PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic ad

McReis
01-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Polo bomb jacket (http://www.student.kun.nl/h.huijbers/pics/VW_20_b3.mov)

Fumacher
01-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Lol!!!

paul
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
ha ha love it!

it might not get shown because of the ofence it may cause to some people

McReis
01-20-2005, 12:53 PM
ha ha love it!

it might not get shown because of the ofence it may cause to some people

For what I understood I think is hasn't gone to TV. Anyway, I think this is a little smart though perverse way of get it going that brands use nowadays when they know they'd face problems on TV. Ford has made it with the series of ad's from "Ka's Evil Twin". Organizations that work for the animal rights have made a fuss about it, but Ford marketing dep. stated they didn't wanted the ad to be passed and that it was someone else's fault. They got away with it.

paul
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
yea fair enough but thats animal rights lol kind of different to human type

just relating to the far east and all the problems they are having with suiside bombers at the moment, i really doubt it will get shown

McReis
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
yea fair enough but thats animal rights lol kind of different to human type

just relating to the far east and all the problems they are having with suiside bombers at the moment, i really doubt it will get shown

I doubt too, but until know it's working. We've seen it allready and loved it! ;)
Great creative work.

Rockefella
01-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Fantastic, it's obviously not going to be shown but a marketing genius over at VW prob. did this similarly to the Ford Ka add, knowing it'll spread. :)

P3RG4R3C
01-20-2005, 01:43 PM
ROFL!!!!

carlover
01-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh man, That's hilariuos! :D

ScionDriver
01-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Its funny, but I think if they show it during hours when there are younger viewers, they will find it funny, we find it funny but you know there are always conservatives running about.

SPHFerrari
01-20-2005, 04:20 PM
haha. at first i was lie, what did he do. i dont understand.

and then i was like OHHHHHHHHH:D:D thats pretty good. funny :D

and then i was like, wait a minute, thats pretty bad you cant make jokes about that sorta stuff.

but then i was like w/e its funny as f**k:D:D

Matra et Alpine
01-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I think we're going to see more and more of these.
The internet is allowing the advertisers to really appeal to groups without having the moral minority dragging them through courts !!
Like the BMW ads with the cars racing through city streets. Advertising standards specifically prevent them from airing on TV and in cineams, so BMW did the logical thing.
I love it. Lets me see the expression of great ideas in the freedom of my home :)

carlover
01-20-2005, 07:47 PM
I think we're going to see more and more of these.
The internet is allowing the advertisers to really appeal to groups without having the moral minority dragging them through courts !!
Like the BMW ads with the cars racing through city streets. Advertising standards specifically prevent them from airing on TV and in cineams, so BMW did the logical thing.
I love it. Lets me see the expression of great ideas in the freedom of my home :)
Do you have the video for the BMW add?

Matra et Alpine
01-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Do you have the video for the BMW add?
Yes, but they're over 700Mb total.
Too good a quality and too long to cut up into UCP-sized chunks :(
Can't remember the site, it was an official BMW one.
If you can't find it, then I can send them via messegner if you want.

johnnyperl
01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
are you taling about The Hire series?
those are great, especially the one with the bhudda child and the one with madonna.
i got those on DVD for free!

Matra et Alpine
01-23-2005, 01:06 PM
are you taling about The Hire series?
those are great, especially the one with the bhudda child and the one with madonna.
i got those on DVD for free!
THansk Johnny, that's the site.

They really are great films and the "making of" is really interesting and explains how come it looks like an actor is driving so good :)

www.bmwfilms.com