PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Painterr

Mattg
01-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Does anyone know what happened to painterr?

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 06:20 AM
He's with the apostrophe?

Mattg
01-21-2005, 06:21 AM
Whats that ?

Esperante
01-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Hahaha...

CdocZ
01-21-2005, 07:05 AM
lol. he probably left ucp, or is taking a break or something. lotta people do that (alot never even post once, and just take up room)

Cadillac Cien
01-21-2005, 07:45 AM
i've gotta agree...but i'd hope he'll come back...coz the more the merrier

UCR
01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
He couldnt be arsed setting up the comps anymore so he did a runner.

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Whats that ?

It's that small bit of punctuation missing from your contractions. :)

spi-ti-tout
01-21-2005, 01:57 PM
He couldnt be arsed setting up the comps anymore so he did a runner.
Gets my vote for the most probably right person in this thread :)

Esperante
01-21-2005, 03:45 PM
In short, he got pissed off when he realized that UCP had gotten so stiff that he couldn't post more than 4 inline images, so he left.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11034

Spastik_Roach
01-21-2005, 04:14 PM
He went off to stay at Hotel California

:D

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 04:18 PM
He got in a huff because he couldn't post more than 4 pictures at a time, or embed anything bigger than 800x600, despite those being the rules of the forums.

Despite the fact that he seemed to be the only member affected with the mysterious problem of not being able to attach images, he blamed UCP and its operating staff.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the inline image size has been decreed to be a max of 800x600 - as the large files slow down page loading times for those that do not have broadband. And the large images also mess up the display for those that are running a small screen/low-res monitor...

I don't know what the problem is quite frankly.
- You can embed any images in your post so long as they are less than 800x600, as prescribed by the rules, which are there for a good reason.

If the image is more than 800x600:
- Attach the files
- Use a link to the file

Wow! So simple...

Esperante
01-21-2005, 07:23 PM
At the time he left, restrictions were in place that said, when you posted more than 4 inline images, it would prompt you with 'You have too many images in your post. Please reduce the amount' or something of the like. Shortly after that post, and Painterr's leaving, the problem was fixed.

taz_rocks_miami
01-21-2005, 07:29 PM
As long as we're asking about people. Does anyone know what's happened to jcp123 and Blue Supra?

Esperante
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Whoa-they really are gone! I didn't notice that. But Coventrysucks initiated a rule that means you will get a
bannination
if you asked why others where banned, supposing they were (which I doubt).

My guess is they just don't have time. I find it hard myself to find time to visit the boards.

Mattg
01-21-2005, 07:43 PM
jcp's banned :(

Esperante
01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
jcp's banned :(
That sucks. :(

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Whoa-they really are gone! I didn't notice that. But Coventrysucks initiated a rule that means you will get a
bannination
if you asked why others where banned, supposing they were (which I doubt).

I did mean that as a joke, seeing as there seemed to be a rash of "why does x not work properly?" and "why has this person got 0 posts, but they've made a post?" type threads from new members.

They are pretty simple questions, that don't really affect anyone. Sort of like the answer to the question nobody asked, but more a question that nobody cared about.

It isn't actually a rule, and I haven't actually banned anyone for "asking the wrong questions", nor do I intend to.

taz_rocks_miami
01-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I did mean that as a joke, seeing as there seemed to be a rash of "why does x not work properly?" and "why has this person got 0 posts, but they've made a post?" type threads from new members.

They are pretty simple questions, that don't really affect anyone. Sort of like the answer to the question nobody asked, but more a question that nobody cared about.

It isn't actually a rule, and I haven't actually banned anyone for "asking the wrong questions", nor do I intend to.

That's good to know :) I'm surprised jcp is banned. It must be a long one since I haven't seen him here for about 20 days. What the hell did he do? It must have been pretty bad if he was banned for a long time. What about Blue? Any idea were he is?

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 08:48 PM
JCP?

Remind me again exactly who we are talking about...
The only members I could find are jcp123 and liljcp890, neither of whom are banned.

taz_rocks_miami
01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
JCP?

Remind me again exactly who we are talking about...
The only members I could find are jcp123 and liljcp890, neither of whom are banned.

jcp123, if he's not banned guess he just hasn't posted. Too bad, he knows a lot about classic cars.

d-quik
01-22-2005, 04:21 PM
jcp123, if he's not banned guess he just hasn't posted. Too bad, he knows a lot about classic cars.yeah but he was so bloody arrogant torwards modern cars, you have to admit.

Karrmann
01-22-2005, 04:26 PM
well, accually, Blue supra is acting like he was when he first joined- only coming on every once and a while, he's still posting, but he is ilke Nogger and Hloem De Genaro, only visiting every once and a while and not posting a lot anymore.

but hey!, I can now surpass him in post count lol :D :D :D

also did you ever notice that MclareN is not visiting or posting much anymore.

carlover
01-22-2005, 04:27 PM
but hey!, I can now surpass him in post count lol :D :D :D

Ugh. Does really matter if you have more posts then everybody else on the site? :rolleyes:

Karrmann
01-22-2005, 04:51 PM
errm, yes?

lol:D:D:D

Mustang
01-22-2005, 04:58 PM
errm, yes?

lol:D:D:D

*said in darth vader voice*

Foolish Mortal

Mattg
01-22-2005, 05:27 PM
I thought JCP was the same guy as Adrian which were both banned a while ago:confused:

taz_rocks_miami
01-22-2005, 08:07 PM
yeah but he was so bloody arrogant torwards modern cars, you have to admit.

I wouldn't say arrogant but "closed off to" modern cars. Classic cars are great but many modern cars are more than worth it too. It's a shame he's blind to that.

Cadillac Cien
01-22-2005, 08:47 PM
nope.....adrian's banned forever,by matra.

NoOne
01-23-2005, 03:50 AM
nope.....adrian's banned forever,by matra.
adrian is permanently banned, but it was not Matra ... perhaps if you are not sure you should not post a name.

Cadillac Cien
01-23-2005, 03:52 AM
oh......if it isnt matra then it must be u,right???but i dont mind

Karrmann
01-23-2005, 05:07 AM
mods can't ban people, admins do, so it probilly was TrueChaoZ who banned him.

NoOne
01-23-2005, 05:26 AM
oh......if it isnt matra then it must be u,right???but i dont mind
Nope, not me either, and I don't think it necessary to get into who did ban him, I think if he was banned it was with reason (as we are a pretty tolerrant and relaxed group).

NoOne
01-23-2005, 05:29 AM
mods can't ban people, admins do, so it probilly was TrueChaoZ who banned him.
Where do you get your info?

Mods CAN ban people and we do not need to seek out permission from the admins to do so ..... care for a demonstration? ;) :D

Karrmann
01-23-2005, 06:36 AM
another mod told me that only admins can ban people.

NoOne
01-23-2005, 06:39 AM
another mod told me that only admins can ban people.
I think you must have understood incorrectly ... either that or your chain was pulled ;) .

man 430gt
01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
lol. he probably left ucp, or is taking a break or something. lotta people do that (alot never even post once, and just take up room)
Yeah, thts what normally happenes, but it really annoys me:@

6'bore
01-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, thts what normally happenes, but it really annoys me:@

I really can't see why. And its not as if you have been here all that long, together with me.

dydzi
01-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Nope, not me either, and I don't think it necessary to get into who did ban him, I think if he was banned it was with reason (as we are a pretty tolerrant and relaxed group).

akhem, if you didn't realise already, actually cadillac cien is adrian :rolleyes:

Cadillac Cien
01-24-2005, 07:24 PM
well,i already said that to all of them.
and,well,who are the admins??????
and the mods???
but i cant put the same avatar anymore coz its too big in size lol

CdocZ
01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
well,i already said that to all of them.
and,well,who are the admins??????
and the mods???
but i cant put the same avatar anymore coz its too big in size lol
the admin/mods are kinda obvious. just under your name, if it says "moderator" or something related (space moderator), they are most likely a mod......

Cadillac Cien
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
oic.....
b ut the admins???

Rockefella
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
oic.....
b ut the admins???
an admin is a mod. Well, not really, but they have about the same powers. Wouter is the BIG admin, TrueChaoz does the programming and such, and I think there is 1 other big admin... maybe Henk's alter ego.

Cadillac Cien
01-24-2005, 07:33 PM
i dont geddit......
pls do me a favour and list those admins and mods down here,please??;-)

Coventrysucks
01-24-2005, 07:33 PM
an admin is a mod.
I'm not admin...

IIRC only TrueChaoZ and Wouter are admin, they have "The Power".

Mods include such luminary figures as:
<AAA-MOD>
CoventrySucks
crisis
Egg Nog
Falcon500
IBrake4Rainbows
Matt
Matra et Alpine
megotmea7
Niko_Fx
NoOne
nopassn

Rockefella
01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm not admin...

IIRC only Truechaoz and Wouter are admin, they have "The Power".
Edited my post 2 secs after I sent it, noticing what I wrote. :)

Karrmann
01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
admins-
admin (account for wouter and the mods to sign in under to do adminy things)
bez
TrueChaoZ
mods
Matra et Alpine
Coventry Sucks
Kudosdude
Miko_Fx
Wouter Melissen
NoOne
Matt
Egg Nog
crisis
Magnometa7
IBrake4Rainbows
falcon 500
nopassn
truechaoz_ma (just a test account that TrueChaoZ set up for god knows what reason)

Cadillac Cien
01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
what 'POWER'??but i dont see them in the forum leader list....
theres only truechaoz_ma

Rockefella
01-24-2005, 07:43 PM
theres only truechaoz_ma
From my recollection, only TrueChaoz and Wouter can make visual changes and alterations to the look/coding of the site. The moderators just control the forums and what not. All decisions go through the Authoritah though. (Wouter)

Cadillac Cien
01-24-2005, 07:45 PM
and what relation do wouter and truechaoz have???
and the Autoritah???NICE....

Karrmann
01-24-2005, 07:52 PM
theres only truechaoz_ma

the admins are not included on the forum leaders, just the mods.

and truechaoz_ma is just a test account

fpv_gtho
01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
What about Blue? Any idea were he is?

All i know is his girlfirend moved in with him not that long ago so perhaps he's run out of spare time

my porsche
01-24-2005, 09:05 PM
thats hilariously ridiculous that painterr left because he had to post pics 4 at a time :p

taz_rocks_miami
01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
All i know is his girlfirend moved in with him not that long ago so perhaps he's run out of spare time

Oh ok, good for him:) Hope he comes back soon.

Karrmann
01-25-2005, 04:46 AM
he was talking abouyt Blue Supra.

thanks to his GF, I can passs him in post counT!

fpv_gtho
01-25-2005, 04:51 AM
What about Blue? Any idea were he is?

Oh ok, good for him Hope he comes back soon.

he was talking abouyt Blue Supra.

thanks to his GF, I can passs him in post counT!

You should learn to follow along a bit better Karrmann ;)

Blue Supra is the least of your worries if all your worried about is post count

Karrmann
01-25-2005, 05:24 AM
you;ree right, you're on the top of my list.

all I can hope is that you get banned for a year!! j/k :p

spi-ti-tout
01-25-2005, 05:31 AM
maybe Henk's alter ego.
Bahahahahahaha..lol :D

truechaoz_ma (just a test account that TrueChaoZ set up for god knows what reason)
I suppose he has his reason. Maybe he's trying stuff from that account 'cause he doesn't want anything to happen to his :rolleyes: .
Whatever it may be I'm sure if there was anything to disclose to us he would so stop worrying about it ;)

and the Autoritah???
That...uummm....what he calls himself. It comes from the word authority which means control or power over a thing or things. I suppose Authoritah makes it sound stylish. :)

Yeah thats what he told me too. Except that he told me that she wasn't always staying with him so he must be having atleast SOME free time. But then don't forget his car races every sunday. He's almost always in his garage trying to mod it to win. Does he come on your msn? He never comes on mine. Maybe he's blocked me. :confused:

fpv_gtho
01-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Every so often he's on but hes off again almost as quick at times