PDA

View Full Version : New 06 Camaro

Lamospeed23
01-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey got a question has ne one heard bout the new 06 Camaro, cuz ive seen pics of the concept n it looks rlly cool!!!

Mdbgtft
01-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Plz give the website where are the pics are so that all of the members can give their openion on the looks

Cadillac Imaj
01-29-2005, 02:17 AM
SHOW ME THE PICS, THEN (not to mdbgtft.but to Lamospeed 23)

CdocZ
01-29-2005, 08:03 AM
here are some pics. looks cool........wont say anything further till i see one and everything. look on google for more, its not hard.

Matt
01-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Drawings by an individual don't really constitute a concept. If the drawings were actually released by GM, then that would be a concept. Otherwise, they're just the fantasy drawings of someone who misses the Camaro.

So, Lamospeed, you haven't really seen a concept.

Dino Scuderia
01-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Drawings by an individual don't really constitute a concept. If the drawings were actually released by GM, then that would be a concept. Otherwise, they're just the fantasy drawings of someone who misses the Camaro.

So, Lamospeed, you haven't really seen a concept.

Agreed!

Slicks
01-29-2005, 11:12 AM
GM claimes that there will be no Camaro, I really hope they are lieing...

Quiggs
01-29-2005, 01:50 PM
GM has a history of saying they're going to kill the F body, drive up sales of the 'last model year,' and then have a slight redesign the next year. This time they killed it. But it will be back. By 09. Probably sooner (07 looks good for GM reinventing themselves in the US).

Slicks
01-29-2005, 02:30 PM
GM has a history of saying they're going to kill the F body, drive up sales of the 'last model year,' and then have a slight redesign the next year. This time they killed it. But it will be back. By 09. Probably sooner (07 looks good for GM reinventing themselves in the US).
I personally believe that they're just saying that to try and catch Ford off guard, and not make a more powerful bas GT Mustang. Ive seen GM charts that say the Camaro will back in '07 using the Zeta platform.

SlickHolden
01-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Everyone want's a bit of Aussie in them now:D

pAinTrAin
01-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I have seen them pics over and over again...maybe GM will use them...because that would be one sexy Camaro.

megotmea7
01-29-2005, 04:24 PM
ill tell you strait out, if they make a camaro that looks like the conceptual 3d model that kid did. has IRS, an LS1 with at least 350hp(Z28 mabe) and the SS with the 400hp LS2, can price it competitivly($19k for a V6, $25k for the Z28, and around $30k for the SS) i would buy one in a heartbeat. it would absolutly kill GTO sales but theres so many die hard chevy fans out there hat would love to see mustang stomper that is comparitavely priced and many dont like the GTO's look. i miss the camaro... :(

Quiggs
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
I feel like I should add in, for the original poster, that there will almost definitely not be a Camaro for 06. If there were, someone would have leaked info from GM already, or it'd be known already from GM themselves.

taz_rocks_miami
01-29-2005, 08:57 PM
ill tell you strait out, if they make a camaro that looks like the conceptual 3d model that kid did. has IRS, an LS1 with at least 350hp(Z28 mabe) and the SS with the 400hp LS2, can price it competitivly($19k for a V6, $25k for the Z28, and around $30k for the SS) i would buy one in a heartbeat. it would absolutly kill GTO sales but theres so many die hard chevy fans out there hat would love to see mustang stomper that is comparitavely priced and many dont like the GTO's look. i miss the camaro... :(

Agreed, I miss the Camaro too. I'd get one, no question. I really like the new GTO though. I like it for what it is, not what it should have been.

Koenigsegg_CC
01-30-2005, 09:23 AM
I have seen them pics over and over again...maybe GM will use them...because that would be one sexy Camaro.

Damn Right!! :D :D

megotmea7
01-30-2005, 12:04 PM
I really like the new GTO though. I like it for what it is, not what it should have been.
me too, it is more a "sport luxury" car than a true sports car, ive considered buying one myself a couple times, test driven, and riden in a friends. it has its merits and is a very good car but ultimately what turned me off was the price. it is a good price for what it is but i just keep flashing back to the days when you could have a rwd coupe with a small block chevy in the mid $20k range... with classic camaro lines, a decent amount of power, and the old "cheap as dirt" camaro price id be all over it

SlickHolden
01-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking the GTO suspension might be a VYII FE1.5 set up not the FE2. So it's softer.

Try paying $60k:p for it here:D

I remember when base model cars here were in the $20k range, they wern't anything like they are today.

One think on the GTO looks and i dont like it's front,
But anyway most say it's not muscel aggressive enough, but how many say it's ugly ?

crisis
01-30-2005, 05:06 PM
The concept looks good but it looks like an old Camaro. Cant you Yanks move on. ;)
Dodge and Ford seem to be going all retro to appease the old school as well. DPes this mean that while car design moves on in the rest of the world (check Bently and BMW) the US will be churning out new cars that look like old ones. Are the US designers exhausted for original good ideas.
Ther that shouldnt cause too much trouble. :)

CdocZ
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
if they remake the camaro as mego7meal said.....with the same design as in those concept-idea-drawing pics i posted..........very cool! :D

Lamospeed23
01-30-2005, 08:59 PM
I saw the pics on google n cdocz has shown them!!!

Porsche ī77
02-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Thatīs fantastic!!! one of my favourite cars with a very good-looking body. Iīm not from the EEUU, so I canīt know the americanīs people preferences about designs.
But I think this Camaro, as well as the ī05 Mustang, have made very good getting this old-look.

taz_rocks_miami
02-01-2005, 07:23 PM
The concept looks good but it looks like an old Camaro. Cant you Yanks move on. ;)

I would agree if GM was considering a retro design based on the 74 to 81 Camaro, it wasn't ugly but the 67 to 69 ones were the best of the lot looks wise. So bringing this car back is a good call IMO :)

Rockefella
02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll bet 50 bucks it looks like a Monte Carlo.

Manik
02-02-2005, 05:41 PM
the 1967 is a classic and the 2002 is a crapper. they need a new body on the camaro. I like the retro looks on the 06 concept. hope it goes into production

pAinTrAin
02-02-2005, 09:03 PM

after the Z28 came out was there still a SS version?

Even if they come back with the V6, Z28 and SS version I would like to see the return of the SS/RS maybe with a LS7(427, 600+hp) :D