PDA

View Full Version : Shells

my porsche
01-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know where i can get cars without engines? most preferably porsches, audi, bmw's etc? but mostly porsches

Matra et Alpine
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
huh ?
For a current car, you can go in to the dealer and order a replacemetn shell from the factory. Then order replacement suspension, interior, elsctrics etc and build it !!

For SOME cars - especially British sports cars ( and Minis ) you can order remanufactured shells from British Heritage Cars. Still need all the other bits to make it a rolling shell :(

I'm not aware of anyone remanufacturing shells for any other older cars.
Nor am I aware of anyoen outside of the kit car companies who sell rolling shells - sans engine :(

THEN you've the scrap yards - but now you're goign to need to do repairs for rust and/or accident damamge.

What are you wanting these for ? How many do you want ??? With the limited number of Porcshes around I cant' see you finding many.

my porsche
01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
What are you wanting these for ? How many do you want ??? With the limited number of Porcshes around I cant' see you finding many.

mostly to build an older 911 with a 3.2l engine in it, just wondering about it, maybe shell was the wrong word, rolling car, sans engine is better

GTR Dreamer
01-25-2005, 05:33 PM
yea, i think you mean a 'rolling shell'

Matra et Alpine
01-25-2005, 05:41 PM
You'll struggle getting one.
Most folks put engines back into 911s if they go bang,
Even old 911s over here are now going for silly money as they're VERY competitive in the post-historic and classic rally scene :(

Egg Nog
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
It's pretty easy to find an engine sans car, but very difficult to do the opposite. it's the nature of collisions, really...