PDA

View Full Version : Anti-NASCAR Fans UNITE!!

ScionDriver
01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Check this out, my friend showed me this:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1310907

Rockefella
01-21-2005, 09:37 PM
LMFAOOOOOOO, hhhhhaaaaaa. Not funny.. really. I like NASCAR, sure, it looks boring because they go in circles for 3 hrs but when you became a follower of a team/driver, then it becomes interesting. Watching NASCAR as a whole is dull, I'll admit, but following an individual throughout a race/season is quite thrilling. You don't have to take my word for it, but I don't mind supporting it. The argument that people bring up about outdated technology makes me laugh, btw, when these highly tuned (800+hp restricted i believe) aerodynamical beasts reach 200+mph at places like Talladega. If you give it a chance, who knows.. you might like it. But, back to the main topic. Those things were hardly funny at all.... especially the Dale Earnhardt one, its f'n hillarious showing a burning steering wheel when the guy died in his #3 GM-Goodwrench Chevy hitting a wall at 180-mph while trying to block traffic to give his son his first win, hysterical actually. :mad:

ScionDriver
01-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Sorry if it offended you, I didn't mean for that, some of them were pretty bad, others were quite funny (The Kerry thing) but yeah I am sorry and you give a good argument for NASCAR

Rockefella
01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Sorry if it offended you, I didn't mean for that, some of them were pretty bad, others were quite funny (The Kerry thing) but yeah I am sorry and you give a good argument for NASCAR
I'm not offended by you, you have your own opinion which I respect, and frankly won't argue to the point of you changing your mind. That website just pisses me off because most of it is quite lame and over-the-line. Cheers. :)

kko
01-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Ya sum of those were funny but some went too far. O btw those are pushrod carboreted V8's making 800hp! It takes mad skill to dance along the wall at 180mph. But i cant really watch a whole race...it does get boring.

CdocZ
01-21-2005, 09:59 PM
O btw those are pushrod carboreted V8's making 800hp! It takes mad skill to dance along the wall at 180mph
me like nascar much more now :D

:Exige:
01-22-2005, 05:26 AM
The only good thing about Nascar are the crashes .. the racing element is sh*t. Id rather watch Ladas Drag Racing.

man 430gt
01-22-2005, 06:26 AM
I never really liked nascar, cars going round and round a cicrle, couldn't get any more boring.

Quiggs
01-22-2005, 08:23 AM
I never really liked nascar, cars going round and round a cicrle, couldn't get any more boring.
Opposed to the parade that is Formula One racing? I'll take ovals and close competition over seeing a little red car streak away every weekend.

Coventrysucks
01-22-2005, 08:59 AM
I have watched NASCAR many times.

How bloody dull can you get?
F1 is occasionally interesting because you get to watch the "incar" footage of the drivers skillfull tackling corners, and they sometimes visit great tracks such as Spa.

In fact last year's Spa GP was probably the best race of the season.

There are many more race series infinitely more interesting than either F1 or Nascar, it's just a shame that most of them don't get the TV coverage they deserve.

6'bore
01-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I think all englishmen agree that nascar is boring, and i'm one of them

PsychoChimp22
01-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Everything thats done at Fark is all in good fun, so nobody (not pointing fingers) should get offended by it, im sure there are a lot a NASCAR-fans entering PS's in that.

ScionDriver
01-22-2005, 03:55 PM
There are many more race series infinitely more interesting than either F1 or Nascar, it's just a shame that most of them don't get the TV coverage they deserve.

Like WRC.

:Exige:
01-22-2005, 05:40 PM
F1 is as boring as Nascar .. although atleast in Nascar you have some good pileups. Normally in F1 its a single car crashing because the driver has ran out of talent.

UCR
01-23-2005, 11:58 AM
I find nascar awfully boring too,

Why is there so much intrest?

Dont the drivers have illsuions?

r1ckst4
01-26-2005, 01:25 AM
LMFAOOOOOOO, hhhhhaaaaaa. Not funny.. really. I like NASCAR, sure, it looks boring because they go in circles for 3 hrs but when you became a follower of a team/driver, then it becomes interesting. Watching NASCAR as a whole is dull, I'll admit, but following an individual throughout a race/season is quite thrilling. You don't have to take my word for it, but I don't mind supporting it. The argument that people bring up about outdated technology makes me laugh, btw, when these highly tuned (800+hp restricted i believe) aerodynamical beasts reach 200+mph at places like Talladega. If you give it a chance, who knows.. you might like it. But, back to the main topic. Those things were hardly funny at all.... especially the Dale Earnhardt one, its f'n hillarious showing a burning steering wheel when the guy died in his #3 GM-Goodwrench Chevy hitting a wall at 180-mph while trying to block traffic to give his son his first win, hysterical actually. :mad:
i havta agree with you... not that i watch Nascar. I used to watch the Indy series (back when we had cable) i supported Scott Dixon ( and damn that was exciting. Short minded people might just say "OH! this is boring... that is boring!" but really... no race is boring. Especially Formula One... racing isnt all about crashes! :mad: just keep that in your head people....

EDIT: by the way... crashes aren't fun to watch. It's a crash... those drivers are in danger everytime they crash... now, how is that fun? :(

Mattg
01-26-2005, 05:53 AM
I like the roadraces like Watkins Glen

Blitz_
01-26-2005, 07:24 AM
WEll they are both extremely boring!!! come on NASCAR - fast going around ovals again and again, F1, sounds like, on tv, remote controlled cars zipping around tracks.

Want my pick on two that are better than f1 and NASCAR by a million miles?

Australian V8 supercars, interesting ,great commentry, intrueging, ALWAYS a crash or some1 being spun out, and luv the noise and the battles.

DTM - voted best touring series in the world, V8 SC came second, great to watch, fast and furious, luv it.

I believe, even if f1 fans outnumber the above mention ( i think, not sure ), those 2 will always be better