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Lmao, call me illiterate again and I'll personally challenge you to an IQ test online or something. I can guarantee my reading/writing levels are of a higher calibre than yours, pal.

I wouldn't be talking like that about a person who you have no idea about him/her. I don't like when people say "oh, I are smarter than you am or You am more stupid than I are." when you don't even know that person. I was merely making a joke but it seems Americans can't even take a joke. :p I didn't even incline it towards you personally and it's just a stereotype. ;)

--------------------

This global warming can be blamed on a couple hundred people....those than own high-consuming Ferraris and Lamborghinis. :D Let's vandalise their private mansion and write grafitti....."Down with pollution, buy environmentally-safe cars." :D

spi-ti-tout
12-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Since this has never happened before over here, most people don't have resistance to this cold. They have resistamce to heat. I'm only one of the lucky few who enjoy the cold :)

Rockefella
12-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't be talking like that about a person who you have no idea about him/her. I don't like when people say "oh, I are smarter than you am or You am more stupid than I are." when you don't even know that person. I was merely making a joke but it seems Americans can't even take a joke. :p I didn't even incline it towards you personally and it's just a stereotype. ;)

I understand, I was merely joking too, but the 'Americans are all stupid and have no common sense stereotype gets kind of old and is annoying, especially hearing it everyday over here, mainly from the British members. If you knew me in person, I hardly ever put anyone down, and can take a joke better than the rest of em'. No hard feelings? :)

PsychoChimp22
12-30-2004, 10:07 PM
I understand, I was merely joking too, but the 'Americans are all stupid and have no common sense stereotype gets kind of old and is annoying, especially hearing it everyday over here, mainly from the British members. If you knew me in person, I hardly ever put anyone down, and can take a joke better than the rest of em'. No hard feelings? :)

I completely agree, its gotten really old..... on top of that, ill tell you guys now, not all american are stupid uneducated rednecks out back workin the slaves....

Wolf03
12-30-2004, 10:24 PM

No problemo...I'll just have to be more careful at what I say.

Anyways, this site is very useful for global warming info: http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/content/index.html
Compared to what people have been saying here...this may be a real issue...compairing to the effect described on this site:

"Rising global temperatures are expected to raise sea level, and change precipitation and other local climate conditions. Changing regional climate could alter forests, crop yields, and water supplies. It could also affect human health, animals, and many types of ecosystems. Deserts may expand into existing rangelands, and features of some of our National Parks may be permanently altered.

Most of the United States is expected to warm, although sulfates may limit warming in some areas. Scientists currently are unable to determine which parts of the United States will become wetter or drier, but there is likely to be an overall trend toward increased precipitation and evaporation, more intense rainstorms, and drier soils.

Unfortunately, many of the potentially most important impacts depend upon whether rainfall increases or decreases, which can not be reliably projected for specific areas."

I hate to bring it back...but most of the fault must be blamed on North America. I mean...most people here have at least 2 cars...and there are so many useless SUVs. I may understand why someone may need an SUV in British Columbia but an SUV won't help you climb the skycrapers in downtown Toronto. Also, SUVs are sooo rare in Europe (Romania at least)...people get more excited when they see one than when they see a Ferrari...I actually think Ferraris are non-existant in Romania. My point is that we need more hybrid cars (is it so hard just to replace an engine...without making a whole car that's ugly...*cough*Prius*cough*) or we should get more small cars like smart. I'm actually impressed that the smart just came into market in Canada and I already saw a couple on the roads. I thought people would be afraid to drive model cars. :p
Anyways, I hate the idea that almost every car company has an SUV model and I do like the idea of Lamborghini testing a diesel engine for Gallardo. (long story on another thread)

:Exige:
12-31-2004, 07:09 AM
No problemo...I'll just have to be more careful at what I say.

Anyways, this site is very useful for global warming info: http://yosemite.epa.gov/oar/globalwarming.nsf/content/index.html
Compared to what people have been saying here...this may be a real issue...compairing to the effect described on this site:

"Rising global temperatures are expected to raise sea level, and change precipitation and other local climate conditions. Changing regional climate could alter forests, crop yields, and water supplies. It could also affect human health, animals, and many types of ecosystems. Deserts may expand into existing rangelands, and features of some of our National Parks may be permanently altered.

Most of the United States is expected to warm, although sulfates may limit warming in some areas. Scientists currently are unable to determine which parts of the United States will become wetter or drier, but there is likely to be an overall trend toward increased precipitation and evaporation, more intense rainstorms, and drier soils.

Unfortunately, many of the potentially most important impacts depend upon whether rainfall increases or decreases, which can not be reliably projected for specific areas."

I hate to bring it back...but most of the fault must be blamed on North America. I mean...most people here have at least 2 cars...and there are so many useless SUVs. I may understand why someone may need an SUV in British Columbia but an SUV won't help you climb the skycrapers in downtown Toronto. Also, SUVs are sooo rare in Europe (Romania at least)...people get more excited when they see one than when they see a Ferrari...I actually think Ferraris are non-existant in Romania. My point is that we need more hybrid cars (is it so hard just to replace an engine...without making a whole car that's ugly...*cough*Prius*cough*) or we should get more small cars like smart. I'm actually impressed that the smart just came into market in Canada and I already saw a couple on the roads. I thought people would be afraid to drive model cars. :p
Anyways, I hate the idea that almost every car company has an SUV model and I do like the idea of Lamborghini testing a diesel engine for Gallardo. (long story on another thread)
Obviously havent heard about the actual emmision ratings of the Prius then (pretty bad). If you want an environmentally friendly car then the flintstones have the right idea :) Hybrids are seriously overrated and manufacturers should really be considering Fuel Cells with a dynamo or something.

UCR
12-31-2004, 07:50 AM
And its all because of America.

Wolf03
12-31-2004, 08:14 AM

LMAO!!!! I didn't want to say that because i thought I may upset Americans again, so I just said North America. :D

---------------
But at least manufacturers are heading in the right way. I wonder what happened to Benz's Fuel Cell Project. :confused:

Matt
12-31-2004, 09:08 AM
I think the fact that 4 major hurricanes hit the east coast in about a month and then the fact that there was a tornado in LA the other day along with 2 feet of snow in Califronia at relatively low altitudes really lends itself to the theory that our weather patterns are changing and changing fast.

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 09:15 AM
My point is that we need more hybrid cars (is it so hard just to replace an engine...without making a whole car that's ugly...*cough*Prius*cough*)
Didn't you hear about the hybrid Civic?

http://www.esquirehonda.com/civichybrid.html

Personally, I prefer this to the Prius.

henk4
12-31-2004, 09:18 AM
to the theory that our weather patterns are changing and changing fast.

as has been the case in the past. :)

Matt
12-31-2004, 09:19 AM
Explain.

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 09:21 AM
as has been the case in the past. :)
Atleast in the past it was slower

henk4
12-31-2004, 09:21 AM
Atleast in the past it was slower

where you there to witness that? :)

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 03:36 PM
where you there to witness that? :)
Eror speling is not alowed :)

my porsche
12-31-2004, 03:40 PM

HAHA

you do realise that you live here also right?

shr0olvl
12-31-2004, 03:46 PM
you do realise that you live here also right?

your point :confused:

QuattroMan
12-31-2004, 04:45 PM

I was waiting for this on....blame every thing on us, oh yes I love it :D

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Give him more moRE MORE!!!! :)

QuattroMan
12-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Give him more moRE MORE!!!! :)

i'm just warming up.... :D :) get it!!! WARMING UP LOL!!!

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 05:05 PM
i'm just warming up.... :D :) get it!!! WARMING UP LOL!!!
here: (im just warming up too ;) )

ALL AMERICANS DID THIS!!! TODAY THE WORLD IS BEING DESTROYED BECAUSE OF THEM!!! LETS BURN DOWN AMERICA!!!! :D

)tell me if you want more(

QuattroMan
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM

ALL AMERICANS DID THIS!!! TODAY THE WORLD IS BEING DESTROYED BECAUSE OF THEM!!! LETS BURN DOWN AMERICA!!!! :D

you got to do better then that COME ON!!!! :)

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 05:35 PM
you got to do better then that COME ON!!!! :)
I'm trying I'm trying....

WE SHOULD GO AND RAID AMERICANS HOUSES' FOR BUILDING SUCH USELESS PATHETIC CARS!!! EVEN AMERICANS THEMSELVES DON'T LIKE THEIR OWN CARS!!! GOD DESTROY ALLLLLL AMERICANS AND ALLLL AMERICAN CARS AND ALLLL AMERICANS WHO LOVE AMERICAN CARS!!!!! YAAAAAYY!!!!

QuattroMan
12-31-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm trying I'm trying....

WE SHOULD GO AND RAID AMERICANS HOUSES' FOR BUILDING SUCH USELESS PATHETIC CARS!!! EVEN AMERICANS THEMSELVES DON'T LIKE THEIR OWN CARS!!! GOD DESTROY ALLLLLL AMERICANS AND ALLLL AMERICAN CARS AND ALLLL AMERICANS WHO LOVE AMERICAN CARS!!!!! YAAAAAYY!!!!

hey when you get ill help you to do it!!! :D except Corvette's.I know you don't have cold heart bro your not the type I can tell :)

Esperante
12-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Jesus, you all act like Panoz never existed..:rolleyes:

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 07:24 PM
hey when you get ill help you to do it!!! :D except Corvette's.I know you don't have cold heart bro your not the type I can tell :)
Ha ok i'l pretend to be warm hearted only this once ;)

Nah nah I can do it fine just can't do it properly without those stars ;)

spi-ti-tout
12-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Jesus, you all act like Panoz never existed..:rolleyes:
It didn't...? Yeah I thought so... :rolleyes:

shr0olvl
12-31-2004, 09:55 PM

dude,

your an idiot

kill yourself :)

spi-ti-tout
01-01-2005, 01:16 PM
dude,

your an idiot

kill yourself :)
Hey that's not fair it was a favor for QUATTRO :)

I have to respect an elders wishes :)

my porsche
01-01-2005, 04:46 PM

good point, we are the scape goat, do you think OUR (U.S.'s) SUV exhaust caused the tsunami? didnt think so

mother nature will do what she wants to do, she feels a little chilly, she'll crank the heater

Coventrysucks
01-01-2005, 05:15 PM
good point, we are the scape goat, do you think OUR (U.S.'s) SUV exhaust caused the tsunami? didnt think so

mother nature will do what she wants to do, she feels a little chilly, she'll crank the heater

I don't think it is "mother nature" releasing huge ammounts of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, previously trapped harmlessly, hundreds of meters below the surface of the Earth.

According to the WWF (not the wrestlers, for the Americans amongst you) in 2004, "The impact of an average North American is double that of a European, but seven times that of the average Asian or African."

my porsche
01-01-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't think it is "mother nature" releasing huge ammounts of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses, previously trapped harmlessly, hundreds of meters below the surface of the Earth.

According to the WWF (not the wrestlers, for the Americans amongst you) in 2004, "The impact of an average North American is double that of a European, but seven times that of the average Asian or African."

what im saying is, natural disastors caused by mother nature are much more harmful than our suv outputs, you know how much carbon dioxide is realeased when a mountain like mount st helens erupts? a bunch, you know how many years it would take to accumulate that ammount with the current amount of suv's? a bunch.

my point is that we should stop worrying so much about "oh lets get rid of all s.u.v's ever made", because mamma nature has got some pretty mean stuff up her sleaves anyway

Egg Nog
01-01-2005, 07:20 PM
what im saying is, natural disastors caused by mother nature are much more harmful than our suv outputs, you know how much carbon dioxide is realeased when a mountain like mount st helens erupts? a bunch, you know how many years it would take to accumulate that ammount with the current amount of suv's? a bunch.

my point is that we should stop worrying so much about "oh lets get rid of all s.u.v's ever made", because mamma nature has got some pretty mean stuff up her sleaves anyway

The difference is that humans as a whole (I'm not going to single anything out) have upset the fragile natural balance. Volcanoes have been occurring for millions and millions of years (as well as forest fires, etc), and that never stopped evolution from progressing.

It's pretty stupid if someone thinks they can blame all of human-caused environmental degridation on a single thing (like SUVs). It's also very stupid, from an opposite perspective, when people constantly deny that any such problems could possibly be occurring.

The biggest difference between disasters caused by humanity and disasters that occur in nature is that we have control over what we do.

spi-ti-tout
01-01-2005, 07:23 PM
According to scientists they have finally confessed that this earthquake was not because of the Greenhouse effect or Pollution, or anything else to do with the Ozone Layer for that matter.... :rolleyes:

my porsche
01-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Because Earthquakes Arent Caused By Gasses!!!!!! :D

Coventrysucks
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
what im saying is, natural disastors caused by mother nature are much more harmful than our suv outputs

This argument really gets on my tits.

Yes, you cannot control "natural disasters" but will it be a natural or manmade disaster if the polar ice caps melt, and those 5 million people made homeless by rising sea levels are joined by hundereds of millions more around the globe?

Thinking that pollution will just "go away" or "it isn't my problem" is incredibly naieve. I am not some tree-hugging hippie ecologist who wants to ban cars, but I do think that most people severly underestimate the level of damage being done by humans to this planet.

I don't want to have to be commuting by canoe in 50 years time.

my porsche
01-01-2005, 07:47 PM
This argument really gets on my tits.

Yes, you cannot control "natural disasters" but will it be a natural or manmade disaster if the polar ice caps melt, and those 5 million people made homeless by rising sea levels are joined by hundereds of millions more around the globe?

Thinking that pollution will just "go away" or "it isn't my problem" is incredibly naieve. I am not some tree-hugging hippie ecologist who wants to ban cars, but I do think that most people severly underestimate the level of damage being done by humans to this planet.

I don't want to have to be commuting by canoe in 50 years time.

that actually sounds fun......if you live in venice. :p

Coventrysucks
01-01-2005, 07:51 PM
that actually sounds fun......if you live in venice. :p

You'll be needing a full-on submarine for Venice...

my porsche
01-01-2005, 08:13 PM
You'll be needing a full-on submarine for Venice...

i thought they had those little boats!

Egg Nog
01-01-2005, 08:15 PM
As soon as you get serious with an argument, my_porsche always seems to try to divert attention away with childish posts. Or at least so it seems.

my porsche
01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
As soon as you get serious with an argument, my_porsche always seems to try to divert attention away with childish posts. Or at least so it seems.

sorry, im easily distracted :p

ok back on topic

the fact that people are saying the entire world's oil/petroleum supply will run out in 50 years is absurd, theres just soo much oil and we only use a fraction of it a year, plus its a renewable source, not as fast as other sources, but it keeps producing oil, so technically its renewable

i think its just alot of media hype generated to get people to stop driving S.U.V's and buy prius'

what i love is Al Gore Going to give an anti-suv speech in an escalade...

and john kerry condeming suv owners, then when called on the fact that he owned one, he said that "my family owns it...not me!"

Rockefella
01-01-2005, 10:14 PM

ok back on topic

the fact that people are saying the entire world's oil/petroleum supply will run out in 50 years is absurd, theres just soo much oil and we only use a fraction of it a year, plus its a renewable source, not as fast as other sources, but it keeps producing oil, so technically its renewable

i think its just alot of media hype generated to get people to stop driving S.U.V's and buy prius'

and john kerry condeming suv owners, then when called on the fact that he owned one, he said that "my family owns it...not me!"
I like how the two examples you used about SUV's were about democrats.

Egg Nog
01-02-2005, 12:21 AM

ok back on topic

Except now you're arguing something completely different. How much oil is left really has nothing to do with the amount of contamination humans are putting into the environment. That is only important from an economic perspective.

Thanks for finding a twisted and unrelated way to blame it on the "left wing" (in quotes because Kerry and Gore aren't really left wing) ;)

Coventrysucks
01-02-2005, 09:03 AM

If there was so much fossil fuels, why are ExxonMobil, BP and Shell all desperately trying to branch out into other areas of energy production?

Because conservative estimates by experts say that at current rates there is 50 years worth of useful fossil fuels left. There maybe more than that, but it would cost you more to find it/ dig it up than you'd get from selling it.

And this is before everyone in two of the most densely populated areas of the Earth - India and China - all decide that they want to be using as much fossil fuels as the Western world

As for fossil fuels being "renewable", yes they are, if you can be bothered to wait a few million years.

These issues really need to be looked at seriously. At the moment everyone seems to dismiss it as something to ridicule.

"Look at those crazy scientists - there all wrong, the government says so"
Would that be the government of George Bush?
Who had his own oil company?
And recieves huge support from American oil companies?

If the people of Europe and North America actually bothered to make a few small changes to the way they live - using more public transport, more nuclear/ renewable power stations as opposed to coal, oil and gas, more efficient lifestyles we probably wouldn't have to worry about it.

my porsche
01-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Except now you're arguing something completely different. How much oil is left really has nothing to do with the amount of contamination humans are putting into the environment. That is only important from an economic perspective.

Thanks for finding a twisted and unrelated way to blame it on the "left wing" (in quotes because Kerry and Gore aren't really left wing) ;)

i never mentioned left wing, but thanks for assuming, i just mentioned to examples of hipocritical politicians, find a hipocritical republican on that subject, of the same popularity level, and ill talk about him

and i was going with what coventry said, he said he doesnt want to be commuting in a boat in 50 years when theres no gas left

Coventrysucks
01-02-2005, 09:14 AM
and i was going with what coventry said, he said he doesnt want to be commuting in a boat in 50 years when theres no gas left

I'll need a conoe for the 6m of water that has "magically" appeared.

Using a conoe would be a bit stupid just because there isn't any fuel. I'll just paddle up the hill eh?

Egg Nog
01-02-2005, 06:36 PM
i never mentioned left wing, but thanks for assuming, i just mentioned to examples of hipocritical politicians, find a hipocritical republican on that subject, of the same popularity level, and ill talk about him

I've heard Canadian and American conservatives try to use the Amazon rainforest's C02 output to try to make humans look diminutive in comparison. Obviously they didn't pay much attention in grade 6 science class. But trying to lash out at any single politicians to blame them is completely stupid. It's like trying to blame only CEOs for bad overseas labour practices. I'm only angry when people deny that there's a problem, and want to continue about our regular ways without chage. That's pretty much the definition of Conservatism.

Anyway, I don't want to spend years typing any more quotes from hypocritical left or right-wingers, because this isn't what the thread is about. The sustainability of oil and natural gas don't have anything to do with the environment or global warming.

You've still failed to refute anything about pollution, because you'd rather change the topic. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away. I know you don't really care or think that there's a problem, but you could at the very least acknowledge the issues at hand. Many conservatives don't een get that far.

P.S. In case it matters to you, I personally find that Al Gore and John Kerry don't seem to be very intelligent politicians either. They oftentimes have seemed to have as much trouble directly addressing concerns as many members of their opposition. I don't share many social or political ideals with either of them. They were both stuck in the middle trying to figure out how to win votes, with very little real commitment to change. this also goes for Paul Martin, Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the Canadian "Liberal Party". Now, I'd like to get back on topic above all other things.

my porsche
01-02-2005, 09:43 PM
You've still failed to refute anything about pollution, because you'd rather change the topic. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away. I know you don't really care or think that there's a problem, but you could at the very least acknowledge the issues at hand. Many conservatives don't een get that far.

P.S. In case it matters to you, I personally find that Al Gore and John Kerry don't seem to be very intelligent politicians either. They oftentimes have seemed to have as much trouble directly addressing concerns as many members of their opposition. I don't share many social or political ideals with either of them. They were both stuck in the middle trying to figure out how to win votes, with very little real commitment to change. this also goes for Paul Martin, Prime Minister of Canada and leader of the Canadian "Liberal Party". Now, I'd like to get back on topic above all other things.

your right, there IS a problem with pollution, but i think its been a little exagerated by the press, i acknowledged the problem, if you ignore it, it wont go away, correct, but what can I personally do? not much, so i choose to let people go about their lives, rather than harrass them for having 4 kids and needing an s.u.v, or having one just "cause!" i dont care if other people have one

i'll contribute to the cause, because i dont want an S.U.V, ill choose something with twice the gas mileage and half the exhaust, plus something that handles a little better than a brick on a rope

yes! it does mean something to me that you admit that about those two! :D granted, Bush isnt the world's smartest man, but hes made some good decisions, and also some not as good decisions. the only reason i like al gore is because he was hilarious on saturday night live! :p

id be fine if the put lieberman in the cabinet, hes one of the democrats i like, along with zell miller

Matt
01-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Climate change as we speak.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20050103/ap_on_re_us/california_storm