PDA

View Full Version : Proposal - the extended competition.

Blitz_
01-03-2005, 07:07 AM
For several competitions now i have seen my self to advance in my own skills as well as observe the growing skills of others. Theses skills come with a need for greater need for perfection and detail. Just recently i have gbeen working on the subaru competition and in no way am i prepared to submit on time. Due to other commitments and arrangments i have not been able to complete it. Furthermore i find myself thinking of more to do and new ideas to implement - this takes time, a helluva long time than my standard carbon fibre, lowered trick i was used to.

So what i am proposing is an extended competition, totally seperate from the mainstream competion. This comp wil be over a londer period of time, say one month, yes one month, even two. The aim is to let the more patient choppers to take more time and to fully exploit thier skills to others and to compete with others. More time means that there can be closer attention to detail, greater use of ideas and hopefully greater originality and growth in skills.

Ill leave it up to all of you to vote on this, its ambitious but will be a further deelopment of this thread and hopefully something that can be taken upon by every1. :D

UCR
01-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Good idea, however with the crisis we have at the moment i think we should let that be sorted and then bring this topic up again.
My only problem about this idea is that i dont think enough people will compete, if we could get this idea around to some of our advanced choppers like: Ruig, NOM15, painterr, IAC, 85rx7, illusionist, esperante, whiteballz, ZORRO etc, this could work.

But for one i spend no longer than a day on a chop.

Blitz_
01-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Ruig, NOM15, and IAC are very, very advanced choppers with involvment over several websites, lol im not sure if they wood want to enter

Rockefella
01-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Good idea, however with the crisis we have at the moment i think we should let that be sorted and then bring this topic up again.
My only problem about this idea is that i dont think enough people will compete, if we could get this idea around to some of our advanced choppers like: Ruig, NOM15, painterr, IAC, 85rx7, illusionist, esperante, whiteballz, ZORRO etc, this could work.

But for one i spend no longer than a day on a chop.
Yeah.. when I do a chop, it's usually half-assed and takes me no longer than 3 hrs. I don't have enough patience to wait a month for the chops. I guess it's worth a try though.

Esperante
01-03-2005, 07:51 AM
I usually find time to do chops in abot 3 hours, although I'd be very much willing to compete in an extended comp. I think it's a great idea. :)

6'bore
01-03-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm in on this idea. As i myself need to improve it seems like a very good idea

Spastik_Roach
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm all for it.... but lets sort out our wee problem with the normal comps first :)

stratos
01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
if we could get this idea around to some of our advanced choppers like: Ruig, NOM15, painterr, IAC, 85rx7, illusionist, esperante, whiteballz, ZORRO etc, this could work.

if forgot to put my name there :D

but returning to the trhead point .. i love the idea and i would like to participate in that type of comp :)

UCR
01-03-2005, 01:22 PM
if forgot to put my name there :D

but returning to the trhead point .. i love the idea and i would like to participate in that type of comp :)
i put etc :D

stratos
01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
i put etc :D

i think etc is not my name :rolleyes: :D

85RX7
01-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I would enter this comp, i would also like to be able to enter the weekly one, but having more then 1 competion can also result in a 2nd grade chop because people are juggleing 2 competitions at the same time.

I would enter tho, so far a few of my chops have taken me over 40 hours, and some over even50! So it would be great to be given the opertunity to take even further time to go into even further detail.

I agree with the others when saying that this isn't the correct time to by making another comp when we still have unresolved issues.

Z0RR0
01-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I dunno ... I never spend more than a couple hours on a chop per se. I spend more time trying to find a "theme", though.
But I have to admit the wait would be long for the early submitters. I already hate waiting until monday when I submit the thursday before ... I can't imagine waiting 2 weeks!!!
I would give it a shot though, but we have to have high resolution and all, to use all the details possible.
The wait may be a pain, but I would be in.

Where would we hold this comp? Here seems to be problematic ... boooooh ucp!

PS : wooohoooo I'm in the advanced choppers list!!! :D

6'bore
01-03-2005, 03:00 PM
I think its a great idea. Thats because im a retarded chopper? :D

G_13191
01-02-2006, 06:51 AM
nice idea... it will be like ''chop of the month''

great.

but count me out. i mean, i could not do anything in the normal ones, i surely have no chance in this one. it would be great to see ya'll working hard, and giving ''us'', the not so good ones, a chance to learn....

spi-ti-tout
01-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Thing is, the idea is very, very outdated.

whiteballz
01-02-2006, 02:59 PM
i would be interested in actually haveing such a long time to do a chop, all the ones i post in the UCP comps are under 2 hours worth of work, so having a longer period of time would be great :)

painterr
01-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I think it would be a great idea to have a extended comp. I average at least 20 hours on one chop usually. heck I spend at least 2 hours just on the paint job alone. Since I have gotten into desigining logos, letter heads, bussiness cards and ect... I could use more time in chopping a car.

I hope no one minds me asking what are you meaning when this is not a good time for this? There is somethings that need to be ironed out with the reg comp.??

85RX7
01-02-2006, 10:42 PM
There were unresolved issues such as when u left UCP for ages and when we couldnt post bigger than 800x600 inline ( andprobably also some more things i cant remember). The comps almost died completly... but with the help of afew people we managed to keep them alive and took turns managing the threads and making polls.

But thats almost a year ago now, the comps are healthy once again:)