PDA

View Full Version : Does this annoy anyone else?

my porsche
01-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Do people who say things like "Lambo, merc, caddy, vette, pooorshhh, and ah-dee (audi)" annoy anyone else here? its one of my pet peeves, its just annoying to me, im not sure why :p

CdocZ
01-21-2005, 09:26 PM
lol, interesting. i dunno......if you mean on the forum and typing, no it doesnt, but in real life, to me it says "i wanna sound cool in your views, but i actually dont know BS about cars! so ill just use nicknames for things that if i actually knew about id give more respect, but i dont know jacksh*t about them!"

Renesis
01-21-2005, 09:27 PM
there are a lot of people who annoy me
especially people who shorten words in verbal conversation, such as "oh thanks for the flowers, I appreash"
also people who say "i was going to the 7-11izzle"

Cadillac Cien
01-21-2005, 09:28 PM
yes....its kinda annoying....

kko
01-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Not at all, as long as you get the point across. As far as Porsche, it only annoys me when people (americans) insisnt on saying Porsch Ah, just to be "correct", even tho every one says porssh in america, its just how we say it hear.

CdocZ
"i was going to the 7-11izzle"
i HATE that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my porsche
yes....its kinda annoying....

your the person that made me start this thread, you have no room to talk, haha

"the gt2 is my fav., i like the lambo tho"

sound familiar? :D

CdocZ
01-21-2005, 09:33 PM
your the person that made me start this thread, you have no room to talk, haha

"the gt2 is my fav., i like the lambo tho"

sound familiar? :D

hahahhaah!!!! verbal physical assault!

Spastik_Roach
01-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I say Lambo. Can't be stuffed saying Lamboragihnghghghini all the time :p

I say Caddy aswell...

my porsche
01-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Not at all, as long as you get the point across. As far as Porsche, it only annoys me when people (americans) insisnt on saying Porsch Ah, just to be "correct", even tho every one says porssh in america, its just how we say it hear.

i say porsche how it is meant to be said, but thats because im a purist, and also because i know more than jack shit about porsches, people who say that annoy me

"dude what a sweet porshhhhh"
"hey buddy, its porsh-uh if you own one!"

its amazing how ignorant some people are, thats like me calling a mercedes a murchedez

ScionDriver
01-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I only use them because I am worried abotu others hating/yelling at me for mispellings or if I am typing fast, I have never used "pooorshhhh" or "ah-dee" though. Thats just plain weird.

my porsche
01-21-2005, 09:39 PM
I only use them because I am worried abotu others hating/yelling at me for mispellings or if I am typing fast, I have never used "pooorshhhh" or "ah-dee" though. Thats just plain weird.
not that spelling, i mean through human contact on the outside, saying poorsshhh, or saying audi like the first 4 letters of audio, its ow-dee

taz_rocks_miami
01-21-2005, 09:40 PM
It depends, I don't mind it when people shorten car names like Vette, Lambo and so forth. I'm used to it, I even do it myself. It used to annoy me how people shotened words on the internet a while back: fav, congrats...I'm used to know too. But I do mind when the speak, it just sounds bad.

my porsche
01-21-2005, 09:42 PM
yeah, if your in a hurry typing, fine you know, shorten it to lambo, save 197 letters, but in speech, it just sounds retarded

kko
01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
I do know jack shit about cars. But should i say every foriegn word how they say it? should i say mehico every time? No because thats not how its said HERE.

my porsche
01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I do know jack shit about car. But should i say every foriegn word how they say it? should i say mehico every time? No because thats not how its said HERE.

but if its someones name, say it right, thats like me saying you are, "kuh, kuh, ohhhhhh" are you? no, your kay, kay, oh

Dr. Ing. Ferdinand Porsche is a name, not a word, if you mispronouce someones name they get mad at you

kko
01-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes but if you are reffering to the car company, not talking about the man himself, and the pronounciation (generally) in your country is porsh why say porsch A. Just makes you look like a snob.

Renesis
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM
you say tomato and i say tomahto

Rockefella
01-21-2005, 10:23 PM
This makes me think, is it CORRECTLY Porr-Scha or Porsh (prununciation.) wouldn't porr-scha just be the German conjugation of the word except Americanized? I use both interchangeably.

megotmea7
01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
u abreviate words like that all the time, what annoys me is when ppl throw hissy fits over something as insignificant as a sylable...

Renesis
01-21-2005, 10:31 PM
u abreviate words like that all the time, what annoys me is when ppl throw hissy fits over something as insignificant as a sylable...

you spelled people wrong :p

Sweeney921
01-21-2005, 11:48 PM
the porshhhhhh thing annoys me SOOO much. I correct people whenever they say it.

man 430gt
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Lambo and merc are alroght for me, but the rest are annoying.

r1ckst4
01-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Lambo and merc are alroght for me, but the rest are annoying.
yea i agree... typing lambo or merc saves time.. also Murcie... :) but i dont like it when people say Porsh...

LTT
01-22-2005, 06:18 AM
I hate merc in actual speech. Mercedes is not that hard to say.

fa22_raptor
01-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I hate merc in actual speech. Mercedes is not that hard to say.

In Australia I'm fine with people saying "Merc" because they pronounce it as "Merk". In Asia though, it TOTALLY pisses me off when they say "Merc" because the pronounciation is completely different. They pronounce it as "Mersss". I don't know why that annoys me so much, maybe it's because everyone does it and I'm not used to it. :confused:

6'bore
01-22-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm fine with merc and lambo, and I can't really say that the others annoy

my porsche
01-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes but if you are reffering to the car company, not talking about the man himself, and the pronounciation (generally) in your country is porsh why say porsch A. Just makes you look like a snob.

no, it makes me look like i know what im talking about

my porsche
01-22-2005, 10:00 AM
This makes me think, is it CORRECTLY Porr-Scha or Porsh (prununciation.) wouldn't porr-scha just be the German conjugation of the word except Americanized? I use both interchangeably.

no, the correct way to say it is, (poor-shah) watch a video on porsche.com, listen to the narator

Matra et Alpine
01-22-2005, 12:25 PM
no, the correct way to say it is, (poor-shah) watch a video on porsche.com, listen to the narator
and do you say the car is from Germany or Deutschland ?
Is it a nine eleven or a neun ein ein, a neun elf or even a neunhundert elf ?

I agree it's pretentious to say porsch-ah.

Getting one word right and all the others wrong seems stupid :)

Koenigsegg_CC
01-23-2005, 10:45 AM
It doesn't annoy me 'cause i shorten car manufacturers & names all the time, eg Astons, Lambos, Mrecs, BMs etc. What a random thing to annoy you :P

my porsche
01-23-2005, 10:52 AM
and do you say the car is from Germany or Deutschland ?
Is it a nine eleven or a neun ein ein, a neun elf or even a neunhundert elf ?

I agree it's pretentious to say porsch-ah.

Getting one word right and all the others wrong seems stupid :)

its not pretentious, because the name is not the german translation, its just a name, you need to say someone's name right no matter what language its in.

its not pretentious, its correct :rolleyes:

Karrmann
01-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Do people who say things like "Lambo, merc, caddy, vette, pooorshhh, and ah-dee (audi)" annoy anyone else here? its one of my pet peeves, its just annoying to me, im not sure why :p

if you think that' sbad, my dad pronounces Ferrari Feeareee

Matra et Alpine
01-23-2005, 12:58 PM
its not pretentious, because the name is not the german translation, its just a name, you need to say someone's name right no matter what language its in.

its not pretentious, its correct :rolleyes:
How do you say VW ?
VolksWagen ??
BMW ?
Deutschland IS the name of the country !!
All the city names ??
Until this pretentious nonsense about Porsch-uh started it was Porsche :)