PDA

View Full Version : finished: The Mini

henk4
01-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Now that the big UCP Mini is finished and will be traded tomorrow, I finally managed to complete the small one last night. Two poor pics, will try to make a few more later.

McReis
01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Very similar, but where's the rust??

henk4
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Very similar, but where's the rust??

this is a fully galvanised plastic body. :D

byronleehk
01-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice kit...but I don't see a minime (little Henk) inside? :p

henk4
01-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Nice kit...but I don't see a minime (little Henk) inside? :p

There is only the full size original I am afraid :D

d-quik
01-05-2005, 01:46 PM
How long did this take you?

henk4
01-05-2005, 03:19 PM
if I count the time it would be probably have been 3 to4 weeks, but there were long periods that the half finished producr remained unattended.

d-quik
01-05-2005, 05:43 PM
if I count the time it would be probably have been 3 to4 weeks, but there were long periods that the half finished producr remained unattended.uhh...by that do you mean 500 hours or 3-4 weeks ago u started and now you are done.:confused:

henk4
01-06-2005, 01:03 AM
uhh...by that do you mean 500 hours or 3-4 weeks ago u started and now you are done.:confused:

I started in April, got it almost finished before going on an extended business trip in early may and then spent this week to finish it. Calculated in hours it should be around 25-30

Dino Scuderia
01-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Very nice!

henk4
01-09-2005, 04:16 AM
as promised, some slightly better pics, there is one with the roof removed, showing the conversion from the RHD kit layout, to LHD.

Mattg
01-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Very good henk4

Esperante
01-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Nice work!

I remember doing a '69 racing version of the Morris a while ago...

Matra et Alpine
01-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Does it leave a puddle of oil on the display stand ?
Pics aren't big enough to show if you've got the bubbling paintwork on the wings and doors :)
oh, nice build !!

dd2005
03-14-2005, 11:37 PM
What the hell is that?
You need to get serious if you wanna start getting your car kitted out.
Don't try something stupid like a Mini. Think big, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution or Audi TT.
Ya gotta start gettin real if ya wanna impress.
Yours Truly
dd2005 :)

McReis
03-15-2005, 04:02 AM
What the hell is that?
Don't try something stupid like a Mini. Think big, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution or Audi TT.
Yours Truly

Henk's son owned a car just like the one in the kit. That's the reason of building that mini. Anyway, it's a classic and much less stupid than a Lancer or a hairdresser's TT.

One more thing: Henk4 is anything but a starter in kit building. He's almost a pro judging by the pile of kits he built or will build. He could teach you. :)

Welcome to UCP. No need to be so flashy! ;)

Karrmann
03-15-2005, 04:54 AM
dude, eally, Henk is a mini fanatic.

it wouldn't seem right for him to do an EVO, and besides EVOs are harder to paint.

but henk doing an EVO is like me doing a Focus

Lagonda
03-15-2005, 04:56 AM
What the hell is that?
Yours Truly
lol..

Wouter Melissen
03-15-2005, 05:31 AM
dude, eally, Henk is a mini fanatic.

it wouldn't seem right for him to do an EVO, and besides EVOs are harder to paint.

Henk has built a large number of EVOs.

henk4
03-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Henk has built a large number of EVOs.

and many more in the "to build" pile, including all the Hasegawa II,III,IV and V kits.

And for Karmann, the latest kit I was working on was a Focus WRC :)

Manik
03-15-2005, 06:17 PM
^^uh dd have you seen the other models Hank4 has posted???^^

Oh and Henk for most of you models do you paint them or airbrush them? Sorry just wondering because I am planning on getting my first model today.

aNOBLEman
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
That toothpick hood holder is amazing! But seriously that is a very nice kit.

henk4
03-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Oh and Henk for most of you models do you paint them or airbrush them? Sorry just wondering because I am planning on getting my first model today.

Sorry for my late reply, but what I do is spraypaint the bodies of cars, and add the details with a brush. Tamiya sprays are excellent although rather expensive, but you may try automotive paints in spray containers as well.

What model did you buy?

And oh,yes, toothpicks are essential tools in modelling, they can be used for applying white glue for cementing transparent parts, and you can also use to remove excess (dried) paint without the risk of scratching the underlying paint layer.

henk4
03-18-2005, 04:05 AM
What the hell is that?
Yours Truly

I cannot wait to see your completed kit of Protar's Ferrari 312B in 1/12 scale. Judging from your post that would be the sort of kits you are involved in. Oh and of course you made sure that the crankshaft, the pistons and the gearbox were working before you completed the engine.

carlover
03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
as promised, some slightly better pics, there is one with the roof removed, showing the conversion from the RHD kit layout, to LHD.
Can you do that with your mini in real life? :) Summer cruisin' in a mini, Henk style! :D

Manik
03-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Sorry for my late reply, but what I do is spraypaint the bodies of cars, and add the details with a brush. Tamiya sprays are excellent although rather expensive, but you may try automotive paints in spray containers as well.

What model did you buy?

And oh,yes, toothpicks are essential tools in modelling, they can be used for applying white glue for cementing transparent parts, and you can also use to remove excess (dried) paint without the risk of scratching the underlying paint layer.

Well I painted my model the second day I bought it. I bought a Tamiya Ferrari F40. I used Model Master paints because my father wasn't willing to pay for the more expensive Tamiya paints. I gave the body about 3 days to dry. It turned out really well. So far my model is looking great, I just finished the engine the other day and I am very impressed. When I am completly finished I'll post some pics. :D

Esperante
03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh you are? I'd like to see photos! :D

Blue Supra
03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
that looks unreal Henk! good job mate:)

i used to model modern fighter planes. :rolleyes: way too much effort to get those things looking good. did 2 and got sick of it.

Esperante
03-23-2005, 10:35 AM
IMO, car modelling is easier than any army modelling,
Usually with cars you only have to deal with one gloss colour for the body, whereas with army models you have to deal with multiple flat colours and army models are usually bigger objects represented at a smaller scale, so you have to be very skillful to detail them

henk4
03-23-2005, 07:59 PM
IMO, car modelling is easier than any army modelling,
Usually with cars you only have to deal with one gloss colour for the body, whereas with army models you have to deal with multiple flat colours and army models are usually bigger objects represented at a smaller scale, so you have to be very skillful to detail them

A car body needs to be perfect, any minute scratch in small scale would represent a big one in reality. To get the gloss paintwork right, without the dreadful orange peel is not as easy as it sounds.

Military objects can almost be sprayed at random as the camouflage can be applied in any pattern you want.

henk4
03-23-2005, 08:01 PM
that looks unreal Henk! good job mate:)

i used to model modern fighter planes. :rolleyes: way too much effort to get those things looking good. did 2 and got sick of it.

thank you, I do have some moral objections to deal with fighter planes, but I have done them (40-45 years ago)

crisis
04-12-2005, 12:28 AM
thank you, I do have some moral objections to deal with fighter planes, but I have done them (40-45 years ago)
Peacenick. Thats done it. Im going to post a killing machine. :D

henk4
04-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Peacenick. Thats done it. Im going to post a killing machine. :D

Preparing the Fleet 500 attack? :D