PDA

View Full Version : Small scale drifting

McReis
01-10-2005, 06:00 AM
This video is worth a visit.
Drifting was the only thing I could do with my RC Kyosho before the engine got it's piston stuck due to lack of work...
But this guys do it perfectly because they have great engines, gearboxes and AWD. Not me with my perfectly unbalanced Corvette ZR1. Undriveable just like the full-scale.

Check it out:

RC Drifting (http://www.enfreaks.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1105102672&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&)

stratos
01-10-2005, 06:04 AM
mommy ! i want one ! :D

fa22_raptor
01-10-2005, 06:18 AM
Woah, that's some pretty crazy stuff although drifting looks significantly easier than in a real car.

Matra et Alpine
01-10-2005, 06:27 AM
WOW ! That's amazing. Having tried racing R/Cs then that is amazing car control.
Remember that R/C don't normally have handbrake or clutch to help 'fiddle' the rear end out. THAT is a very high level of skill.

spi-ti-tout
01-10-2005, 06:42 AM
That is SWEET!!!

They look like Skyline GT-R's btw :cool:

Fumacher
01-10-2005, 07:03 AM
haha this is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Rockefella
01-10-2005, 11:35 AM
WOW ! That's amazing. Having tried racing R/Cs then that is amazing car control.
Remember that R/C don't normally have handbrake or clutch to help 'fiddle' the rear end out. THAT is a very high level of skill.
Yeah.. the only safe-easy way I was able to get mine 'drifting' were the ice-patches and snow covered parking-lots near my house :cool: Now my car is broken temporarily because I hit a rock, and flipped the car over the kerb into a huge puddle. :(

VtecMini
01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Having raced RC cars briefly a few years ago, I'd say there's something about that which doesn't quite look right. I'm thinking maybe plastic tyres or something. I really can't imagine how else you could get one sliding like that, mine sticks to any surface like glue.

Spastik_Roach
01-10-2005, 01:31 PM
That is so awesome!!

Widsinator
01-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Actually the use PVC tires and AWD cars to do that. I was into RC for a while but my car would run for 10 minute periods of time before it broke so i gave up.

McReis
01-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Having raced RC cars briefly a few years ago, I'd say there's something about that which doesn't quite look right. I'm thinking maybe plastic tyres or something. I really can't imagine how else you could get one sliding like that, mine sticks to any surface like glue.

Thay obviously use plastic tires. But I think it opens a new dimension for what you can do with those cars, because I thin k that what makes RC races a bit boring is the excess of performance from the tires when compared to the weight of the care. The speed they reach is just too much! :)

spi-ti-tout
01-11-2005, 06:31 AM
In any case only very few people know how to do it or even spend so much time on it so by tomorrow it'll probably be forgotten

6'bore
01-11-2005, 09:46 AM
I want one NOW. Thats crazy