PDA

View Full Version : 3-Series tuner

my porsche
01-22-2005, 06:22 PM
how fast can you make a 2000 3-series and have it be reliable? what about looks, what can you do in that department? some sort of concept like an a/c schnitzer 3-series, anyone know a of a kit or tuner that does good work for a reasonable price?

shockwaveracing
01-22-2005, 06:49 PM
wouldn't bother with AC-Schnitzer, coz they charge huge money for their products... as do most other tuners of BMW's... it will, as a rule of thumb, cost around twice as much to tune a european car (bmw, audi, mercedes) than to tune a japanese car

LTT
01-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah, Dinan does really nice work.

Though for alot of things theres cheaper and easier ways to do it. Exhaust? Go to your local shop and ask them to bend piping for you and pick up some nice magnaflow mufflers/resonators/highflow cat. Some thing goes for intake, Get your own pipe bent and just pick up a K&N Filter.

Egg Nog
01-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Dinan does really nice work.

Though for alot of things theres cheaper and easier ways to do it. Exhaust? Go to your local shop and ask them to bend piping for you and pick up some nice magnaflow mufflers/resonators/highflow cat. Some thing goes for intake, Get your own pipe bent and just pick up a K&N Filter.

Although I doubt a 3-series with simple intake/exhaust modifications would be noticably faster (placebo aside of course ;)).

I'll bet my_porsche will change his mind about what kind of car he'll get at least 1000 times before the day actually comes :D

my porsche
01-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Although I doubt a 3-series with simple intake/exhaust modifications would be noticably faster (placebo aside of course ;)).

I'll bet my_porsche will change his mind about what kind of car he'll get at least 1000 times before the day actually comes :D

im betting egg nog is dead on