PDA

View Full Version : "mushroom"like parking brake

drakkie
01-27-2005, 08:34 AM
i was going through a book about the Citroen DS yesterday, and on the pics i noticed a mushroom like thingy in between the pedals.in the book it said it was the parking brake.My question is : was this common on cars around that time, or was it unique for the DS ?

Matra et Alpine
01-27-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a DS, EVERYTHING was uniqie ( and prone to problems )

Not seeing the picture it might be the electronic brake pedal.
You can see a diagram of it about 1/3 way down http://www.citroen-ds-id.com/index.html?ds/DS_Models.html

Most cars here have a hadnbrake as a lever at the drivers side on the transimssion tunnel. A few used hand brakes pulled from the dash ( a bit like the old US style parking brakes ). Some like the A610 have a handbrake on the OUTSIDE of the driver - always makes me think it's in the best place to be accidently knocked off by your foot as you climb out - French see :) ????

ruim20
01-27-2005, 12:00 PM
^ went to Aston Martin dealear, wednesday, the handbreak in the DB9 And Vanquish are also near the door hehe

Egg Nog
01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Some like the A610 have a handbrake on the OUTSIDE of the driver - always makes me think it's in the best place to be accidently knocked off by your foot as you climb out - French see :) ????

I know exactly how you feel :) - My 944 has the same thing, my brother can never find the parking brake because he's looking next to the shifter ;)

Cadillac Imaj
01-29-2005, 02:31 AM
DS is the 5th most beautiful and unique car in the world....so, the brake pedal must be a unique feature!