PDA

View Full Version : Should the 427 be allowed to compete in Nations Cup in 2004?

fpv_gtho
12-20-2003, 04:45 AM
This has caused quite a stir in Australia. In 2002, 1 prototype, Holden Monaro was entered into the Nations Cup series, fitted with a C5-R 427 engine, Holinger sequential gearbox, race derived 5 link live axle rear suspension with double wishbone front suspension over the production cars semi trailing rear end and macpherson strut front. In 2002, nobody thought anything about the cars entry, as Holden were working on producing 50 road going variants. that year it went on to completely dominate the inaugural Bathurst 24hr race in November, held a month after the traditional 1000km race. this year, the production deal fell through despite not 1 prototype still being entered, but 2, which again went on to dominate the Bathurst 24hr race and took 1st and 2nd. Next year, alot of people are going to be outraged if the car is once again allowed to enter as a prototype, being a production category.

PS, for those who know nothing about Nations Cup or Australian motorsport for that matter, Nations Cup rules are very similar to those of FIA, and in the Bathurst 24hr race, international cars complying to FIA rules are valid entries

Falcon500
12-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Well it wold seem that the ownership of the monaros are shifting brock has bought the red one and probly intnds to keep up its raceing where the yellow one seems to be moving to europe being bought by one paul stodart (owner of the minardi f1 team) who wants to campagin the car. It would also seem there was one more bady that will be finished by mr brock (more then likely nathan prettys new car) and it would seem those who have the $$$ can buy a raceing spec car from Garry rodgers still. non road going of course.

Many people are curious about the cars lack of rules as there are no log books or lists avalible from procar on its alloud specs even hp is nott set! and many people are really kicking up a stnk about the car.

fpv_gtho
12-21-2003, 06:54 PM
heres a couple of them......

The Chute Boxer
12-22-2003, 04:33 AM
No way, man. its so far from production values, they might as well let some LMPs compete in the bathurst 24 hours.
BTW i seen the Bathurst 24 hours and by far it was a fair race. GT class cars up against a prototype if anything should be classed as a GTS car.

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 04:37 AM
whats an LMP??

Falcon500
12-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Im guessing a le Mans prototype then of course im not too goodwith myeuros...

fpv_gtho
12-22-2003, 07:22 AM
well it fits, i dont know anythign about the formula of LeMans either, i have enough trouble keeping up with Nations Cup

Falcon500
12-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Well Garry Rodgers is really starting to piss me off with his attitude He all but said that the mosler drivers sucked. Apprently Mr Short (the onwer of the mosler im using the mr in this case because im not too sure what his first name is paul i think) Was using drivers who volenteered for the race. These are the same drivers who took it too 2nd place last year against some vetrens of the track itself. Im sure gladthe man wont have anything to do with the cars anymore.

fpv_gtho
12-29-2003, 07:57 PM
well being in the position he is with V8 Supercars and Nations Cup and on the TEGA board, he may feel theres no one there prepared to speak up about what he says regarding others, but if thats what he said about the drivers that came second last year, thats just plain stupid. how many people but in other teams would be talking behind his back, saying comments like "you wouldnt be winning if it wasnt for a play on the rules" and stuff like that

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 02:10 AM
Well the chances are very good hes always been like that just we not being in the know have only really noticed because the limelights on him now. And like hes really anybody to pass any big judgments as a driver when he was a bit of a lemon at it himself (he wasnt too bad but he was better at peicing cars together then driving)

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 02:15 AM
well the only thing decent ive heard come out of his mouth all year was his protests against the shootout at pukekohe where tander was some 3 and a half seconds off pace due to weather

Falcon500
01-01-2004, 04:02 AM
yeah but notice how it was only him suffering and he didnt care about anyone elses plight? theres a real me me me complex about him.

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 04:06 AM
yeah true, but he did get the worst end of the stick, i think everyone else was only a mere 1 second off pace

SHAKER
01-01-2004, 04:52 AM
This has caused quite a stir in Australia. In 2002, 1 prototype, Holden Monaro was entered into the Nations Cup series, fitted with a C5-R 427 engine, Holinger sequential gearbox, race derived 5 link live axle rear suspension with double wishbone front suspension over the production cars semi trailing rear end and macpherson strut front. In 2002, nobody thought anything about the cars entry, as Holden were working on producing 50 road going variants. that year it went on to completely dominate the inaugural Bathurst 24hr race in November, held a month after the traditional 1000km race. this year, the production deal fell through despite not 1 prototype still being entered, but 2, which again went on to dominate the Bathurst 24hr race and took 1st and 2nd. Next year, alot of people are going to be outraged if the car is once again allowed to enter as a prototype, being a production category.

PS, for those who know nothing about Nations Cup or Australian motorsport for that matter, Nations Cup rules are very similar to those of FIA, and in the Bathurst 24hr race, international cars complying to FIA rules are valid entries
looks like holden will do anything to get the limelight back on them

fpv_gtho
01-01-2004, 06:07 PM
so it seems......

SHAKER
01-02-2004, 09:00 AM
just goes to show most people are nieve if they buy a monaro cause a "monaro shelled" car won a 24 hour race.

fpv_gtho
01-03-2004, 12:54 AM
well how many people do you think went out to by V8 commodores because only ambrose and greg murphy could stop skaife winning in 2002?

SHAKER
01-04-2004, 03:16 AM
well a lot of young people see the commodores winning in the v8 supercar rounds and are instantly turned into holden fans and they then aspire to own a hsv or a ss commodore...ford made a bad mistake in 82 by dropping the v8 to which didnt win it any younger fans. Holden nearly done the same thing in 87 but "street machine" magazine ran a campaign....it was called v8 till 98 campaign, and they got people all over the country to write in and let holden know..they wanted the v8 to live.If it wasnt for the passionate people at street machine and the holden fans we wouldnt have any new v8s in this country anymore.

fpv_gtho
01-04-2004, 04:24 AM
well we may be able to thank holden for keeping the V8 alive, but you can thank ford for the 6 cylinders in australia getting more and more power, all because they decided in 82 the V8 wasnt getting them much