PDA

View Full Version : Hello - 1st post and pics of my car (05 STi)

MinnesotaSTi
01-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi all, I just stumbled across this forum when I was on gtplanet.net (a site devoted to Gran Turismo). It was mentioned by a user there by the name of McLaren F1GTR. I'm not sure if he goes by the same name here, but nonetheless Hello to everyone - I look foreward to browsing around and learning a lot from everyone.

Here are some pics of my car - I would go out and take a pic of the shift knob with my name written on a peice of paper but it's too darn cold right now....maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: my car has mille miglia gunmetal rims and wintersport M3's on right now..these were taken during the 3 weeks of summer we get here in Minnesota.

Spastik_Roach
01-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Nice car you got there mate! Eagerly awaiting the Egg Nog Proof!

derekthetree
01-14-2005, 01:26 AM
very pretty car, nice to see an impreza that isn't blue! welcome to UCP

@wall
01-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Ace car mate, and I got to say some nice photography especially the second shot. Welocme to UCP look forward to more pics and stories about your car!

henk4
01-14-2005, 01:42 AM
welcome to UCP

r1ckst4
01-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Lucky you! i believe it's yours... but if i was to get one.. i'd get one in blue :) the subaru colour. Just like ferraris with red. they'r meant to be in that colour.

But of course if i had the money i wouldnt get that... i'd get one of the EVO8 FQ's :D but i dont have money so :( :p

EDIT: by the way... welcome to UCP!

drakkie
01-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Welcome to UCP !I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do..

fa22_raptor
01-14-2005, 09:32 AM
That's one SEXY car! Most cars look awesome in black. Welcome! :D

6'bore
01-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome, and have fun

man 430gt
01-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum, pretty sure you'll enjoy your time here;)

6'bore
01-14-2005, 11:07 AM
That is a very nice car too

nopassn
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Welcome to UCP, and nice car. A coworker of mine has an '04 WRX STI. His is silver, his is all stock except the exhaust, got some fancy exhaust on it from the turbo back... hella sweet cars.

MinnesotaSTi
01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the replies guys - thought I'd answer a few questions:

- I wanted to get an Evo8 MR, but Mitsu was rumored to be pulling out of the US market, and I wanted to have a warranty that I could count on

- I love the car in black, but it looks like crap continuously during the winter here (pics to follow). I love the WRC, but I had already seen 3-4 blue STi's in my area, so I wanted something different.

- I have kept my car completely stock other than tinting the windows because of the rumors about Subaru voiding warranties - I guess it can have a lot of boost creep if you add aftermarket exhaust too.

- One day, when I gradueate law school, I will buy a civic for my daily driver and pimp this car out....but for now she's my daily driver and she has to be reliable.

- I have taken it up to Brainerd International Raceway to drive around the track a couple times....it power understeers like crazy because of the LSD, but it stops on a dime and is generally a great car for the track.

Mattg
01-14-2005, 01:42 PM
cool car and welcome:) My dads from minnesota. I heard lots of people up there are Part-Norwegian

Quiggs
01-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Very nice car. Welcome aboard. :)

Side note: Subaru would have to prove beyond doubt that any aftermarket parts caused a problem. They can't just not honor a warranty repair on say, window regulators, because you have an aftermarket exhaust.

That said, 300hp is good enough for a daily driver, and you picked a very nice color. I would've picked the Aspen White. But I'm just tired of the blue. :)

Lagonda
01-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Just like ferraris with red. they'r meant to be in that colour.

No, they are not.

Cotterik
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Wow i bet thats a dream to thrash around Minnesota :D If i had that car, i dont think id ever be on the internet lol

6'bore
01-15-2005, 04:06 AM
No, they are not.

They look better in blue and its more commen to see them im blue. Just like ferrari's in red

Lagonda
01-15-2005, 08:38 AM
They look better in blue and its more commen to see them im blue. Just like ferrari's in red
Yep, you mostly see red Ferrari's but that still doesn't make that it's the colour they are supposed to be in. ;)

MinnesotaSTi
01-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's the UCP proof pic and a pic showing why it's a bad idea to have a black car in Minnesota:

johnnynumfiv
01-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Nice car there man, wrx's are awesome cars, was in one going around newhampshire international speed way, just great performance. Thats a nice color combo with the interior. Welcome to UCP.

Quiggs
01-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Dirty cars are hotter than clean cars.

Niko_Fx
01-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Nice car, hope you stay around and share with us more pics and if possible some videos of that beast.

Welcome to UCP :)

MR CV8-R
01-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Very Nice

Rockefella
01-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Nice car, I can only imagine the kind of fun you have in that thing in the middle of a good ol' Minnesota snow storm. Welcome to UCP.

MinnesotaSTi
01-15-2005, 11:16 PM
So far there has only been an ice storm. I can't wait to rally around after a big snowfall either. The winter tires suck as far as cornering and braking, but they are supposed to be decent in the snow and excellent on ice.

The MN quattro club does ice racing I think, and I may or may not try my skill with that. I will be doing some SCCA events at Brainerd Int'l Raceway this summer. I will get video of that for sure, and hopefully I'll get some vids of me clowning around this winter too.

Also, if anyone has a car with low clearance I recently purchased some ramps for changing oil that are low-profile. You can get them at www.griotsgarage.com

Quiggs
01-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I will get video of that for sure, and hopefully I'll get some vids of me clowning around this winter too.
Snow donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

6'bore
01-16-2005, 02:14 PM
This really is a nice car. I saw basically the same one today at a place called 'carcraft' in liverpool. In black with gold wheels. Very very nice