PDA

View Full Version : First Try at Brushing

Widsinator
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Well this is my first try and i cannot say that i am happy. I dunno if i am completley missing something but i am having trouble brushing straight, getting the right colors, and a smooth fade of colors. I really want C and C on this and tips would be appreciated.

CdocZ
01-11-2005, 06:18 PM
maybe its cause i know about as much about chopping as i know the president of uzbekistan personally, but id say it looks pretty good......

85RX7
01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
It does look quite good. As you said this is your first time! With in 3-4 more tries you will be busting out the bug guns. It really does look good tho.

Widsinator
01-11-2005, 06:48 PM
THanks, but its things like if you look at the bottom of the sideskirt the shadow is all choppay and the same with alot of the shadows, but maybe its not as bad as i thought. I am a perfectionest though so i guess that doesnt help.

85RX7
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
what do you use to shadow it? The burn tool? if so i can help.

85RX7
01-11-2005, 06:55 PM
just found a small mistake, the bottom vent on the far side isnt even to its oposite. Its forgiveable tho:p

illusionest
01-11-2005, 07:03 PM
not bad, there r different ways for making shadows, burn tool isnt always the best way ;)
great for a 1st, brushing Does take a long time. :)
very nice

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 07:28 PM
not bad, there r different ways for making shadows, burn tool isnt always the best way ;)
great for a 1st, brushing Does take a long time. :)
very nice
I thought it was... the paintbrush is pretty good, but burn seems more efficient to me when you mess w/ exposures and stuff. explain guru illu.

illusionest
01-11-2005, 08:46 PM
ok, if u use a really intense red, (see attached file) different tones will come up

sample-1
i used dodge brush on the top left hand corner, and it turned ...purple?
i used burn tool at the bottom right hand corner, but its red-orange

sample-2
i used a dark grey brush and changed it to 'lighten', the same corner turned pink-ish (good thing) , imo a lighter red.
i used a light grey brush and changed it to 'multiply', the same corner turned straight into a dark red, no repeating burn tool needed.

try it urself! :)

illusionest
01-11-2005, 08:56 PM
NOTE: depends what color it is! it might not be red! red is just a good example
so becareful when u use burn tool, if it screws up, u might wanna reconsider
but always try burn tool before brush

Blitz_
01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
what shape was the brush, circle??

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 09:06 PM
ok, if u use a really intense red, (see attached file) different tones will come up

sample-1
i used dodge brush on the top left hand corner, and it turned ...purple?
i used burn tool at the bottom right hand corner, but its red-orange

sample-2
i used a dark grey brush and changed it to 'lighten', the same corner turned pink-ish (good thing) , imo a lighter red.
i used a light grey brush and changed it to 'multiply', the same corner turned straight into a dark red, no repeating burn tool needed.

try it urself! :)
What exposure you have the dodge/burn tool on? if you put it at like 15% I think you can achieve the results you have in the second pic, or the first, don't recall which one was the correct one.

illusionest
01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
blitz = yes, the brush is circle lol
rockefella = exposure stays at 50% always, for me that is

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
blitz = yes, the brush is circle lol
rockefella = exposure stays at 50% always, for me that is
oh ok... at around 20 percent or so, you can get a lighter red instead of that pink and at 75% you get that burnt red look. It's all the same, but it just depends on how ya use it.

illusionest
01-11-2005, 09:18 PM
yah, the grey theory was more technical and logical i guess..
both still good. :)

but overall, its always the same thing, "practise makes perfect" :p