PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4

cp01ae
01-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Ok, here we go. I've been playing GT4 for a few days now, and I can tell you that it is amazing. I prebooked it and picked it up on the 28th for 6500 yen, about $80 Canadian. Every other place selling it now has wait lists and its going for about 7800 yen, or approx $100 Canadian.

Best racing game I have ever played. The scale of this game is just immense. There is so much to do. The graphics are brilliant, though there is occasionally a minor fuzz that seems to be related to the sound. There are tons of tracks, 2 snow, 5 dirt, a bunch of different cities and real tracks, including Hong Kong, Soeul, the Nurburgring, and the full Circuit de la Sarthe!! Complete with or without chicanes on the straight. Sarthe and the 'Ring are just awesome to drive. There are so many cars in this game, however, many of the ones on varrious internet lists have been left out. The menus are more akin to GT2 than GT3, though everything is laid out in a logical manner. Tons of races as well. Missions, and of course B-Spec. Unfortunately, as I live in Japan, I cant understand the game completely so I cant really comment on B-Spec.

The gameplay is great. A vast improvement on the physics of GT3 and the realism is more evident in the way that the cars handle. The sound track to this game is large. think GT3 times 5, or so. Music from many different genres, and this is just the J version.

All in all, this game is a worthy successor to the serries. If you liked GT3, get this game. If you liked GT2, get this game. If you have a playstation and like cars and racing, get this game. Its awesome.

Well, back to playing before my holidays end on Saturday

UCR
01-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Lamborghini?

Esperante
01-03-2005, 08:29 AM
The only complaint MT had about it was it's dearth of supercars like Lambo and such.

Well, I can cross my fingers for an xBox, and if it doesn't come out like that, I guess I'll wait till PS3 comes out so I can get GT4 and GT5. :D

cp01ae
01-03-2005, 08:53 AM
No lamborghini. yeah its got a few supercars, Pagani, Ford GT, SLR, Cizeta V16, Saleen, Caddy Cien, Spyker, a few more (mabey 6-9 more), i cant remember, but not nerarly enough.

Esperante
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM
But the Cizeta V16 is just a Diablo one-off. ;)

6'bore
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. And esperante, sony is not going to release the game on its biggest rivals console. Role on PS3. When is the release sate of the PS3 anyway?

byronleehk
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
What's a PS3? Are you guys talking about the latest slim version of the PS2? They call them PSTwo or V12 (as in version 12) here in the U.S. but they are NOT selling good...have major laser problems!

Believe it or not people are still looking for the original discountinued PS2s :rolleyes:

6'bore
01-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Actually its called the psx. Its the totally new version of the PS2. Its just a little bit smaller than the xbox

TheOne
01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
the PS3 is the next PS........its a totally new console apart from the ps2/ slim ps2.
the release is said to be somewhere in 2006.
btw the original PS2's & the slim ps2's were sold out at a couple of places this last x-maz,lol.

man 430gt
01-03-2005, 12:09 PM
Project Gotham Racing 2 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much better.

Pimp racer
01-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Go to the link in my sig for more pictures. There is also a thread in the Misc area in this site with over a hundred high res pics. With the fulll Japan car list.

my porsche
01-03-2005, 12:22 PM

so true

ruim20
01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Can you get some pics from the game? when does it arrive to europe? "project gotham racing so much better" ??? LOL :D you guys should try stand up comedy...

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Only becuase it has the supercars. You have got to try GT4, it's far more real than PGR2. It also has Nur and La Sarth (chicaned and un-chicaned). Nur (and maybe La Sarth) have 24 real hour races. Yes, I said REAL, you actually race for 24 hours.

Rockefella
01-03-2005, 12:44 PM
YEAH AND FORZA IS COMING OUT IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SilverG35SportC
01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I got PS2 slim for christmas and i do not notice any laser problems withit. It is about 4 times smaller then normal PS2. When i playeed regular PS2 i was astounded at how large it was. PS2 slim is much smaller then X-box becasue if memory serves PS2 normal is smalller then X-box. Anyways I believe the overall system is the same except it has a built in router and such.

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I've heard that the HDD doesn't work with the new, slim PS2.

Pimp racer
01-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Can you get some pics from the game? when does it arrive to europe? "project gotham racing so much better" ??? LOL :D you guys should try stand up comedy...
I have pics of the game. Go to any of the links in my signature man.

ruim20
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I have pics of the game. Go to any of the links in my signature man.

aaaaaaaahh! Thanks!

Pimp racer
01-03-2005, 02:03 PM
aaaaaaaahh! Thanks!
No problem.

illusionest
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
lol i got the fake version of GT4
but i need a mod chip to get it working
XD i got it in Hong Kong. :p

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=man 430GT] Project Gotham doesnt even compare with GT4 the game is amazing the graphics, realism the cars.... ok they coulda had sum more supercars but geez the rest of the game makes up for it.. its just pur racing in its prime.... project gotham... hahahahahaha play GT4 then talk people

cuntukimushroom
01-04-2005, 10:31 AM
is it out yet in the UK? cos i havnt heard anything about it coming into game shops.

CSL
01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
including Hong Kong, Soeul, the Nurburgring, and the full Circuit de la Sarthe!! Complete with or without chicanes on the straight. Sarthe and the 'Ring are just awesome to drive.

so you are saying the Full lemans is in this game correct? the full 8 miles right?

Mustang
01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
so you are saying the Full lemans is in this game correct? the full 8 miles right?

probably it has the full nurburgring

P.s. who is that in your avatar ? :)

ruim20
01-04-2005, 11:23 AM

yes all 3 minutes of driving madness! LOL

by the way those pics with the taxis... the one with the Celica and another one with the SLR, is that an event or just a promotional picture?

CSL
01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
probably it has the full nurburgring

P.s. who is that in your avatar ? :)

ya i know about the full ring but didnt hear about sarthe till it came out, if it fact it has it for the American version it will be the best game

is there a 24 hour mode

shes some internet chick i found

byronleehk
01-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Last I heard it won't be available in the US till February...can anyone confirm this?

man 430gt
01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
YEAH AND FORZA IS COMING OUT IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
HEY HEY HEY HEY ANOTHER GOOD XBOX GAME!

man 430gt
01-04-2005, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=man 430GT] Project Gotham doesnt even compare with GT4 the game is amazing the graphics, realism the cars.... ok they coulda had sum more supercars but geez the rest of the game makes up for it.. its just pur racing in its prime.... project gotham... hahahahahaha play GT4 then talk people
When did i say that:confused:? Even tough it is true:D

CSL
01-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Last I heard it won't be available in the US till February...can anyone confirm this?

Feb 1

CSL
01-04-2005, 04:03 PM
HEY HEY HEY HEY ANOTHER GOOD XBOX GAME!

the cars look fake, they dont have the realism factor that GT4 does

clutch-monkey
01-04-2005, 05:28 PM
how can gt4 look real its on the PS2 for christsake, can anybody say 'dated'?

j/k :D

Rockefella
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
the cars look fake, they dont have the realism factor that GT4 does
I'd like to see how they both play. Graphics only appeal for the first week. After that, they all look 'da same.

Carmaniac
01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
YEAHH AND i have no xbox :(

on a more serious note the bloody release date of gt4 has been delayed so much... dammit

So true

I want that game so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shr0olvl
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
since we are talking about game consoles, when does the ps3 and xbox 2 come out ? I've heard it's suppose to come out late 2005 but im not sure, anyone know ?

Rockefella
01-05-2005, 01:34 PM
since we are talking about game consoles, when does the ps3 and xbox 2 come out ? I've heard it's suppose to come out late 2005 but im not sure, anyone know ?
No way in hell that's gonna happen. Expect X-mas time 2006.

vantage-v8
01-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Still waiting for more 3 months, they said!!!

NAZCA C2
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Why did they put stupid cars like Diahatsu's in GT4??? They need to have more classic sportscars. Where are all the Maseratis, Jags, Astons and such?? I guess you can't have everything.

Blitz_
01-06-2005, 07:03 PM
true driving simulator, maybe the billionares of the world want to know what it is like to drive a shitheap! :D

illusionest
01-10-2005, 02:21 PM
well i finally got my GT4 to work
even tho its chinese, i can understand it lol
grafix r AWESOME. and the game, excellent, best racing yet.
me post abt the game here. :)

shr0olvl
01-10-2005, 02:28 PM
No way in hell that's gonna happen. Expect X-mas time 2006.

I just read in this magazine that xbox 2 should be coming out in 2005 probably in december or something and that the PS3 and the new nintendo will be coming out somewhere in the mid 2006 :)

illusionest
01-10-2005, 04:09 PM
lol i find this rather funny but heres what i did so far in the game

i went to the 90s car shop and bought a mitsubishi FTO for 8000-ish. since u start off with 10 000, the car is pretty good actually :p
the licenses r fairly easy, but hellz no, for each licenses there r 16 tests!
dont know what this is, but half way ( after the 8th exam) theres sumthing called "break" , its like a mini-game sort of thing, the 1st one is dodging through pylons.... :confused:

edit: won a few comps and still so far away from buying a good car. :o

ruim20
01-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Keep posting your progress and things you find out about the game,

i canīt wait for it! dammit!

illusionest
01-16-2005, 08:21 PM
ok, i added a GT wing to my FTO , :D kool eh, u can add wings to ur car now!
and i got sum modified parts including sum engine part i dont know, and a transmission thing, :S
oh and i bought sum NOS for my FTO! w00t w00t! thats right ! nitros!
u can buy nitros for ONLY $5000 in GT4!
its awesome! u can use it for a fairly long time too! :)
oh and i got my 1st license, still winning the beginners' races lol

:p lets see if i can get a few screenshots

ruim20
01-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Try and post screen shots of you buying parts like the wing and others, i'd like to see it :)

illusionest
01-18-2005, 01:37 PM
hey, i took a mini movie of teh spinning SLR

also becus i wanted to use it as an avatar for my forum :p

here it is!

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/1456/gt4slrspin27ft.gif

:) 911 posts lol

edit: man, i hope i can get sum pics, but theres always a stupid reflection!!!
:mad: :mad:

ruim20
01-19-2005, 10:52 AM
edit: man, i hope i can get sum pics, but theres always a stupid reflection!!!
:mad: :mad:

Don't worry about the reflection, i just want to kill the curiosity bug inside of me :D the game only comes out in february, dammit!

illusionest
01-20-2005, 12:34 AM
oh, :D ok then
i will try to get sum by friday

btw, licenses r easy, but its really really hard to earn money :(
races r really cheap, and there isnt as much mod parts as GT3!!!
omg....

cp01ae
01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Well this just in, I'm at about 62% and there are Formula One cars in the game. There is a 15 race F1 serries. More on that later, im going to a Karaoke bar.

Cheers

dashers
01-20-2005, 10:28 AM
62% after only couple of weeks,do you do anything else?!? Im on bout 70% of GT3 after about a year or more!

illusionest
01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Well this just in, I'm at about 62% and there are Formula One cars in the game. There is a 15 race F1 serries. More on that later, im going to a Karaoke bar.

Cheers

:eek: :eek:
62!!!! u play A LOT!
O_O

i only play around an hour a day

o btw, there were F1s in GT3, so its not a surprise that theyre still there :p

got a question , what r missions?

ruim20
01-20-2005, 01:11 PM
one question, about the mods, are there tunning companys and factory works?, how do the tunning companys work?, are they avaiable for all brands?

illusionest
01-20-2005, 01:22 PM
nope, there are.... (for me now, im not sure if u unlock more later)
9 mod companies available, but it varies for each car, for my mitsu FTO, i can use blitz, trial and HKS parts. but each car is different, sum cars r not allowed to use mod companies
but the stupid thing is, u know how there are less parts now in GT4, they made it so each part will be available in all mod companies, so if u buy a HKS engine part, it will appear as if u bought it in other companies.
for each mod brand theres a sponser car, e.g. HKS will have a HKS fully suped car, blitz wil have their own, and trial will have the toyota celica! (*hint* glacius' celica replica chop ;))
the brands that have their own companies will be available at their own section. so mercedes benz will have AMG, and mitsubishi has ralliart, etc etc etc. the AMG parts will be in the mercedes section... etc etc

Rockefella
01-20-2005, 01:26 PM
nope, there are.... (for me now, im not sure if u unlock more later)
9 mod companies available, but it varies for each car, for my mitsu FTO, i can use blitz, trial and HKS parts. but each car is different, sum cars r not allowed to use mod companies
for each mod brand theres a sponser car, e.g. HKS will have a HKS fully suped car, blitz wil have their own, and trial will have the toyota celica! (*hint* glacius' celica replica chop ;))
the brands that have their own companies will be available at their own section. so mercedes benz will have AMG, and mitsubishi has ralliart, etc etc etc. the AMG parts will be in the mercedes section... etc etc
That's very nice to hear. I'd much rather tune the car w/ AMG or M or whatever parts than just what comes standard in the parts shop. :)

Quiggs
01-20-2005, 01:33 PM
I really need to stop reading this thread. The wait is testing my patience. http://www.vortexmediagroup.com/images/banghead.gif

ruim20
01-20-2005, 02:19 PM
I really need to stop reading this thread. The wait is testing my patience. http://www.vortexmediagroup.com/images/banghead.gif

yeah! but i canīt help it! curiosity whil kill me some day! :D

ah yes, about the mod companys os official "tunning" you talked about buiyng a wing for the car, are there a lot of those parts for cars, like in NFU?

(Need For Speed U2 is to be taken as an example, the whriter of this reply was forced to play it to the lack of racing games for pc and had played TocaRaceDriver2 to the bone!)

Tuscan666
01-20-2005, 04:36 PM

I know the feeling, i dont wanna read but I NEED TO KNOW INFO!!!!!

illusionest
01-20-2005, 09:06 PM
not exactly...
u see, theres a section for aftermarket parts
HKS, Blitz, trial, Spoonsports, u know, the big names

and then, theres the companies that r with the brand itself
like, AMG with benz, Ralliart with Mitsubishi, NISMO with nissan, what else..... too much....
like, if the brand has a mod company , it will have one, if it doesnt, u use aftermarket companies.

theres no GT4 company or any NFSU company, all real companies
it sux how they all use the same parts but different name :(

i have exams this week, so im not playing as much
but i will try my best to get screen shots.

ruim20
01-21-2005, 05:32 PM
i undestod that part, what i really wanto to know is if you can buy wings.. side squirts and other "phisical" modifications for the cars, the other GT series didn't have any of that, just engine and chassis tunning.

illusionest
01-21-2005, 07:55 PM
yeh, same thing now
they didnt change that stuff, no body kits, no "physical" mods.
all interior + engine + technical stuff
u can only buy wings, a lot of different wings.
its actually a good thing, i dont want GT4 to be like NFSU2, where u rice up ur cars and ur NOS refills during the race, thats cheap

o btw those "coffee breaks" half way through a license is a mini game sort a thing where they test your skillz by going through an obstacle, the 1st one is going thrrough a pylon-filled mine field and the 2nd one is a twirl of pylons lined up like a snake and u have to knock all 100 of them, really really hard, i can only get bronze on those :(

cp01ae
01-27-2005, 06:39 AM
I have completed quite a bit of the game because I use the B-spec mode for long races and dont actually sit there and watch it. i also work quite early most days so im not usually out late, and i generally stay in when i have to work at 730 in the morning, so i play that.

The missions in the game give you a certain car and track and certain conditions to finish with. Some are drafting missions, you start in 6th place on test course with 3 laps to win, all the cars are the same. others have you race agains cars for one lap, and you have to finish first. An example of another kind of mission is the Rotary mission. You have one lap of Laguna Seca to win agains a Cosmo, an FC RX-7, an RX-8, an FD RX-7 and an FD RX-7 race car. You are driving a 787B and you are about 50 seconds behind the Cosmo. there are also races of this sort for Honda, Celicas, Fairlady Z's, and a few others. this is what the missions are about, winning in certain contisions and the such.

Any more questions? I'll be back in a few days or so if you want them answered.

ruim20
01-27-2005, 07:54 AM
So far it's been great reading... it'a a shame that the game only comes out in MARCH!!! i'm going to shot myself!