PDA

View Full Version : The unpainted enzo...

stealth
01-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I found it. And I'm sure you did too... Definetly a fine car.

http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739g-1.jpg
http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739h-1.jpg
http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739f-1.jpg

Sweeney921
01-21-2005, 10:44 AM
definitely looks better unpainted

Fumacher
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM
whats the deal with "unpainted"???
there's paint all over the car........... :o

stealth
01-21-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm gonna let you figure out how stupid that reply was...

man 430gt
01-21-2005, 12:20 PM
definitely looks better unpainted
Yeah, the origanal colour of carbon fibre.

Sweeney921
01-21-2005, 12:20 PM
yea it's unpainted. The body is all carbon fiber, and carbon fiber is a dull black color.

nopassn
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM

well, those are the same pics on the Enzo registry on barchetta, with the same serial number - and it lists the car as nero/nero (black paint and black interior) - so it would seem that you are mistaken... If it were an unpainted car, you would be able to see the carbon fiber weave - this car is clearly painted...

EDIT: and "stealth" I think you owe "Fumacher" an apology...

Pando
01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
well, those are the same pics on the Enzo registry on barchetta, with the same serial number - and it lists the car as nero/nero (black paint and black interior) - so it would seem that you are mistaken... If it were an unpainted car, you would be able to see the carbon fiber weave - this car is clearly painted...

I agree, its the black enzo...

my porsche
01-21-2005, 01:06 PM
what the hell? theres a freaking unpainted enzo, and those two morons are looking the complete opposite way

dimlight
01-21-2005, 01:20 PM
i fell for it

pimp_squeak
01-21-2005, 01:29 PM
it might be just the angle of the photo but the front of the car looks like it's painted black and the back looks like the greyish tone of unpainted CF. The other photos you can't really see the weave of the carbon fiber which isn't very promising for the "unpainted" theory.

Fumacher
01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
pfffffff ...u ever seen the prototype enzo or any prototype car??? those are unpainted!.....

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
You can clearly see the difference in colour and weave pattern between the carbonfibre inside of the door and the exterior of the car.

I think there is a clear case for an apology there.

pfffffff ...u ever seen the prototype enzo or any prototype car??? those are unpainted!.....

Apart from the thousands of painted prototype cars across the globe...

Fumacher
01-21-2005, 02:01 PM

let me rephrase............the prototypes which are spyshot every time........

nopassn
01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
You can clearly see the difference in colour and weave pattern between the carbonfibre inside of the door and the exterior of the car.

I think there is a clear case for an apology there.

I think "stealth" owes him an apology first... just my $.02...

Gt-One
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
This one is unpainted

Coventrysucks
01-21-2005, 03:04 PM
let me rephrase............the prototypes which are spyshot every time........

I have only seen a few "unpainted" prototypes appearing in spyshots, and most of them are things like the Enzo.

All metal-bodied prototypes are painted, and these are vastly more numerous than composite-bodied prototypes by a huge margin.

Therefore, only a few % of prototypes are "unpainted".

Cars in spyshots usually have "fake" panels, and camoflage patterns to hide the shape of the car, but they aren't "unpainted", just covered.

gregvl52
01-21-2005, 03:05 PM
If it were an unpainted car, you would be able to see the carbon fiber weave - this car is clearly painted...

Not all carbon fiber is woven. The only reason that the carbon fiber you see is woven is because it looks better, even though it's not necessarily stronger. This car looks unpainted to me. Compare to this unpainted racing shell.

-TT-
01-21-2005, 03:20 PM
The first pics are mine, and as you can see in the high-res, the car is black, not bare CF

http://www.swisscarsightings.com/supercarrally2004/Ferrari%20Enzo%20438.jpg
http://www.swisscarsightings.com/supercarrally2004/Ferrari%20Enzo%20439.jpg

just dirty

LTT
01-21-2005, 03:23 PM
It's odd...the back is super filthy, but the front is pretty clean. But yes, it clearly is painted.

SIMPLETON
01-21-2005, 03:31 PM
It's odd...the back is super filthy, but the front is pretty clean. But yes, it clearly is painted.
aerodynamics can do funny things.

byronleehk
01-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Anyone knows how those s/n numbers come by? I mean why a six digit number for a model that's only produced in three digit numbers? Is that the chassis number or what :confused:

Decave
01-21-2005, 04:35 PM

HAHAHAH NOOB.

kko
01-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Usually the S/n 's come from what model its is, then the color, then the options, and sumtimes where its made (not in this case probably ), different then the chassis number,

Mdbgtft
01-21-2005, 06:56 PM
yea it's unpainted. The body is all carbon fiber, and carbon fiber is a dull black color.
To me its not dull at all. To me the Black Enzo looks better than the red and yellow

PsychoChimp22
01-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I thought it was made of Carbon Fiber?!?!?
If it was, and it was.... wouldnt you be able to see teh weave??

carlover
01-21-2005, 08:21 PM
HAHAHAH NOOB.
Well aren't you guys nice to people. :rolleyes:

P. S.: Please don't say noob. It makes you sound like a ricer/Battle.net member.

CdocZ
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
wow......thats awesome, i think i like it better without paint.

oh yeah, decave says things like that, he is a hardcore computer gamer.

shockwaveracing
01-22-2005, 12:06 AM
This one is unpainted

if you are exclusive and wealthy enough i am pretty sure you could buy that one... when Frank Mountain went and bought that ex-schumacher F1 car, the "enzo gt(not sure of its actual purpose, so it may not have been a gt prototype)" was also in there and it was mentioned that it could be bought...

PsychoChimp22
01-22-2005, 12:15 AM
carlover... dont EVER call somebody a battle.net member!! dont even joke about it...
Here you are telling people not to say noob, but your throwing around these accusations like its nothing!!!

:p

Fumacher
01-22-2005, 12:48 AM
HAHAHAH NOOB.
u knoe...ur lame man

Fumacher
01-22-2005, 12:57 AM
I have only seen a few "unpainted" prototypes appearing in spyshots, and most of them are things like the Enzo.

All metal-bodied prototypes are painted, and these are vastly more numerous than composite-bodied prototypes by a huge margin.

Therefore, only a few % of prototypes are "unpainted".

Cars in spyshots usually have "fake" panels, and camoflage patterns to hide the shape of the car, but they aren't "unpainted", just covered.

true...but i had the racing enzo in my mind......... pics were posted by GT-ONE.
Mayb i had to be more specific abt the things that i mean.

But yeah...whats the fuss all abt............. painted and unpainted........ piont is that the Enzo is black.

Mercedes_killer
01-22-2005, 02:30 AM
wow...thats awesome, i think i like it better without paint.
:rolleyes:

netburner
01-22-2005, 03:27 AM
The only carbonfibre car on which you can see the cf through the paint was the F40 because the paint was so thin (less weight). All Enzos I had seen in reality were that good painted that you couldn't see the cf through the paint, you only could see it in the interior.

sl55kleemann
01-22-2005, 04:55 AM
I saw it in real at french ferrari days 2004 and its a black enzo with a great sound .

there are some pics & videos of it on my web site. :D

LTT
01-22-2005, 05:21 AM
wow...thats awesome, i think i like it better without paint.

Umm...This enzo is with paint. Look on page 2.

Salegosse
01-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Que des boulets ici...

6'bore
01-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Que des boulets ici...

great, can we now have it in english please?

Cadillac Imaj
01-23-2005, 12:42 AM
woohoo!no paint on an enzo

r1ckst4
01-23-2005, 02:34 AM
wtf? r u people dumb or what???
that Enzo IS painted!, from the first moment i see it i knew it's painted... no CF weave... and the car is shiny as shit.... it's painted and not not-painted!

so stop saying that it looks better not painted... that's a black enzo... it's just dirty.

jeeeezz...

johnnyperl
01-23-2005, 12:55 PM
First of all, if the enzo was un painted you still wouldnt see the carbon fiber. the car would be a dull red because they use body filler to smooth the CF. On the F50 you can see the weeve texture (bumps) in the paint because they did not do this. but if you look closely, the enzo's surface is smooth, i have seen both close up and you can see and feel the difference.

Second, i think Stealth is refering to something else in the picture. the plates are PS'd out in the first pics but in the last one they are "unpainted".

Also, the pictures that gt-one posted, I captured those from the TG episode where the guy buys the F1, and that car is painted, however its painted flat black. its easier to see in the video since there are some close-ups.

carlover
01-23-2005, 02:55 PM
carlover... dont EVER call somebody a battle.net member!! dont even joke about it...
Here you are telling people not to say noob, but your throwing around these accusations like its nothing!!!
:p
I've got two friends who are battle.net members. They usally say noob in their sentences more then every other word combined. :) :rolleyes: :)

stealth
01-24-2005, 06:23 AM
I think the question here is who would get an Enzo dirty?

Coventrysucks
01-24-2005, 11:54 AM
You have some guy leaning out the back of a pickup wiping off the dirt as soon as it hits the car when you drive along?

I don't think anyone really has a choice in the matter - if you take it out from under the car cover in the garage it will get dirty.

And I don''t think an Enzo owner is going to clean their car everytime they stop somewhere, just so that there aren't photographs causing confusion as to whether it is carbonfibre or grime.

werty
01-24-2005, 12:08 PM
can someone let me know when you find a picture of a REAL unpainted enzo.

I've never seen it in it's bare carbon fiber form

stealth
01-24-2005, 01:20 PM
You have some guy leaning out the back of a pickup wiping off the dirt as soon as it hits the car when you drive along?

I don't think anyone really has a choice in the matter - if you take it out from under the car cover in the garage it will get dirty.

And I don''t think an Enzo owner is going to clean their car everytime they stop somewhere, just so that there aren't photographs causing confusion as to whether it is carbonfibre or grime.

I agree. I just think that when an Enzo, a car made for use on the road, but specifically for the track as well, is dirty... you kinda have to wonder how it got that way... you know?

I think that if you're into buying a car like that, that you should be experienced enough to drive it properly. Would you expect Michael Schumacher to get an F430 dirty while driving on the track? No. So how the hell would an Enzo get dirty?

Mattg
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Race cars DO get dirty while driving on a track...

CdocZ
01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
its practically impossible to keep a car from getting dirty. lets say you drive it on a highway, the small amounts of dirt launched into the air by other cars will get on your car. not too mention dirt in the air.

Coventrysucks
01-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I just think that when an Enzo, a car made for use on the road, but specifically for the track as well, is dirty... you kinda have to wonder how it got that way... you know?

No, you don't have to wonder.

Tracks and roads are equally dirty, with oil, rubber and dirt all over the place.
This gets stuck to the car moving throught the air, especially in the wet (look at the ground in the photos - it is damp)

Driving it in these conditions is going to make the car dirty, and unless some sad git cleans it whenever you stop, it is going to remain that way.

I think that if you're into buying a car like that, that you should be experienced enough to drive it properly. Would you expect Michael Schumacher to get an F430 dirty while driving on the track? No. So how the hell would an Enzo get dirty?

That is the stupidest comment I have seen in a long while

Have you ever seen a car after a race? They are absolutely plastered in dirt, flies, oil and general crap.

How the hell do you think Schumacher, or anybody for that matter, would be able to do what? Drive round eah individual speck of dust, fly, and airborne droplet in the air?

What are you on?

johnnyperl
01-24-2005, 09:21 PM
look at what part of the car is dirty, the back.
what else is at the back of the car? one of the largest diffusers on a road car.
a diffuser "lifts" the air (and dirt off the road) form under the car and sends it out the back. where the diffuser ends at the back of the car it creates a little vortex where the air spins around and the dirt is deposited on the rear.

if youve seen video of an f1 car going off the track (or racing in the rain) you can seen a vertical column of dirt behind them. this is basically what is happening here.

Werty, i doubt there was any enzos made in bare carbon fiber since under the paint is a layer of body filler. see my previous post. however, on my other computer i have a pic of a small scale enzo windtunnel model in bare carbon that looks really cool.

-TT-
01-25-2005, 02:10 AM
I think the question here is who would get an Enzo dirty?

The pictures were taken right in the middle of the Supercar Rally 2004.. for sure no time to stop and clean the car every 100 miles...

r1ckst4
01-25-2005, 02:23 AM
That is the stupidest comment I have seen in a long while

Have you ever seen a car after a race? They are absolutely plastered in dirt, flies, oil and general crap.

How the hell do you think Schumacher, or anybody for that matter, would be able to do what? Drive round eah individual speck of dust, fly, and airborne droplet in the air?

What are you on?
I second that...

M. Schumacher (or others) always have his F1 cars dirty by the end of the race... and wot makes u think he'd care more about the enzo than his F2004? :D

Coventrysucks
01-25-2005, 05:42 AM
i doubt there was any enzos made in bare carbon fiber since under the paint is a layer of body filler.

Althought you are right, and a bare Enzo doesn't exist - if they had made one, don't you think they would just leave the filler off?

90ft
01-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Here's a dirty race car.

And to cheer everyone up . . . . .
An Enzo Carbon Tub

Salegosse
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
great, can we now have it in english please?

I said: "many dumbass there !"

The car was dirty that's it...

sl55kleemann
01-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Boulets de chez boulets ici, commence à me souler grave!

Schumiroels
01-27-2005, 03:20 PM
just look at the title of this thread

Coventrysucks
01-27-2005, 04:51 PM
What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Hardly a single thread goes by without breaking into a slagging match.

Grow up! If you want to act like little children, go chew on some crayons or something.
http://www.fancysplace.com/smileys/smashfreakB.gif

SPHFerrari
01-27-2005, 05:20 PM
hey, why did you delete my post :D

did i even use bad language?

Esperante
01-27-2005, 05:55 PM
I found it. And I'm sure you did too... Definetly a fine car.

http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739g-1.jpg
http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739h-1.jpg
http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/images/0008/136739f-1.jpg
You took such care to block out the liscense in the 2nd pic.....but I can get its registry from the 3rd! :D

Schumiroels
01-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Boulets de chez boulets ici, commence à me souler grave!
whats the deal with that french stuff .......... type in english please !!!!!!
ur not different from all the other "boulets" here.... u start typing things in another language so that some of us dont understand it....how silly

Coventrysucks
01-28-2005, 11:10 AM
ur not different from all the other "boulets" here.... u start typing things in another language so that some of us dont understand it....how silly

What, like all the people typing in English?

Not everyone understands English, not everyone understands French, or German, Spanish, Japanese or whatever. Grow up and get over it.

Schumiroels
01-28-2005, 11:17 AM
What, like all the people typing in English?

Not everyone understands English, not everyone understands French, or German, Spanish, Japanese or whatever. Grow up and get over it.

whats that for a reply???
If you cant read englsih then what r you doing on this forum!!!
It's a fact that the guy could read and write english so think before u write something back !!

Coventrysucks
01-28-2005, 11:30 AM

Now your just being ignorant.

What are you doing on this forum?

Did you seriously sign up just to complain about someone using a foreign language? That is all you have done here so far.

6'bore
01-28-2005, 11:37 AM
just look at the title of this thread

his 1st post

his second post

It's a fact that the guy could read and write english so think before u write something back !!

3rd post. Not one of his posts have been helpfull to the forum. He is an ignoranous, how will hopefully only post again with something decent to say other than critisism and insults :rolleyes:

Esperante
01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Tu es tres stupid et n'est pas tres sympatique. Je fart dans vous direction general.

6'bore
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Tu es tres stupid et n'est pas tres sympatique. Je fart dans vous direction general.

Does that say something like your very stupid and something sympathetic? I do french but i'm crap.lol

carlover
01-28-2005, 03:34 PM
It says that schumaicher deserves to go to hell. But when the devil shoves the pinnaple up his ass, we hope that it is not any bigger a human head. :p

Schumiroels
01-29-2005, 02:20 AM
pute de nair!! va te faire foutre........ have it your way

Esperante
01-29-2005, 02:09 PM
pute de nair!! va te faire foutre........ have it your way
Oui, oui, c'est tres bien.

johnnyperl
01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
You took such care to block out the liscense in the 2nd pic.....but I can get its registry from the 3rd! :D

you should read the thread first, thats already been said on the third page.