PDA

View Full Version : Forza not as realistic as we think! Straight from Mirosoft website!

Pimp racer
01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
I am not trying to say that GT4 or any game is better or worse then Forza I am just trying to say this is funny and a really really dumb mistake on the Microsoft peoples side! Once again please dont think I am trying to flame you Xbox owners or anything I am just pointing something out! [/size]

Each car in Forza Motorsport is modeled to accurately simulate real-life performance and will include a feature car enthusiasts have craved since the inception of video game driving simulators…damage. When gamers scrape the wall at more than 100 mph, the resulting damage will accurately affect the both the look and performance of their car – just like in real life.

LMAO!

THIS IS WHERE I GOT THE QUOTE FROM - http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7475/Microsoft-Announces-Unprecedented-Fleet-for-Forza-Motorsport/%22

QUOTE from a friend from another board -

If you scrape the wall at more than 100mph in real life, it's unlikely there will be enough left of your car to have the look and performance affected...

:lol:BUT other then this I am sure it will be a great game.

PsychoChimp22
01-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Im still not getting the significance of this... or the "LMAO" part...

carlover
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I am not trying to say that GT4 or any game is better or worse then Forza I am just trying to say this is funny and a really really dumb mistake on the Microsoft peoples side! Once again please dont think I am trying to flame you Xbox owners or anything I am just pointing something out! [/size]
Each car in Forza Motorsport is modeled to accurately simulate real-life performance and will include a feature car enthusiasts have craved since the inception of video game driving simulators…damage. When gamers scrape the wall at more than 100 mph, the resulting damage will accurately affect the both the look and performance of their car – just like in real life.
LMAO!
THIS IS WHERE I GOT THE QUOTE FROM - http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7475/Microsoft-Announces-Unprecedented-Fleet-for-Forza-Motorsport/%22
QUOTE from a friend from another board - :lol:BUT other then this I am sure it will be a great game.
So if you're going 170 mph in an S7 and you hit a wall you're car gets destroyed and your out of the race? Seems like a bad idea on microsofts part. The only people who will be able to play the game effectively will be racecar drivers! :rolleyes:

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-20-2005, 08:01 PM
At least the cars get damaged, unlike the entire GT series.

Pimp racer
01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
At least the cars get damaged, unlike the entire GT series.

Yeah thats true but I was thinking what good is it if its unreal?

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Well, in GT, if I slam the wall at 150 MPH, I can keep going. Even though it's as crappy of a "sim" as ever, at least in Colin McRae Rally 3 I lose half my car when I hit the wall at nearly 90 MPH or take a jump too fast. (I still remember the jump I took on the Austrailia stage, doors and hood flying open, front bumper and the right fender are gone, left front fender and rear bumper held on by a bolt, and the exhaust was in the red by the end of the rally.)

Smokescreen
01-20-2005, 08:21 PM
GT is made for people whole DON'T hit the wall. I think that's the big difference.

F1_Master
01-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Pimp, no offense, but the key word is scraped. Not smash.

Scraping means your cars side scraps the wall while driving parallel to it.

fpv_gtho
01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
GT is made for people whole DON'T hit the wall. I think that's the big difference.

I must go against the target GT buyer then :p i dont really give a crap what i hit when i play usually, ALTHOUGH, yes you do go faster if you keep it on the track :p

Rockefella
01-20-2005, 09:27 PM
And this is a bad thing. Big thumbs up to Forza for including this, but I think there should be an option to turn damage off and make the physics on the car less harsh. Sure, it'll make cars look shitty and screw with performance but if that's what it takes to drive the car ON the track instead of gliding against walls like in GT, then I don't care. I'll have both games anyway so it'll be fun experimenting w/ both. :)

PsychoChimp22
01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Meah, im still gonna buy it... sounds fun.

clutch-monkey
01-20-2005, 09:39 PM
And this is a bad thing. Big thumbs up to Forza for including this, but I think there should be an option to turn damage off and make the physics on the car less harsh. Sure, it'll make cars look shitty and screw with performance but if that's what it takes to drive the car ON the track instead of gliding against walls like in GT, then I don't care. I'll have both games anyway so it'll be fun experimenting w/ both. :)

i think novices can get 'driver assists' (whatever that is) to help prevent them crashing until they get skilled enough - you earn more points with them off.

Pimp racer
01-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey Pimp, no offense, but the key word is scraped. Not smash.

Scraping means your cars side scraps the wall while driving parallel to it.

Yeah but even if you do scrape the wall you will lose control.

F1_Master
01-21-2005, 04:16 PM
And some times you won't.

In the demo, I was pushed into the wall by the 360 Modean. My Porsche scraped the wall at 130Mph. I managed to escape with my pain gone.

SIMPLETON
01-21-2005, 04:51 PM
The problems dont stop with damage. The track on the demo is Laguna Seca. I couldnt believe it when I saw it, the Crokscrew is almost FLAT!