PDA

View Full Version : need for speed udnerground 2

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
hey guys i recently got nfsu2 on ps2 and the game worked fine until i finished it and one day i put the game in and the game wont load past the first loading screen.. i eject the disc and put it bak in and the game gets past to the next load screen i hav to continue this rite up to choosing my car then theres no hope of loading the city and the car etc.... this also happened with the first nfs underground
has this happened to anyone else... or has anyone got any suggestions ?
thanks

Wolf03
01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Is it on the new PS2 or the first version?

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 04:26 PM
the first version..

PsychoChimp22
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
There might be a problem with teh laser in the dvd (does ps2 have dvd?) drive. My XboX has a laser prob so i usualy have to put a game in twice for it to read properly :rolleyes:, but i just live with it seeing as I dont play very often and because the same thing happened to my friend and he took it to microsoft and instead of doing a cheap fix they gave him a crappy referbished one. . . (he lost about $150 of value for something that should have been free).

Renesis
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
clean the disc

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
hhhhhhmmmmmm i dont no see ive got 2 ps2's and it does the same thing on both of them
and to top it off my next door neighbour has ps2 and it doesnt even work on his... BOTH NFSU games i cant belive it thats $200 that just doesnt work... :(

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
renesis ur a smart one ey... i cleaned the disc i blew all the dust out of the ps2... ive had the disc repaired wif dat waxy crap they put to remove scratches still same thing.... maybe i should try a psX... swap my ps2 for that

deffenbaugh03
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
That's odd, i own the game it works completely fine, except i have experienced a problem with RSX's, everyonce in awhile if i switch over to an rsx (tuned or stock) while rotating the view of the car my ps2 freezes and it's kinda annoying but i can live with it.

But as far as your problem goes, i would clean the disk, seems the likely solution if it doesnt seem to be working on more than one ps2. Also if you bought a ps2 when it first came out, i've heard those ones have manyt problems as far as reading disks go. My ps2 is farely new but i knew a few friends who had to get their ps2's replaced

F1_Master
01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
$200 US Dollars?! I would think more like $100.

Anyways, if its multiple, then try cleaning the discs. If that doesn't work, take it to a game store that DOES clean discs, even for a small fee. If it still doesn't work, again, try taking it a game store. Sometimes, they might test it for you after they clean it.

Now, I don't think a lot of game stores will do that. Some here in Plano do, for a good fee.

F1_Master
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
That's odd, i own the game it works completely fine, except i have experienced a problem with RSX's, everyonce in awhile if i switch over to an rsx (tuned or stock) while rotating the view of the car my ps2 freezes and it's kinda annoying but i can live with it.

But as far as your problem goes, i would clean the disk, seems the likely solution if it doesnt seem to be working on more than one ps2. Also if you bought a ps2 when it first came out, i've heard those ones have manyt problems as far as reading disks go. My ps2 is farely new but i knew a few friends who had to get their ps2's replaced

Yes, but the old PS2 problem is most of the time due to poor maintence. I take care of mine extremely well, and disc reading errors haven't popped up, even with San Andreas.

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
thats the thing.... every other game including san andreas reads perferctly fine just the 2 nfsu games.... which shits me coz i love driving the mustang .... i think ill swap a ps2 for a psx i take care of my ps2 and the discs were cleaned by the proper machine at a video store they clean their dvds all the time so i dunno maybe i jus hav 2 live with not playin nfsu :(

ZeTurbo
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
i have a question for ya NFSU2 owners. is it like the first one?

i thought the first underground was fine in gameplay, graphics and speed (especially driftiong!!!).
but the cars where F**ing ugly!!!! i mean all that reputation stars system was soooo crappy!!

IHAD to have decals HUGE body kits and UGLY rims to have style points and progress... that was so stupid. im sorry thats my opinin.

but my question is... does U2 work the same way? if so... i just wont buy it. its not worth having a game you can finish in a day if u dont like the cars in it.

deffenbaugh03
01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Well i personally think it was worth the 50 bucks to buy the underground2. Here's why - first off you get to drive around the city and find the races and shops so that adds some enjoyment to the game i think. also there's more parts and some pretty cool parts like scizzors doors and such. and they added some pretty good cars too (and suv's haha i can't belive people use those) But yes it is based on a reputation system that goes from 1 to 10, and yea i'll agree with you, you can make one hell of an ugly car get a 10 reputation but it doesn't matter to me much, most of the cars i make can get 6-8 or so and i don't mind that. And in the storyplay if you have to put on a few parts you think are ugly just for a two magazine covers in the end it's not that bad you can go back and get rid of them later.

Esperante
01-03-2005, 06:24 PM
hey guys i recently got nfsu2 on ps2 and the game worked fine until i finished it and one day i put the game in and the game wont load past the first loading screen.. i eject the disc and put it bak in and the game gets past to the next load screen i hav to continue this rite up to choosing my car then theres no hope of loading the city and the car etc.... this also happened with the first nfs underground
thanks
Haha! Buy an xBox. :p

shr0olvl
01-03-2005, 08:49 PM
thanks

it's probably your ps2 not making it work becuase the ps2 likes to collect dust and if not well maintained it will stop playing games.

Best thing to do is to take it some place and let them clean the inside of ps2 and get all that dust crap out of it or if you dont want to pay them to clean it out, you could always take it apart yourself and clean it yourself ( i recomend getting a Air Can (http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/reviews/20030812/cleaning_gear3b.jpg) and blowing all the dust out yourself). you should do this about once every year to keep everything clean and maintained well.

Once you've done that, everything should work o.k and play excellent. If not, then it's defentally the disc !

BTW, how long have you had this ps2 ?

KeRmIt
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
ive had the ps2 for about a year ill give the air can clean a go thanks

SlickHolden
01-03-2005, 10:16 PM
They say watching DVD's on the ps2 can make the laser go off for games, But since you got that game take it back and ask them to replace it:D

man 430gt
01-04-2005, 03:29 AM
thanks
Thats PS2 for you should of got XBOX!!!! :D :rolleyes: