PDA

View Full Version : My uncles new Aston

6'bore
01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Only managed to get the one pic(don't have a digicam, took by a friend). hopefully my uncle will be coming up again soon so I can get some more pics and a ride :D

P3RG4R3C
01-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Your uncle has an Aston Martin and you haven't got a digicam? Very nice car. Egg Nog's proof of ownership, please.

6'bore
01-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Your uncle has an Aston Martin and you haven't got a digicam? Very nice car. Egg Nog's proof of ownership, please.

digicam's are a waste of money. and did you not read what I wrote? My uncle lives a couple of hundred miles away from me and only comes to my town about 4 times a year, /thats why i said i hope he comes back soon

McLareN
01-08-2005, 09:44 AM
OMG a DB9!!! :eek: i dont belive that your uncle actually owns it because you are too calm :D
Please take the Egg Nog prof of ownership :)

man 430gt
01-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Amazaing, he wasn't in london, round swiss cottage/finchley road area on new years eve around 2 am?

6'bore
01-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Amazaing, he wasn't in london, round swiss cottage/finchley road area on new years eve around 2 am?

May have been. lives in surrey so he may have been

d-quik
01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
its not even his, why the egg nog challenge thing

6'bore
01-08-2005, 10:08 AM
for all the people who want me to take egg noggs proof of ownership, please read the 3rd post before posting

Coventrysucks
01-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Your uncle has an Aston Martin and you haven't got a digicam?

If I had an Aston, I would not buy every single relative of mine a digital camera, or feel the need to provide them with the appropriate funds for such a purchase.

UCR
01-08-2005, 10:32 AM
If it was your uncles why didnt you get closer to it, to get a better pic? :)

6'bore
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
i didnt take the pic. My friend took it without me knowing and I pnly found out at a later date

Mustang
01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
what was the pic taken on ?

cmcpokey
01-08-2005, 11:16 AM
the return of the dreaded "uncle"

Niko_Fx
01-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Gotta love those uncle stories.

:Exige:
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Its not that unbelievable .. I know someone with a DB9 ... hes a property developer. Of course I dont see much of it because he works just south of Birmingham and I live down south. Whenever I go to the NEC I normally pay him a visit to see what sort of exotica hes got. We keep contact on MSN. I dont have that problem with my cousin with the Exige because he only lives 5 minutes away. Ill try to persuade him to come on UCP .. dont think hes got any photos of his car but it can be arranged.

PininfarinaPIMP
01-08-2005, 12:45 PM
I dont think its his uncles. You get the same stories with kids in high school who say they have this nice car but dont drive it cuz they are afraid people will **** it up...

6'bore
01-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I dont think its his uncles. You get the same stories with kids in high school who say they have this nice car but dont drive it cuz they are afraid people will **** it up...

what the hell are you talking about?

Mustang
01-08-2005, 01:08 PM
ok then to prove it i want you to put a piece of paper on that garage door sayingn "6'bore" and take a pic of it with your phone or something

then so further back so that we can see the whole garage and the peice of paper on it and take another pic

that will prove it i guess:)

6'bore
01-08-2005, 01:28 PM
ok then to prove it i want you to put a piece of paper on that garage door sayingn "6'bore" and take a pic of it with your phone or something

then so further back so that we can see the whole garage and the peice of paper on it and take another pic

that will prove it i guess:)

READ the 3rd post plz :)

PsychoChimp22
01-08-2005, 01:30 PM
6'bore, whens the next time your going to his house (or the other way)??
Just take a picture then.

6'bore
01-08-2005, 02:27 PM
6'bore, whens the next time your going to his house (or the other way)??
Just take a picture then.

I am going to do but some people just don't seem to understand it. It will probably be a few weeks

Egg Nog
01-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Gotta love those uncle stories.

Totally! I remember that thread from way back :)

Spastik_Roach
01-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I think 6bore is telling the truth.

Rockefella
01-08-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm starting to not believe him with the 'my friend took it w/out me knowing and I found out about it later' and the 'I only see him 4 times a year'

man 430gt
01-08-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm starting to not believe him with the 'my friend took it w/out me knowing and I found out about it later' and the 'I only see him 4 times a year'
Who can tell me where surry is? Because it may shead some light on this. Also you don't buy a brand new aston and take it to your nephews house and like him sticking peices of paper on his car, cut 6'bore a break for god's sake :mad:

Mustang
01-08-2005, 05:30 PM
READ the 3rd post plz :)

you must have something that can take a pic ?

Plutus
01-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Who can tell me where surry is? Because it may shead some light on this.

You are in London, just look down some time, Surrey is directly south of you! Plenty of wonderful cars like this around certain parts of Surrey. I work in Weybridge, directly opposite a very expensive housing estate where Jenson Button lives (or at least owns one of his many houses...) Not uncommon to see Astons, Lambos, Ferraris and I've even seen 2 McMerc SLRs on the road as I'm pretty close to Woking where they are assembled. And if anyone's uncle wants to buy me a digicam, then I'll be happy to snap away :D :D

VtecMini
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Elmbridge is apparently the wealthiest place in the country, that's in Weybridge. Just a little nugget of trivia for y'all. ;)

Very strange place, been there a few times. Every third car is either an M5, a 911 or an S class.

Plutus
01-09-2005, 05:46 AM
I think it is the other way round (Weybridge is in Elmbridge) but yeah, you are correct that it is a rich place. I must stress that I only work there, not live there. :(

My office is just on the top of the old banked Brooklands track which is a pretty interesting place right now. Daimler Chrysler bought the whole Brooklands area and are redeveloping it to make it into a Merc Technology Centre. Check it out herehttp://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/services/planprop/BrooklandsApplication.htm

Can't wait for this to be finished...

man 430gt
01-09-2005, 06:02 AM
You are in London, just look down some time, Surrey is directly south of you!
Hey, I live up north of london, and only go to central parts, not south. And also where I live it's ordanary to see cars like ferraris 308's, mondials and 328's. Not to mention numerous lambo's. And you can find many merc's slr in garages in mayfair area or somewhere like that. Also Im only 14 so don't think that I'll know where everything is in london. ;) :rolleyes:

Plutus
01-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Only 14 and you already have a preference about which side of the river you prefer to live on. Took me at least 18 years to get proud about being from "south of the river" ;) :D

Mayfair has some pretty cool cars cruising around. Have you been to the McLaren 'showroom' on Park Lane? I haven't passed it for a few years but guess it is still there with an F1 in the window.

Matt
01-09-2005, 08:51 AM
digicam's are a waste of money. and did you not read what I wrote? My uncle lives a couple of hundred miles away from me and only comes to my town about 4 times a year, /thats why i said i hope he comes back soon

I don't care whether the car is your uncle's or not...but explain how a digital camera is a waste of money.

6'bore
01-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Because its not very often that I take pictures. but on the rare occasion that I do I don't feel the need for them to be on the computer

01-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Only 14 and you already have a preference about which side of the river you prefer to live on. Took me at least 18 years to get proud about being from "south of the river" ;) :D

Mayfair has some pretty cool cars cruising around. Have you been to the McLaren 'showroom' on Park Lane? I haven't passed it for a few years but guess it is still there with an F1 in the window.
They sold the Mclaren F1 a few months ago in an Auction. Im not sure if theyre gonna put an SLR in there or put an SLR in the Merc dealer a few yards down the road .. or both. They may have sold the apartment space though. Not sure .. but the F1s gone forever Im afraid. Last Mclaren F1 RC to be sold :( The only thing that really excites me down Park Lane now is the Aston Dealer .. and only because of the old ones they sometimes .. like V8 LMs and Zagatos. Not really excited by the current range because I see them so regularly in Sevenoaks.

You get some ok cars where I live .. along the A21 you normally get a Porsche every 30 seconds. Which is why im not a huge fan of Porsches. Get plenty of kit cars like Cobras, Caterhams and Ultimas. Get the odd Mclaren F1 if your lucky .. quite a few Exige S2s. I can almost guarantee to see a Ferrari every 10 minutes on average. Got quite a few nice cars parked near me .. about 200 yards away is an Aston DBS, Aston DB5 and Ferrari 412 (not really a fan of his Ferrari).

PininfarinaPIMP
01-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Its not his uncles, its some random guys that he took a pic and said it was...

Coventrysucks
01-09-2005, 03:43 PM
They sold the Mclaren F1 a few months ago in an Auction. Im not sure if theyre gonna put an SLR in there or put an SLR in the Merc dealer a few yards down the road .. or both. They may have sold the apartment space though. Not sure .. but the F1s gone forever Im afraid. Last Mclaren F1 RC to be sold :(

They have sold the "showroom", I don't know who bought it though.

The only thing that really excites me down Park Lane now is the Aston Dealer .. and only because of the old ones they sometimes .. like V8 LMs and Zagatos.

Very nice chaps they are too.

6'bore
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Its not his uncles, its some random guys that he took a pic and said it was...

oooo, cold ;)

nopassn
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I don't care whether the car is your uncle's or not...but explain how a digital camera is a waste of money.

Whatever... his uncle does own the car, and a Macca, and an Enzo and a CGT and a Yugo...

as far as digi cams go, they are a total waste of money... I mean, why would anyone spend $1,000 on a camera body, with no lens or anything?

IBrake4Rainbows
01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Do you have a phone camera?

We're a bit of a cynical bunch of people here, so you've got two choices.

Put Up
Or
Shut Up.

Get us an Egg Nog Proof of Ownership, or you'll be passed off as another "Uncle" story teller.

nopassn
01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Do you have a phone camera?

We're a bit of a cynical bunch of people here, so you've got two choices.

Put Up
Or
Shut Up.

Get us an Egg Nog Proof of Ownership, or you'll be passed off as another "Uncle" story teller.

At least we're being spared "the other" story about him and his uncle ;)

CdocZ
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
wow, thats gonna hurt! :p

IBrake4Rainbows
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Thats just a bit dirty.

Funny, but dirty.

And for all we know, true........

6'bore
01-11-2005, 10:02 AM

no. perveted and sick. Qiute worrying to think that its going through your mind.

nopassn
01-11-2005, 10:08 AM
no. perveted and sick. Qiute worrying to think that its going through your mind.

lol... I don't know if your uncle has the car or not - and I'm not going to speculate... If he does, good for him, and I look forward to seeing more pics as they are available - if he doesn't, shame on you for being a big liar :D

byronleehk
01-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, some rich guy does own that car, his uncle or not is another question.

The license plate looks unique, is that something that you pay extra for? Like a customized plate in the U.S. :confused:

nicky007
02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey, I live up north of london, and only go to central parts, not south. And also where I live it's ordanary to see cars like ferraris 308's, mondials and 328's. Not to mention numerous lambo's. And you can find many merc's slr in garages in mayfair area or somewhere like that. Also Im only 14 so don't think that I'll know where everything is in london. ;) :rolleyes:
Still no excuse for not knowing where Surrey is!!

I only came upon this thread and forum whilst looking for stuff on Jenson Button - who is obviously mentioned further up this thread.

So I thought I would join to tell you all that I have an Aston DB9 and I live in London - so it's not just people who live in the Home Counties who have nice cars.

How did this turn out, was it his Uncle's car or not?

6'bore
02-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, some rich guy does own that car, his uncle or not is another question.

The license plate looks unique, is that something that you pay extra for? Like a customized plate in the U.S. :confused:

Yeah. I don't know how much the plate cost but its probably in the region of £15,000. Which in my eyes is a waste of money

6'bore
02-02-2005, 12:46 PM

I only came upon this thread and forum whilst looking for stuff on Jenson Button - who is obviously mentioned further up this thread.

So I thought I would join to tell you all that I have an Aston DB9 and I live in London - so it's not just people who live in the Home Counties who have nice cars.

Only saw your post just. So you own a bd9 too. Congrats :p What part of london are you from?

P3RG4R3C
02-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Welcome to UCP. Can you provide us an Egg Nog Proof Of Ownership? Stick a piece of paper with your username on the gear nob. ;) Sorry for being so distrustful, but here are a lot of liars, who are saying that they own a nice car and then it becomes obvious that they don't. :rolleyes:

nicky007
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Hmmm, being distrusted by a Scumacher fan! That's never happened to me before.....

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!! I thought it was disgraceful that someone living in London did not know where Surrey was!!

My first car was a Ford Sierra, when I was 17, so to have progressed to an Aston is a bit of an achievement in under 14 years.

At the end of the day, a car is a car, no matter how nice it is. I don't agree with speeding, so what's the point of having a motor that does 190mph when the national speed limit is 70mph?? I had never really cared for flash cars until I saw a DB9 on the road one day. I fell in love with it without knowing what make of car it was, and had to follow it 10 miles out of my way to find out. Then I thought it was going to be really expensive, but I was actually quite surprised by the cost. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be. I have taken it over to Germany a few times to really get the feel of it, but the performance doesn't really do it for me. I just think it's cute!!

I can't understand why people would lie about owning a car. It seems so petty and pointless. I will not be doing an "Egg Nog" or whatever it was, as there doesn't seem to be any point. I didn't come here to brag about my car.

I live in Greenwich, 6'bore, which is south of the river. Please buy an AtoZ and improve your local geography!

T-S-E
02-04-2005, 12:35 PM
bah, my onkle have a: ferrari enzo, pagni zonda, astonmartin vanquish s and a db9 and a dbr9 (the street model) beat that!

Rockefella
02-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Hmmm, being distrusted by a Scumacher fan! That's never happened to me before.....

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!! I thought it was disgraceful that someone living in London did not know where Surrey was!!

My first car was a Ford Sierra, when I was 17, so to have progressed to an Aston is a bit of an achievement in under 14 years.

At the end of the day, a car is a car, no matter how nice it is. I don't agree with speeding, so what's the point of having a motor that does 190mph when the national speed limit is 70mph?? I had never really cared for flash cars until I saw a DB9 on the road one day. I fell in love with it without knowing what make of car it was, and had to follow it 10 miles out of my way to find out. Then I thought it was going to be really expensive, but I was actually quite surprised by the cost. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be. I have taken it over to Germany a few times to really get the feel of it, but the performance doesn't really do it for me. I just think it's cute!!

I can't understand why people would lie about owning a car. It seems so petty and pointless. I will not be doing an "Egg Nog" or whatever it was, as there doesn't seem to be any point. I didn't come here to brag about my car.
You just suck at life.
I live in Greenwich, 6'bore, which is south of the river. Please buy an AtoZ and improve your local geography!
Are you a moderator at lie.com, I'mFullofBullshit.com, and/or IDon'tOwnanAstonMartin.com?? You lie like a rug.

bah, my onkle have a: ferrari enzo, pagni zonda, astonmartin vanquish s and a db9 and a dbr9 (the street model) beat that!
You also suck at life.

02-05-2005, 07:08 PM

Amazingly he puts up a convincing argument .. more convincing than some fan boys anyways. Hes not coming back so we'll never find out although I have to say, I wouldnt be hugely surprised if he really does have one. Still dont believe him though .. never trust someone from dawn sarf' .. oh sh*t, thats where im from :)

carlover
02-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Oh, really? Your "onkle" has a Zonda? What kind of engine does it have? Transmission? Do you have pictures of it? What's the lisence plate number? Where is the engine loacated? How big are it's wheels? I don't think you even have an "onkle". So shut up.

Matra et Alpine
02-05-2005, 07:17 PM

I had no intention of sticking around long enough to have to 'prove' I own my car!!
It's not personal nicky, or abotu "bragging" ( a DB9 isn't anything THAT special :) )

it's something we ask of all members on UCP with cars.
If you look in the thread "Official UCP ownership challeng" you'll see loads of pics.
It in one simple step has every new member NEVER have to get invovled in debates about whether they do or dont' own a car. Many forusm get bogged down in abuse over those issues. We solve it with one simple request. It's NOT personal.

I hope you do - partly coz want to see the car and find out more about it but ALSO to enable you to stay on UCP without further hassle. It gets a little bit rougher for folks who cant' come up with the simple challenge :)

F1_Master
02-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey, 6'bore, I get the same thing when I let people know what my family in Monaco drive.

Nice car.

But I don't believe Nicky. Although, at least he put up an argument.

Coventrysucks
02-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I think that T-S-E was being sarcastic when he gave that list...

It seems to be the Americans who have missed its expertly subtle deployment. Not.

Its a tricky thing this "Egg Nog challenge". It does shut the pretenders up, but it could also drive away those who may see it as a bit trivial and pointless.

In this instance it seems to have put off this potential source of DB9 pics...

Unlikely though it seems there are people who own nice cars and look on the internet. There have been two McLaren F1 owners posting in forums, we have a Dodge Viper owner. Sometimes the incredulous cries of foul aren't always warranted.

my porsche
02-05-2005, 08:31 PM
i agree with coventry, just lighten up guys, and! we have TWO viper owners! more proof to add

carlover
02-05-2005, 09:41 PM
I think that T-S-E was being sarcastic when he gave that list...
It seems to be the Americans who have missed its expertly subtle deployment. Not.

I've seen my fair share of complete morons on the net. It's hard to know whether someone is just being sarcastic or a jerk/idiot/liar. Or all 4.

02-06-2005, 06:41 AM
I used to post on a forums with a Mclaren F1 owner. It was Rowan Atkinson .. we discussed race tuning 70s saloons .. something hes very into. Someone on the forum actually went to meet him at a track day. The forum kinda died though :(

Cadillac Imaj
02-06-2005, 06:44 AM
DIED???what happened????!!!!i want to visit it!!!

shockwaveracing
02-06-2005, 07:28 AM
Oh, really? Your "onkle" has a Zonda? What kind of engine does it have? Transmission? Do you have pictures of it? What's the lisence plate number? Where is the engine loacated? How big are it's wheels? I don't think you even have an "onkle". So shut up.

i think he was, as us aussies would say, "taking the piss" in other words he was mocking you and any other dumbass silly enough to believe him in a very big way... :p

02-06-2005, 07:32 AM
DIED???what happened????!!!!i want to visit it!!!
The owner didnt have time to run it .. at the end of its life there were barely any members anyway :( They all probably came here ;)

6'bore
02-06-2005, 01:56 PM

Therefore why did you tell us you owned one. and secondly, I won't buy an atlas to see where some ashole lives

Mustang
02-06-2005, 02:21 PM
( a DB9 isn't anything THAT special :) )

No :cried: damn you, damn you to hell :p

Coventrysucks
02-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I've seen my fair share of complete morons on the net. It's hard to know whether someone is just being sarcastic or a jerk/idiot/liar. Or all 4.

You just need a sense of humour.

I wouldn't have thought Rowan would want to frequent any motoring forums, can you imagine the sheer weight of questions he'd get bombarded with.

So many great cars he has owned, driven and stuffed into things...

02-07-2005, 03:47 PM
You just need a sense of humour.

I wouldn't have thought Rowan would want to frequent any motoring forums, can you imagine the sheer weight of questions he'd get bombarded with.

So many great cars he has owned, driven and stuffed into things...
He only came on for a short while asking for help about induction or something .. cant say I was very knowledgable about it so I didnt join in :)

crisis
02-07-2005, 04:45 PM
its not even his, why the egg nog challenge thing
Quite. Lighten up on him. He isnt a noob making outrageous claims. He has a reasonable track record. In any case its no biggy either way.

Manik
02-08-2005, 04:10 PM
The DB9 is an amazing wonder to see at an autoshow or on the road. Does you're uncle have any other exotic cars? If so maybe could you post some pics

6'bore
02-09-2005, 09:49 AM
The DB9 is an amazing wonder to see at an autoshow or on the road. Does you're uncle have any other exotic cars? If so maybe could you post some pics

Unfortunatly not. But if he did they would be straight up on here