PDA

View Full Version : Ford/Shelby AC COBRA !

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Now when i posted up my AC cobra... i was challenged to the egg nogg test.
So i went down to garage and took photos of my name on a paper.... stuck not only on the gear shifter BUT ! nearly everywhere else on the car soooo ENJOY these ppl :D :D
P.S Note the vortech supercharger in the corner there.... :D 11psi of boost

johnnynumfiv
01-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Awesome car man!
What kind of power is that thing making?

Egg Nog
Awesome!

Moving to Users' Rides.

KeRmIt
I have a few more pics to add... one on the front badge, one in the boot (snap on blanket hehehe), and one under the number plate :D
Cheers i hope you all belive me now

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
The car hasnt actually been dyno'd yet. Im going to rebuild the motor as its having some overheating problems... im aiming for 500-580 HP @ wheels after the rebuild (same setup with blower etc. just new motor) :D enjoyy

Egg Nog
01-11-2005, 08:12 PM
The car hasnt actually been dyno'd yet. Im going to rebuild the motor as its having some overheating problems... im aiming for 500-580 HP @ wheels after the rebuild (same setup with blower etc. just new motor) :D enjoyy

It's having heating problems, so you're doing an engine rebuild?!

Don't you think you should experiment with a better radiator first?

By the way, please tell us more about this car. When/where did you get it, who built the engine, etc. :)

Thanks!

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Well its got a brand new radiator (aluminium and a custom built intercooler) ud think that would stop the problem completely BUT it didnt :( ive replaced the head gaskets once already (before the cooler/radiator) it stopped for a while but started again i belive its a cracked head. The motor is a 351 im rebuilding the motor because im not entirely happy with it. The car runs carby with a blower which isnt bad but ive heard blowers like injection better then carby for some reason. another reason to rebuild it is it was built by the person i bought the car off. I dont know whats in the motor in the bottom end (eg.cam) I have no idea what cam is in it or anything in the bottom end for that matter so im just going to pull it out and rebuild. im limited for space in the bay so ill probably hav another 351. If i watch the motor being built etc and i play a part in it ill feel more comfortable about it and what it can do and handle.

CdocZ
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
dude.......no...too cool to be true. thats insane....thats also very very VERY COOL!!!!!!

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:34 PM
thanks, i bought the car 2 years ago in australia for a price in the $50 thousand mark
i really love this car and will continue to post more pics of it when i take some new ones. It runs working side pipes that are about 3 n a half inch wide and a tremek 5 speed trans. Im looking to change the brakes and suspension on the car. My intentions are to build a circuit/street car that is both fast and nice to drive. :D

CdocZ
01-11-2005, 08:38 PM
one slight problem kermit.....i dont really want pics that much. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats beyond crazy and amazingly cool.......dam man! do me a favor, and just record its engine revs or something? love muscle cars and their engines (and engine sounds too).

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
one slight problem kermit.....i dont really want pics that much. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! thats beyond crazy and amazingly cool.......dam man! do me a favor, and just record its engine revs or something? love muscle cars and their engines (and engine sounds too).

Ok oK ill tell you what next time i take it out for a drive... ill record the engine sound for you and ill post it onto users rides hows that ? i can tell you love muscle cars so i can do that for you no problems !

CdocZ
01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
dude........you are awesome. also, your car is awesome, and, kermits right foot? have a good time! :p

johnnynumfiv
01-11-2005, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=KeRmIt]The car runs carby with a blower which isnt bad but ive heard blowers like injection better then carby for some reason. QUOTE]

I think this is because the carbs gets a little unbalanced with the change of pressure form the blowers.

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I think this is because the carbs gets a little unbalanced with the change of pressure form the blowers.[/QUOTE]

yes thats what ive been told aswell iva had to put heavier springs on the carby to pull back the accelerator as it was holding the revs up after i stop accelerating, i belive te boost pressure was holding the carby open maybe an improved wastegate/bov would fix it but ehh tempted to rebuild and pull more horses !

Rockefella
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
You are one lucky mo'fo.. Hurry up and tune your suspension and get some cross-drilled disks all-around. :) Then show us the videos of the car around a track. ;)

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 09:14 PM
:D i cant wait theres an AC cobra car club meet in australia umm some time in september ill be there with the cam takin vid and fotos ill post them soon as maybe even a video of it goin round the track ! hahaha cant wait :D

KeRmIt
01-11-2005, 09:15 PM
but i will post more pics and a video of it on the street some time soon for sure !

Spastik_Roach
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow man, thats one kick ass car! I'm sure I speak on be half of all of us when I say lets see more pics! :D

man 430gt
01-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Cool car man!

Matra et Alpine
01-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Nice car, is it an American build AC or a UK build AC ?
Anything changed from standard on the chassis/suspension ??

KeRmIt
01-12-2005, 10:27 PM
The car is and australian build :D DRB chassis im not sure what suspension is on it now but i will doing KONI suspension soon. also brand new brakes probably brembo.
The car was built by a former formula ford racer and i purchased the car off him the way it is. ive added a few minor mods like intercooler/radiator and a new ignition system, new seats and rebuilt the carby as it was having problems. all in all thats about it :D

fpv_gtho
01-12-2005, 10:48 PM
So then its a replica then, aw well still good :p

Have you thought about upgrading the transmission? Something like a T-56 would go nice trying to tame 500-580rwhp

taz_rocks_miami
01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Awsome car KeRmIt, take good care of er' :)

Matra et Alpine
01-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Ouch, 20K GB pounds for a Cobra kit is steep for over here :(
Guess there aren't many in Australia and they can charge more.
What donor is used for suspension and drivetrain ?
Sweet car tho' what are you planning to do ? Any racing, trackday or road rallying ? Or just for "cruisin" :)

Mustang
01-13-2005, 12:33 PM
road rallying ?:)

wow now that would be something to see :D

great car man any external pics ?

Matra et Alpine
01-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Nothing of mine and no hi res. Sorry :(
http://www.theautochannel.com/publications/magazines/sci/dec-jan-97/pg78-top.jpg
Closest we've got in the series we compete in is a Sylva Fury and YES he takes it on the forest stages !!!!

SIMPLETON
01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Whats that odd little scoop afew inches forward the boot?

clutch-monkey
01-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Ouch, 20K GB pounds for a Cobra kit is steep for over here :(
Guess there aren't many in Australia and they can charge more.

maybe they're just better quality over here ;) :p
remember its significantly cheaper if you build them yourself.

6'bore
01-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Very nice car. Where do you get your money from. You must have a very good job

aNOBLEman
01-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I knew it had forced induction from the close-up picture of the engine in the thread you made in Classic Cars. :)