PDA

View Full Version : Physician Assisted Suicide

pimp_squeak
01-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Is it right? I just handed in an essay on the topic and my teacher wasn't too pleased that I agreed with it, what do you guys think?

6'bore
01-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Of course it is right. Everyone has the right to die, is it any different to jumping off a bridge, but this way it is quiet and ''professional''?

Egg Nog
01-22-2005, 03:26 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

CdocZ
01-22-2005, 04:05 PM
i think its better then a guy jumping off a building.....for various reasons.
1)guy can ask doctor for whatever stops it, just in case he changes his mind (cant ask gravity, now can he?)
2)quieter, jump off a building, its kinda hard to not see on the news, or out your window.
3) ok, this is a stupid reason kind of, but cleaner, no mess

Rockefella
01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
I agree with it. Let's say you're dying in a hospital, experiencing a large amount of seizures, pains, convulsions and what not... If you can't stand the sight of living anymore, I see no point in refusing death.

SPHFerrari
01-22-2005, 04:30 PM
i agree and disagreee.

i totally agree with euthanasia when someone has a teminal injury or sickenss and is in pain. i think that if theres no way for someone to recover, and they are just going to waste away slowly and painfully, then why should they have to go through it? i think however, that if there is family they should get to decide. if there is no1 to speak for the victim, presuming they cannot speak themselves, then it gets a little tricky. but, i think that with a doctor's judgement the right decision would be made.

im not sure what i think of the wat CdocZ interpretted the question. im not sure if poeple should be allowed to go into a doctor and just have themselves killed, as an alternative to jumping of a bulding or shooting themselves or whatever. idk.

PsychoChimp22
01-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree.

lithuanianmafia
01-22-2005, 06:58 PM
i feel that PAS should only be for ppl who are terminally ill, and r gonna die slow, painful deaths. PAS would offer a quick, painless alternitive. but i don't think ppl who just wanna commit suicide should be able to use this program

NoOne
01-23-2005, 03:44 AM
i feel that PAS should only be for ppl who are terminally ill, and r gonna die slow, painful deaths. PAS would offer a quick, painless alternitive. but i don't think ppl who just wanna commit suicide should be able to use this program
I agree 100%, I have nothing to add or take away from this comment

spi-ti-tout
01-23-2005, 05:41 AM
I agree to and have only one compliment to make. Nice Avatar :D