PDA

View Full Version : silly fanboy nfu is for kids!!!

dimlight
01-05-2005, 07:32 AM
just kidding guys.. but what do you prefer?

Personally gran turismo is way better, more realism, dynamics everything.
The japanese are already going nuts with the realease of gran turismo 4, and i´ve already read all the reviews.... and guess what????

oh yes it was worth the wait! Tons of new features... 700 cars.. about 60 tracks... which many of them are real and extremely detailed.
I also read that you can do your own paint job to the cars and the so called b spec mode.. which will allow you to race your car without the need of controlling it... using your own AI to win races.

fpv_gtho
01-05-2005, 08:40 AM
Theyve finally stuck some decent enough Aussie cars in there (Monaro, Commodore and Falcon), but theyre still skimping out on our tracks. Come on, Bathurst? Sandown? Albert Park? Oran Park? Eastern Creek? Just one of them would be great!

Other than that, GT3 had fantasic graphics i thought so its gunna be hard for GT4 to improve on that, in which case i dont care if Project Gothem Racing or whatever the other Xbox one supposedly has better graphics cause GT3 was plenty enough, let alone GT4. Im not going out spending a couple of hundred $$$ on an Xbox when i already have a PS2

Roy Visser
01-05-2005, 09:19 AM
There is no Paintshop!!

But yes im really anctious to get this game aswell. I spend about 4 hours a day on GTPlanet just looking for pictures and small strings of information about the game. Can't wait till i get it and drive some nice laps on the nurburgring!

byronleehk
01-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Did you guys tried "TOCA Race Driver 2: Ultimate Racing Simulator"? Actually I think it's pretty good too. Game play / physics / graphics are all good, not as many cars as you'll have with GT4 but the one thing that tops GT4 is that you can damage your car and mess up the handling / speed.

man 430gt
01-05-2005, 09:25 AM
just kidding guys.. but what do you prefer?

Personally gran turismo is way better, more realism, dynamics everything.
The japanese are already going nuts with the realease of gran turismo 4, and i´ve already read all the reviews.... and guess what????

oh yes it was worth the wait! Tons of new features... 700 cars.. about 60 tracks... which many of them are real and extremely detailed.
I also read that you can do your own paint job to the cars and the so called b spec mode.. which will allow you to race your car without the need of controlling it... using your own AI to win races.
Just wonerding? Out of these 700 cars are there any ferraris??:confused::D

Mustang
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Did you guys tried "TOCA Race Driver 2: Ultimate Racing Simulator"? Actually I think it's pretty good too.

great game

fa22_raptor
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately, I think Ferrari was excluded from the elaborate 700 car strong list. However, as consolation AMC, Bentley, Bugatti, Cadillac, Catterham, Daewoo (why?!), Datsun, De Tomaso, Delorean, Heuliez, Holden, HSV, Hyundai, Infiniti, Kia, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Lincoln, Maserati (not the MC12 though :( ), Mercury, Morgan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Rolls, Saab, Saleen, Saturn, Skoda, Spyker, Ultima and Volvo were all included which weren't in GT3.
Notable new supercars are (by no means all): EB110, CC8S, all the Lambos, SLR, S7 and C8.
It would be nice to have Porsche (substituted for by RUF), McLaren and Ferrari all in the game, but sadly not everything's possible.

dimlight
01-05-2005, 09:48 AM
nope.. no ferraris.. =/ probably because they dont want to be beaten by a souped up supra.

ruim20
01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
The Gt series is great, can´t wait for the new GT4, for pc the best i've played was Sports Car GT, great game, TOCA race driver 2m was good but no good in cars, and some phisycs where a bit weird.

ZerK
01-05-2005, 12:20 PM
However, as consolation... Hyundai... Kia... Skoda ...were all included which weren't in GT3.

That's a good thing? ;)

Mattg
01-05-2005, 01:28 PM
theres supposedly to be another racing game coming out called Forza Motorsport and its supposed to be the GT dethroner. Ive checked it out and it looks very nice

d-quik
01-05-2005, 01:57 PM
well the two games are not easily comparable. one is a car-simulater for ps2, the other is just a flashy, almost arcade-type video game.

Rockefella
01-05-2005, 01:59 PM
theres supposedly to be another racing game coming out called Forza Motorsport and its supposed to be the GT dethroner. Ive checked it out and it looks very nice
U just heard about it now?! It won't dethrone GT but it's a damn good competitor. Luckily, my neighbor has a PS2 and I'll play GT4 there, ev-ery-day.

Mattg
01-05-2005, 05:38 PM
But i heard it has very good graphics, better than GT4

clutch-monkey
01-05-2005, 06:14 PM
well the two games are not easily comparable. one is a car-simulater for ps2, the other is just a flashy, almost arcade-type video game.

Forza is a flashy arcade game? wtf

VtecMini
01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Forza is a flashy arcade game? wtfI think he was referring to the aforementioned Need For Speed: Underground, rather than Forza Motorsport.

CdocZ
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
yeah, nfs's are more arcade games. but......the arcade version i played was incredibly insane. not too many cars, but the game was SO INCREDIBLY realistic compared to the ps2 version i have (rev rates, acceleration, handling, wheel spin, etc) also, it had a real clutch, so it was so awesome! no more "l1, must downshift!", now its "press clutch, pull shifter closer really quickly, release clutch"..........so cool!

Rockefella
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
But i heard it has very good graphics, better than GT4
Well, the screenshots are only half of the story w/ the graphics. (Movies as well) They most likely touch up the pics to make em look crisper but when you're using these cars they'll most likely look granier and dodgey.

F1_Master
01-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately, I think Ferrari was excluded from the elaborate 700 car strong list. However, as consolation AMC, Bentley, Bugatti, Cadillac, Catterham, Daewoo (why?!), Datsun, De Tomaso, Delorean, Heuliez, Holden, HSV, Hyundai, Infiniti, Kia, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Lincoln, Maserati (not the MC12 though :( ), Mercury, Morgan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Rolls, Saab, Saleen, Saturn, Skoda, Spyker, Ultima and Volvo were all included which weren't in GT3.
Notable new supercars are (by no means all): EB110, CC8S, all the Lambos, SLR, S7 and C8.
It would be nice to have Porsche (substituted for by RUF), McLaren and Ferrari all in the game, but sadly not everything's possible.

You are absolutely wrong.

No Lamborghini. No Morgan. No Maserati.
Here's a list of companies you say are in. You know nothing.

Bugatti
De Tomaso
Heuliez
HSV
Koenigsegg
Morgan
Skoda
Lamborghini
Maserati
Saturn
Oldsmobile
Morgan
Rolls Royce
Saab
Ultima

You need to research!

And yes, 1 McLaren made it on. The F1 GTR "Longtail"
Research before you spout of about cars that aren't in when you think they are. It's obvious you've been looking at too many wishlists, and probably the Wishlist list that made its way around. Get the facts straight.

CdocZ
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
WTF?!?! since WHEN is the merc clk gtr NOT a supercar? over 600 hp, true racing body, street legal and a top speed of 220+ with incredible acceleration TO that top speed. also, that sounds like a supercar definition that only contains the very elite. i have several gt4 pics with the clk gtr too, to prove its in the game

F1_Master
01-05-2005, 06:41 PM
There is NO CLK-GTR in the game. PD f**ked up the car. What they put in was the CLK-GTR's ugly brother. The CLK-LM.

CdocZ
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
oh, so they just brought in the racing version? goddamit, that game needs more street legals

d-quik
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Forza is a flashy arcade game? wtfyeah wtf?

F1_Master
01-05-2005, 06:45 PM
No, the CLK-GTR was made street legal. Was a race car and a Street car. The LM was not its street legal version. LM was never a street version.

It is completely different.

clutch-monkey
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
yeah wtf?

my bad. i misread your post

CdocZ
01-05-2005, 06:48 PM
exactly......i just said that. you said the clk gtr wasnt in the game, but the lm was. so i basically said "goddamit, they shoulda put the clk gtr in instead of another race car"

F1_Master
01-05-2005, 07:00 PM
People are going to think they did. PD is supposed to be full of car experts. They f**ked up so many things. They put the SVT Lightning as an AWD drive instead of its original RWD.

CdocZ
01-05-2005, 07:02 PM
wow.....thats just stupid. they also pulled a microsoft, they should just allow you to download new cars and tracks. so so many incredibly special ones wont be left out.