PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious game

maric
01-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Ok i dont know if this is aloed on these forums but :p you know things happen, ok has anyone got any info or pics or a specified date for this game to be hitting the stores, i would like to know this is the info i have found out:

Racing game based on the movie franchise. Live a street-racer's life, tuning and racing nitrous-infused custom cars for cash, mods, and credibility through beautifully rendered city streets of Los Angeles. The game features fully licensed vehicles from carmakers like Mitsubishi, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan and other popular "Furious" vehicles from both movies. You can totally customize your cars to build the fastest ride possible, nitrous boosts and all. But, speed is only the beginning -- become immersed in The Fast and the Furious lifestyle as you take on more than 80 story-driven missions that let you build up your reputation and credit on the streets of L.A.

AND SCREENSHOTS:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/482/482843/imgs_1.html

I mean they dont look to good graphics wise but the game looks good for the modding come on post what you know about it

Suposedly they have stopped making it until someone else takes over it e.g another games company but i hope you guys know cause i sure dont

spi-ti-tout
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Spam?

Chill man it's not like you're restricted here or anything. You can say something as long as you don't say it like you want to sell it.

And anyway welcome to UCP

Mattg
01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
welcome :) and that game is just another NFSU replica. It goes along with Juiced and SRS

:Exige:
01-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Those must be the worse graphics ive seen on any game since late 2003. I dont think theyve heard of NOT HAVING PIXELS SPIKING OUT EVERYWHERE WITHOUT MAKING THE GRAPHICS CARD DO IT!

Mustang
01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Urgh! getting sick of these sort of threads

Fast and Furious sucks ass :D

maric
01-10-2005, 01:00 PM
And you say the graphics are bad that is because it has been in the make for about 2 years and they have been holding backk the release dates, and it would be cool if it was like NFSU and SRS, i got a video of SRS it looks amazing ! and does anyone else have any info on this game and thanks spi ti tout i hope to be here for a long time

6'bore
01-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Can't say it looks that good. I don't think that I will be investing in it

Spastik_Roach
01-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Those wheels look absolutely horrible on that DodgE neon!

The game looks like a POS....

Who knows....

Egg Nog
01-10-2005, 01:10 PM
I hope the game includes overnight parts from Japan.

Rockefella
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Fast and Furious along w/ all street racing games suck, but it's your opinion and not mine so think freely.

Rockefella
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
owned :p

Coventrysucks
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I hope the game includes a feature whereby anyone involved in the creation of the films is struck down, never to make another film again.

Mustang
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM

Ah HAHAHAHAHA you cant believe how much i laughed :p

6'bore
01-10-2005, 01:18 PM
theve got the option in the garage. lol. good one egg nog

PsychoChimp22
01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
ROFLMFAO EGGNOG!!!!!

:p:p:p:p

:Exige:
01-10-2005, 01:33 PM
And you say the graphics are bad that is because it has been in the make for about 2 years and they have been holding backk the release dates, and it would be cool if it was like NFSU and SRS, i got a video of SRS it looks amazing ! and does anyone else have any info on this game and thanks spi ti tout i hope to be here for a long time
Cough .. 2 years? Take in mind NFSU took half that and has much better graphics in 800x600 .. whoever is developing this game is .. how do you say it .. sh*t. They should go back to making office games for estate agents.

But everyone knows it wont be good at all unless everything goes blurry when you go fast. What do you call it? Oh, I remember .. the engine setting alight ;)

Cotterik
01-10-2005, 03:15 PM
however long its taken to make, those graphics are no excuse, theyr appaling. Who knows, it could play like a dream, but the likelyhood is that it will just be yet another street racing game.

kko
01-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Srs was total crap, i rented it once. And the gameplay was horrble. The graphics were good but they made every road shiny as hell.

shr0olvl
01-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Srs was total crap, i rented it once. And the gameplay was horrble. The graphics were good but they made every road shiny as hell.

yeah, i got that game thinking it was going to be good, but i thought wrong and found out it sucked. First it was to easy, and it didn't have that much of a selection of cars, and the videos with the chicks were just retarded and useless :p

oh yea, and you could only get like one body kit per car that wasnt even that good and the RX7 sucked on that game. Everytime you took a turn it would just spin out. I think the fastest car on that game was either the EVO or the WRX ( cant remember ) when modded all the way, could do 0-60 in 2 seconds...

man 430gt
01-11-2005, 12:11 PM
It's a bit late now isn't it? I mean need for speed underground 2 and midnight club 2 have come/or coming. :confused:

Tuscan666
01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Think i will stick with the great, god-like GT3 :)

SlickHolden
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I herd about this game over 12months ago, What took so long:p
And really if it is a copy of NFSU then you could also say that NFSU is a copy of The Fast and Furious ;)

maric
01-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Lol thanks for the posative reply :mad: only joking

I meant it has been goin for 2 years ( I think ) because no one has taken over the game after the first people just stoped making it, and they are then waiting for further people to take over, Ok i heard that i dont know if it is true but i do know the game has been deleyad since 2003!

85RX7
01-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Now thats a game to count off my list.

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Lol thanks for the posative reply :mad: only joking

I meant it has been goin for 2 years ( I think ) because no one has taken over the game after the first people just stoped making it, and they are then waiting for further people to take over, Ok i heard that i dont know if it is true but i do know the game has been deleyad since 2003!
Maybe because it sucks? Get a life ricer.

F1_Master
01-11-2005, 04:04 PM
That game's been in development for more years than needed. I heard about that 2 months after the F&F movie. Its now...what? 3-5 years since F&F 1, and that game is just now going to be released.

Don't care. Bad graphics as well. Rip off of Midnight Club's free drive, modding options off of SRS, and all around racing off NFS:U2. Mixing different things from different games isn't easy, and this game didn't make the cut.

Esperante
01-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Go buy Forza.

shr0olvl
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Go buy Forza.

imma buy that game right when it comes out, i already know its probably going to be awesome but it doesnt come out till like april :mad:

16-4Veyron
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
imma buy that game right when it comes out, i already know its probably going to be awesome but it doesnt come out till like april :mad:

Same here, its like a GT game for XboX, something ive been waiting for all to long. :)

16-4Veyron
01-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Why would anybody want to buy this ricer-shit game... its even worse that its for PS2 becuase then its gonna get the Hip-Hop publicity from shows like Cribs and Pimp my Ride, if it was on XboX they would sell like 6 copies. :p

BTW: Who likes the new icon :cool:

Spastik_Roach
01-11-2005, 10:22 PM
That game's been in development for more years than needed. I heard about that 2 months after the F&F movie. Its now...what? 3-5 years since F&F 1, and that game is just now going to be released.

Don't care. Bad graphics as well. Rip off of Midnight Club's free drive, modding options off of SRS, and all around racing off NFS:U2. Mixing different things from different games isn't easy, and this game didn't make the cut.

Every car driving game ripped free drive off Midtown Madness. Midtown Madness was THE Original free drive game.

Slicks
01-12-2005, 01:40 AM
I played a "Fast and the Furious" arcade game not too long ago at the movie theature, i couldnt resist, it was just too funny. What are they brainwashing these kids into? They had FWD cars poping wheelies and doing firey rear wheel burnouts. They had non-turbo cars with the blow off valve sound every time you switch gears (not when you get off the gas though.) After you pick your car you get to pick one "upgrade", the choises were something like: engine, bodykit, neon lights, wheels, suspension.
This game was a complete joke! (hehe, thats why i had to try it.) Graphics were bad, game play was really bad, and even sound was under par for a cheapo racing game.

clutch-monkey
01-12-2005, 01:52 AM
well its a videogame cash in on a license, so its already under average, and then the license is the fast and the furious, which just makes it worse :)

6'bore
01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
lol. The selling point

'' Real cars. Real parts. real location. Real attidudes'' Trust me on this one none of its fake

rusty-21
04-10-2005, 03:22 AM
does anyone know when the fast and the furious game is coming out in the UK? cos last time i saw the game was in a spanish magazine and i really want it out here really crap that you cant play american games on english ps2s :(

Delmaster
04-10-2005, 06:41 AM
crap that you cant play american games on english ps2s :(

sure?
why is it that way?

rusty-21
04-10-2005, 10:25 AM
dunno just is to be able to play them you have 2 get ur ps2 chipped or sumin

clutch-monkey
04-11-2005, 01:32 AM
sure?
why is it that way?
the same reason american TV's don't work on UK/Australia. america is NTSC, whereas UK is PAL. different zones to prevent pirating (i think). anyway uk gamers can import games from australia, as we usually get them before the UK, because of the translation work needed to release a game in europe.

rusty-21
04-11-2005, 01:45 AM
fast and furious game has been cancelled :( we should all be sad for this as it would have been SUCH a good game :(

LTT
04-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Go buy Forza.

Agreed. I cannot wait for that game.