PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear : Mustang GT 05

Niko_Fx
01-02-2005, 05:35 PM
People at the SVT forum are dying over Richard Hammond's comments.

Enjoy ;)

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/video/Top%20Gear%20-%20Ford%20Mustang%20GT%202005.avi

r1ckst4
01-02-2005, 05:40 PM
oh... thanks NIKO, i tried to download this from racing flix but it didnt work.
do u have links other TG videos? like the Aero 8? or the 612 vs Plane?

can't wait to see this... it will take a while...56k.

SPHFerrari
01-02-2005, 05:55 PM
well, i odnt think they gave it the best review, but it did make cool on the cool wall. i really dont know, i mean from the way it sounds the rear axle settup isnt the best.

r1ckst4
01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Just finished watching the video...

Not a great looking car i must say and the rear suspension is just bad. I think Richard got up on the wrong side of the bed on the day he did that review on the mustang... i dont think i heard any good comment besides how good it looked next to the old renault and how it accelerates.

But I find the idea of having a cord in the boot of the car quite funny... now how come no one ever come up with that before? :D

About the interior... how come american cars have such poor taste? I saw the corvette c6's interior and that was bad... and they didnt even show this car's interior... i guess there was nothing to show.

Overall though.... i'd take the Ford FPV GT-P (which only available downunder i think...)

werty
01-02-2005, 09:06 PM
About the interior... how come american cars have such poor taste?

It's all about the retro ;)

Besides, the car is ment for straight line speed, not european luxury :rolleyes:

fpv_gtho
01-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Yes but you still gotta be inside the car for that. Hardly an excuse.

A good interior doesnt have to be luxurious either, it might be ergonomic, be in the right colours, have the right functions, simply be comfortable

r1ckst4
01-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Yes but you still gotta be inside the car for that. Hardly an excuse.

A good interior doesnt have to be luxurious either, it might be ergonomic, be in the right colours, have the right functions, simply be comfortable
True, but since they didnt show the car's interior... it must not have been specialthen, and doesnt the word Mustang represent a true american muscle car and a special one? and this car was no special car... i guess what richard said was right. The emblem of a Mustang is nothing more than just an emblem... pretty sad really. Oh one more thing, how come there was no track run by the stig???

Spastik_Roach
01-03-2005, 02:53 AM
They showed interior a fair bit, at the start..

300hp is simply not enough power for this car. I'd be wanting alot more power. I'd probably put a 5.4l Boss Engine outta a Falcon in it :D

henk4
01-03-2005, 03:10 AM
They did show the most innovating aspect of the interior. The option to change the dial lights into 125 different colours. That's real progress. Time the US$ rate goes up again, we don't want to be able to afford them. 25-30 grand (in UKpounds) is very cheap, they showed the 300C last night which costs 28 grand in the UK.

6'bore
01-03-2005, 04:55 AM
oh... thanks NIKO, i tried to download this from racing flix but it didnt work.
do u have links other TG videos? like the Aero 8? or the 612 vs Plane?

can't wait to see this... it will take a while...56k.

http://topgear.breedbandportal.kpn.com/Library.aspx#

P.S don't know if it works with dial up?

fpv_gtho
01-03-2005, 05:03 AM
They showed interior a fair bit, at the start..

300hp is simply not enough power for this car. I'd be wanting alot more power. I'd probably put a 5.4l Boss Engine outta a Falcon in it :D

The Mustang doesnt need the longer stroke of the 5.4 as much as the Falcon does so you may as well just stick with the 4.6 and play around with a DOHC one of them

UCR
01-03-2005, 05:27 AM
I wonder why they dicided not to put it on the track :D

henk4
01-03-2005, 06:44 AM
I wonder why they dicided not to put it on the track :D

instinctive survival urge :D

UCR
01-03-2005, 06:48 AM
instinctive survival urge :D
Talking about Jeremys Gt chance? :D

henk4