PDA

View Full Version : Toyota X-Runner

ImportFan
01-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Hey yall, whats up? been a long time i havent check these site out. Anyway i just wanna know Is the X runner out? its not a car, its a truck with 245HP at 3600Tq. 6 spd, stock body kits, its SWEEEET i love it. the question is, is it out already?, cuz i havent seen one at all. I looked all over the site and i cant seem to find it, even went to like 3 toyota dealerships. still no luck. if yall have any information please let me know thanks.

p.s. i think you guys rock! so thats why i came here to post my thread on here. later

fpv_gtho
01-06-2005, 02:25 AM
You must mean the Tacoma X Runner

http://www.autosite.com/Previews/2005-toyota-tacoma-x-runner.asp

Wolf03
01-06-2005, 11:21 AM
It's a Concept, isn't it? :confused:

Renesis
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
It's a Concept, isn't it? :confused:

was..
i saw it at the boston auto show and it was pretty depressing. theres not many changes to it
paint, body kit, new shocks and stabilizers, wheels...
comes in 4 and 6 cyllinders
not much horsepower, equal torque

its on the market now in limited quantity

Renesis
01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
i cant seem to find it, even went to like 3 toyota dealerships. still no luck. if yall have any information please let me know thanks.
you have to order it. it helps to talk to salesmen too. you're not going to find one just looking on a lot.

p.s. i think you guys rock!

thanks guy

SaleenRunner04
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey guys. Im new to this site. Last i ever heard of the Toyota Tacoma X-Runner was that it was to be released in Fall 2005 and was gonna come with 285 HP but you could supercharge it to like 300+ HP. . . i think 325HP with roughly 300 LB-FT torque. its a nice looking truck tho.

xrunner
01-24-2005, 12:08 PM
I bought a x runner Dec 2004. It handles great, not that fast yet no supercharger. Everyone i seen likes it.

shadow
01-26-2005, 03:41 AM
wow. mental note: neve buy one. looks like a wanna-be Dodge RAM SRT-10. sorry toyota, you guys cocked this one up

xrunner
01-26-2005, 10:46 AM
The toyota cost half as much as the dodge. It pulls the same g,s in corners. Why would anyone buy a $50,000 Dodge truck.

shadow
01-26-2005, 09:20 PM
point taken, but then, i wouldnt buy a toyota truck either. matter of fact, i wouldnt buy a truck at all. big ghastly looking things that cost an arm and a leg to run, for what?

Quiggs
01-26-2005, 09:29 PM
The toyota cost half as much as the dodge. It pulls the same g,s in corners. Why would anyone buy a $50,000 Dodge truck.
To pull their 20' trailer. Can your Toyota do that?

shadow
01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
maybe with a little push

shadow
01-26-2005, 09:40 PM
or one of those horses. i hear those can pull 20' trailers as well as any toyota

xrunner
01-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Most trucks can not pull a 20 foot trailers. The payload cap on the dodge 900 lb.
Max towing cap 7500 lb this ain't no dulley. hell a ford crown vic can pull 5000 lb. Dollar for dollar the toyota is the best out there. The big three are no longer.

fpv_gtho
01-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Then why do Ford still sell more F-150's than the whole Australian auto industry sells cars?

xrunner
01-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Did ford just recall 850,000 trucks? yes they did, ford is junk.

shadow
01-28-2005, 10:42 PM
As I recall, i said Dodge ram SRT-10. not some junk Ram 1500. According to the Dodge Towing guide on the website, http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/TowingGuide.jsp?vehicle=ram_truck&pid=u&adid=u&rid=u ,
the 1500 can tow up to 9,250 lbs.
the 3500 16,300 lbs.
burned. And also, Ford may have recalled all those trucks, but they still managed to sell them in the first place.

Quiggs
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Toyota has nevAr recalled any of their vehicles. :rolleyes:

http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-content-18402.html

Summary:
ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, DURING SIDE IMPACT NCAP TEST (I.E. LINCAP TEST), A FLANGE AT THE REAR END OF THE DOUBLE CAB BODY DEFORMED AND INTERFERED WITH THE FUEL INLET HOSE THAT CONNECTS THE FUEL FILLER PIPE AND FUEL TANK, RESULTING IN DAMAGE TO THE FUEL INLET HOSE.
Consequence:
THIS DAMAGE COULD RESULT IN FUEL LEAKAGE, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A FIRE IF IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE.

fpv_gtho
01-28-2005, 10:50 PM

For an engine related problem ;) And even then, it was only 1 engine.

xrunner
01-31-2005, 09:42 AM
hey man if you love ford that's fine with me. If you think that ford makes a better car then toyota then i can't help you. keep buying them. you must be one of those people that think all cars break. Read consumer reports, there are about 5 or 7 car/ trucks that don,t break down.

Quiggs
01-31-2005, 09:54 AM
I've already shown you that even the mighty Toyota Tacoma has problems. All cars CAN break. That's why they have warranties. That's why we have repair shops.

But any vehicle that's properly maintained will more than likely last for 200,000 miles.

*Edited for clarity :rolleyes: *

KnifeEdge_2K1
01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
I've already shown you that even the mighty Toyota Tacoma has problems. All cars DO break. That's why they have warranties. That's why we have repair shops.

actually all cars dont break, its wether or not you take care of em and knowing their capabilities, the dif is between cars and how susceptible they are to everyday wear and tear and what nots

xrunner
01-31-2005, 12:42 PM
i bought a 2002 4 runner new. 65,000 milles and 2 1/2 years later. i traded it in, i never had to go to the dealer not once. i changed the oil and brought 2 air filters. my family has owned more than one new car dealership in the pass 20 years. i know a little about cars breaking down. toyota are by far better car than us crap. the funny thing is toyota's are made in the us so it is not the workers.

fpv_gtho
02-01-2005, 12:13 AM
hey man if you love ford that's fine with me. If you think that ford makes a better car then toyota then i can't help you. keep buying them. you must be one of those people that think all cars break. Read consumer reports, there are about 5 or 7 car/ trucks that don,t break down.

Ford do make some better cars than Toyota, but theyre neither US made or released on the US market.

turbosciotoyota
02-06-2005, 06:46 PM
You must mean the Tacoma X Runner

http://www.autosite.com/Previews/2005-toyota-tacoma-x-runner.aspIf any of you people realized this is a cast iron block with aluminum heads now class what other infamous car has that set up oy yes the supra well if you look at the two you could esily put a twin turbo thats right twin turbo and unleash this beast well thats what i'm doin so everyone good luck cuz mines gonna be the fastest x runner out their anyone what ta race just find me.

Rockefella
02-06-2005, 07:00 PM
If any of you people realized this is a cast iron block with aluminum heads now class what other infamous car has that set up oy yes the supra well if you look at the two you could esily put a twin turbo thats right twin turbo and unleash this beast well thats what i'm doin so everyone good luck cuz mines gonna be the fastest x runner out their anyone what ta race just find me.
You're quite a comical guy... comedy central's number is 800-555-8250

Manik
02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
i like toyotas trucks alot more than fords trucks. in my opinion they are better quality and look a litte bit better. but i wouldn't know very well cuz i'm not really a truck guy..........

clutch-monkey
02-07-2005, 01:21 AM
If any of you people realized this is a cast iron block with aluminum heads now class what other infamous car has that set up oy yes the supra well if you look at the two you could esily put a twin turbo thats right twin turbo and unleash this beast well thats what i'm doin so everyone good luck cuz mines gonna be the fastest x runner out their anyone what ta race just find me.

i've never heard of anything so pointless than a twin turbo'ed high speed truck. tell me you haven't put a huge wing on it
you could have just bought a supra for pete's sake

fpv_gtho
02-07-2005, 01:28 AM

Mate why dont you just do an engine swap from the V6, keep it in the family and put a nice Lexus V8 in there or something. Better yet, do clutch monkey's idea and get a supra. Not only will it have a better engine, but the whole package will be better, for something that may end up being a 10 year older car

Spastik_Roach
02-07-2005, 02:53 AM
I know a guy who saw a Toyota Land Cruiser ( A totally Stock 100 series one) pull a 18 tonne camel truck out of a bog...

fpv_gtho
02-07-2005, 02:57 AM
You wouldnt think it possible, considering Cruisers a 2-2.5 tonne tops, but theres many claims to it being done out there and considering theyre still on a seperate box section chassis, there shouldnt be any expected structural damage. The idea of it though's alot like the F-250 ads theyve got running here :p