PDA

View Full Version : Boy drink-driver, 13.

UCR
01-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Thursday, 6 January, 2005

Boy drink-driver, 13, sentenced

A 13-year-old boy has been given four months youth custody for drink-driving.
Jon Smee has been banned from driving twice before and is thought to be the youngest person to be convicted of the offence in the UK.

Smee, from Salford, was arrested in a stolen car after police chased him through the city in November 2004.

He was sentenced by Salford magistrates after pleading guilty last month to drink-driving, aggravated vehicle taking and driving without insurance.

Lost control

The 4ft 10in (1.47m) teenager, of Thursfield Street, Cromwell, looked shocked and shaken as he was handcuffed and led from the court.

The court heard he was caught after being spotted speeding along Queensway, Salford, at speeds of up to 70mph without his lights on.

He had narrowly missed a pedestrian and lost control of the car at a roundabout after his front offside wheel hit the kerb and the tyre exploded.

Pam Johal, prosecuting, said: "The pedestrian, who was walking along Queensway, heard a screech of tyres and saw the car driving over 30mph on the wrong side of the road.

"He said he felt the draught from the speed of the vehicle and was forced to take a step back as it approached him.

When Smee noticed his car was slowing down, he opened the door and abandoned it.

But the officers giving chase caught up with him and breathalysed him.

District Judge John Finestein said he had taken the unusual step of naming the boy because he hoped it would alert the public and stop Smee offending again.

He has a number of previous convictions and has been made the subject of an anti-social behaviour order. Jon Smee is also the subject of an anti-social behaviour order

This happerned not far from me.

70MPH On the wrong side of the road, at night, no headlights, pissed.

- Little shit.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_8405.html

:Exige:
01-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Saw it on the News .. Burberry Crew Member .. I really do hate "chavs". Should be shot.

6'bore
01-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Same here. I saw him on the T.V smoking outside of the court, he thought he was solid. He needs a good smash in the face does that idiot ;)

UCR
01-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah. fuking piss headed twat.

SlickHolden
01-06-2005, 01:41 PM
More like a twot head this little dip stick, I'll bang on sky news and have a loo see.

Cotterik
01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah. fuking piss headed twat.

bahahahaaa..subtle old jim :D

deffenbaugh03
01-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Shouldn't it be "drunk driver" instead of drink-driver?

Wolf03
01-06-2005, 02:13 PM
How could a 13 year old kid steal a car?? He smokes, drinks and drives??? :eek: I'm two years older and the only thing closest is drink on New Year's Day. Is he like a retard that escaped from the mental institution? That's fukin' insane!!! Man, if I would facing him right now, I wouldn't be afraid at all to beat the crap out of him. :cool:

Coventrysucks
01-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Death is not good enough for these people :rolleyes:

UCR
01-06-2005, 02:31 PM
How could a 13 year old kid steal a car?? He smokes, drinks and drives??? :eek: I'm two years older and the only thing closest is drink on New Year's Day. Is he like a retard that escaped from the mental institution? That's fukin' insane!!! Man, if I would facing him right now, I wouldn't be afraid at all to beat the crap out of him. :cool:
Try living around here.
Well not far from me.

01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah .. what he did is quite easy. I can walk in a shop with my fake ID and buy alcohol. I regularly buy Vodka .. sometimes cheap Cider when Im feeling less tasteful (mmm .. white lightning .. nothing like some good tramp juice :rolleyes: . However, I drink in places and atmospheres where Im not likely to cause any harm .. like at friends houses. I also dont drink in excess .. mixing drinks does the jobs. But chavs like this do the same as me except on the street .. theyre also weak minded fu*k heads that are more suggestable than a suicidal person being told to jump. So hwne theyre told to go steal a car .. they do. Its not that hard either .. I know how to hot wire a car .. its not that hard to get inside .. just break the window. And I can drive .. theres the drink driving part sorted. As for the drugs bit .. theyre not really that hard to get. Some of my friends smoke weed and they tell me where they get it. It can be a place as innocent as a little flower stall .. which is where my friends get their "gear". Of course I dont not do stuff like that .. it may be fun but its god damn stupid. All of this stuff even happens near me .. and I live in the middle of the countryside. Death may not be good enough for these people .. but atleast it'd be a way of getting rid of the townie bast*rds. Even more surprisingly .. Female chavs also get pissed, stoned and steal cars. Im actually very surprised that thats the youngest someones been caught drink driving .. i thought it'd be much younger. And Im only 2 years older too. Welcome to the world of British Chavs people! :) How did so many people get killed in the Tsunami? They didnt deserve to have that fate .. so why God cant you just smite this freakin' idiot .. hes worthless to us educated people on UCP .. why! Its things like this that make me have a huge disbelief in god.

Sorry if ive offended anyone .. im normally pretty good at doing that :D Oh .. and Ive started to cut down on the alcohol .. saving the liver for graduation :)

SPHFerrari
01-06-2005, 03:17 PM
wolf03, smoking and drinking (and even driving) are not unheard of with kids my age (15). sounds like your from a relatively sheltered area if ur 15 and the closest to drinking is on new years for you.

this kid is a complete idiot. it makes me want to hit him even more cuz it says he got in trouble before for "racialy aggravated violent behavior."

UCR
01-06-2005, 03:23 PM
*lot of talking*

It also happens all over the country.

The weed thing is cheap, for an eigth it is about £5, and in America i believe it is about $70, - couldnt believe that when i herd it. Also Weed isnt bad it calms you down, no aggression. Alcahol is must more dangerous.

Stealing cars, easy as you said. Anyone knows how to hotwire an old astra.

There are many scallys or "chavs" in this country, but unlike most they take it to far, and can put other people lives in danger.

Its needs to be stopped.

UCR
01-06-2005, 03:25 PM
this kid is a complete idiot. it makes me want to hit him even more cuz it says he got in trouble before for "racialy aggravated violent behavior."

I know what that is, and i cant blame him. They are just as bad.

SPHFerrari
01-06-2005, 03:28 PM

The weed thing is cheap, for an eigth it is about £5, and in America i believe it is about $70, - couldnt believe that when i herd it. Also Weed isnt bad it calms you down, no aggression. Alcahol is must more dangerous.

There are many scallys or "chavs" in this country, but unlike most they take it to far, and can put other people lives in danger.

Its needs to be stopped.
OMG!!! 5 pounds??? when i come over this simmer u gotta hook me up. its not 70, depending on how good and who you get it from in my area its about 40. but STILL. DAYUM! i find alcohol to be much more dangerous. you dont lose control of what your doing on weed. and you can drive perfectly well if ur high, maybe not SUPER high but with a bit in you.

UCR
01-06-2005, 03:31 PM
OMG!!! 5 pounds??? when i come over this simmer u gotta hook me up. its not 70, depending on how good and who you get it from in my area its about 40. but STILL. DAYUM! i find alcohol to be much more dangerous. you dont lose control of what your doing on weed. and you can drive perfectly well if ur high, maybe not SUPER high but with a bit in you.
Yeah, 30 quid will keep you going for a night.

01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
$70 for an eigth?! Christ America has it bad! Not that I smoke weed anymore. I seriously agree that alcohol is more dangerous than weed .. its just that I used to do both. Im kinda cutting down on anything like that though ever since I didnt remember much of last summer .. not good. My girlfriend isnt much of a big drinker really either, so Im doing it for her mainly. Of course, Ill have the odd spree for old times sake. Its not like im gonna miss it largely .. unlike some addicts I know :rolleyes:

Oh - and not brave enough to quote my whole essay then UCR :)

Mustang
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
hehe funny thing is that it was on the radio just before and the guy was goin what sort f a kid can drive at 13, i mean could you drive your dads car at 13

i thaught about ringing in and going "yeah i was driving when i was 8 ive owned a few cars myself anf im still only 16"

that would of shut him up :p MUHAHAHA

SPHFerrari
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
its not 70, where i am at least. but still, it must seem like a fortune to you guys.

SPHFerrari
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
i mean could you drive your dads car at 13
yes. yes i could.

:D

Mustang
01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Its needs to be stopped.

all we need now are the MPK / MCK to pay them a visit;)

Mustang
01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
yes. yes i could.

exactly

Rockefella
01-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Its needs to be stopped.
5 pounds?!?!? Sonuva.... that is cheap. Although I don't smoke very often, I would if I lived over in the UK :p However, alcohol's not too dangerous, as long as you know your limits and don't overdo it. For me, it's to have fun w/ friends or at a party, not to throw up all over the place and feel hung-over; that's for special occasions. :)

SPHFerrari
01-06-2005, 06:20 PM
well thats one of the reasons i rarely drink. you can smoke however much you want and not be sick and hung over the next day. ive woken up half-high the next day. well we went to sleep at liek 4 and got up at 9 so not really next day, but theres nothing wrong with that:D

Blitz_
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
bloody potheads, lol, australia, or WA for that matter an eigth is like $30.

PsychoChimp22
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
yes. yes i could.

Same here, i even HAD driven both of my parents cars by then, through lots and what not.

6'bore
01-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Try living around here.
Well not far from me.

where abouts are you jim. Far from me?

man 430gt
01-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Same here. I saw him on the T.V smoking outside of the court, he thought he was solid. He needs a good smash in the face does that idiot ;)
Ture :mad: :mad:

6'bore
01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Ture :mad: :mad:
he's just an attention seeker and all he should be made to do is clear rubbish on his home 'turf' infront of his 'crew' and see how he likes that

Tuscan666
01-07-2005, 03:56 PM
hmm lol well i had 15 pints and didnt get an hang over. bah it takea lot for me to get pissed.

This guy should be locked up and made to pick the soap up. I hate that people put the lives of others in there drunek/high lil hands. They can go ahead and kill themselfs for all i care but when u nearly kill some1 else thats taking it too far!

Mustang
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
hmm lol well i had 15 pints and didnt get an hang over. bah it takea lot for me to get pissed.

This guy should be locked up and made to pick the soap up. I hate that people put the lives of others in there drunek/high lil hands. They can go ahead and kill themselfs for all i care but when u nearly kill some1 else thats taking it too far!

haha yeah "hey superstar pass the soap ;)"

some people can drink alot and not get pissed, i generally wake up late when it gets a wee bit over the limit :p

VtecMini
01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
hmm lol well i had 15 pints and didnt get an hang over. bah it takea lot for me to get pissed.Out of curiousity, how old are you? Cos I could drink like that once upon a time, when I was 15 I could pretty much drink as much as I cared for and wake up the next money with no more than a fuzzy head, which was great. I'm 19 now and I just can't do it anymore. It sucks. I get hangovers after a 4 pint social down the local now. Stupid stuff. I do drink cider though, which could be the problem. Since I don't like beers or lagers, I'm left with little choice.

Tuscan666
01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Out of curiousity, how old are you? Cos I could drink like that once upon a time, when I was 15 I could pretty much drink as much as I cared for and wake up the next money with no more than a fuzzy head, which was great. I'm 19 now and I just can't do it anymore. It sucks. I get hangovers after a 4 pint social down the local now. Stupid stuff. I do drink cider though, which could be the problem. Since I don't like beers or lagers, I'm left with little choice.

I'm 18. 19 in May.

Kinda keeping with the drunk driving theme. Last night my mate in his Metro 1.1 SI nearly crashed the car when he locked the breaks up lol. Nearly went into the bushes!!!

dashers
01-08-2005, 05:03 AM
I'm 18. 19 in May.

Kinda keeping with the drunk driving theme. Last night my mate in his Metro 1.1 SI nearly crashed the car when he locked the breaks up lol. Nearly went into the bushes!!!

Wahey,thats nearly hte car i drive!brakes are total shit.never driven it drunk though(acctaully thats a lie,but it was 3 am and im never going to do it again)

Tuscan666
01-08-2005, 01:17 PM
LOL he just told me his susspention has droped on the drivers side. WTF??? lol!

Carmaniac
01-09-2005, 09:35 PM
A few questions…

Is thirteen a legal driving age?
Could he even see over the dashboard?
What type of car was he driving?
Is 13 a legal DRINKING age??
Do you have photos? :confused:

SPHFerrari
01-10-2005, 04:41 AM
no
proably
idk?
no
no

6'bore
01-10-2005, 01:44 PM
no
proably
idk?
no
no

correct. The kid can burn in hell for all i care

Mustang
01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
A few questions…

Is thirteen a legal driving age?
Could he even see over the dashboard?
What type of car was he driving?
Is 13 a legal DRINKING age??
Do you have photos? :confused:

NO way :p 17 soon to be 18 :p
I could when i was less than that :)
probably some shitty nova
Nope 18 for drinking
they will be somewhere

clutch-monkey
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
maybe he wouldn't have been speeding if he was in finland:

The size of a speeding fine in Finland is based on income. Thus it was that Jussi Salonaja, the 27-year-old heir to a sausage empire was fined £120,000 for doing 80kph in a 40kph zone. If all else fails, police in the city of Oulu have come up with the idea of using a steel harpoon to ram obstinate speeding cars, with the option of a teargas nozzle in the tip. The local police chief said, "Why shouldn't harpooning a car work? It works with whales and they're a lot bigger."

i got that off the topgear website

Tuscan666
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
maybe he wouldn't have been speeding if he was in finland:

The size of a speeding fine in Finland is based on income. Thus it was that Jussi Salonaja, the 27-year-old heir to a sausage empire was fined £120,000 for doing 80kph in a 40kph zone. If all else fails, police in the city of Oulu have come up with the idea of using a steel harpoon to ram obstinate speeding cars, with the option of a teargas nozzle in the tip. The local police chief said, "Why shouldn't harpooning a car work? It works with whales and they're a lot bigger."

i got that off the topgear website

It was also in the Top Gear mag. This quote made me laugh "Why shouldn't harpooning a car work? It works with whales and they're a lot bigger." Cracks me up everytime!

SPHFerrari
01-12-2005, 05:44 PM
hahahaha. i can just see the cops spearing a man who was speeding through the back of his seat. haha OMG!:D

clutch-monkey
01-12-2005, 05:46 PM
i love the "option of a teargas nozzle". so your speeding, when a harpoon flies through your door and fills the cabin with tear gas. now your speeding and disorientated