PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear 05'

PsychoChimp22
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I was just wondering when the next season of top gear starts...
Do you think its late enough that... maybe, just maybe.... they would give the STIG a Veyron?!?!? :eek:

Mdbgtft
01-29-2005, 11:01 PM
next season? Which series? 1? 2? Cannot be. 3? Which series?

PsychoChimp22
01-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Ahhh, when does the next episode come out.

Mdbgtft
01-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Ahhh, when does the next episode come out.
UK, and M'sia i know. US no, sorry but just incase, UK next episod is on the 2nd Feb and M'sia is 4th Feb

PsychoChimp22
01-29-2005, 11:12 PM
I know its not in the US, i download them illegaly off the internet. ;)
Well I was talking about UK, so thanks, cant wait.

Mdbgtft
01-29-2005, 11:19 PM
You wanna know what happened last episod on top gear?

26 December 2004

This week on Top Gear: Richard declared a 25 year old Mercedes G-Wagen to be the best car ever, Jeremy had his face pulled off and we met style gurus Trinny and Susannah.

BMW 1 Series

It's hard not to like BMWs. Okay so the designer bloke went a bit mad on some of them, but still, they appeal to most people. Now BMW wants to go after the one market it doesn't currently have a hold on. The Golf/Focus/Astra range. The last time they tried this we ended up with the 3 series compact. Which is considered in some circles to not be BMW's finest hour.

With the launch of the new 1 series, can BMW capture the small hatch market?

Probably not, because it's really too expensive. It costs more than the new Golf, and to many people, that makes it instantly overpriced. With that in mind, who would buy it? Well, the 1.6 starts at £15,600 and the 2.0 diesel starts at a wallet exploding £18,850 and goes up to a divorce inducing £20,800. In fact, if you add the extras on, it is actually possible to end up paying £33,285 for the 1 series. They even want £75 for floor mats and £30 for a cup holder.

If we're being honest, which we most certainly are, Jeremy et al thought it not great value for money. It IS nice to drive, but it isn't especially quick and like a couple of the other BMWs recently, it's got a bit of a cheap interior in places, in fact on some trim they reckoned it looked like BMW have been buying their plastic from Cadillac.

G-Wagen

Richard likes his power 4x4s. A few series ago he declared his undying love for the Bowler Wildcat, which is basically a Land Rover with some serious power and strengthening. Now it seems he's found a new love.

The Mercedes G-Wagen is an ex-military vehicle, but what has happened here is that AMG, the custom tuning division at Mercedes, got hold of one and you can only imagine what happened next. They added a bit of 'bling' and then, they tweaked its performance to resemble an angry bee. The result of this is a military strength chassis with more bling than your average rapper and the performance of a sports car.

It's a pretty great car that Richard said looks good wherever you are. And he's right. Take the kids to school in it, looks good. Take it down to the pub, looks good. Take it to the moon, looks good.

Stars in a reasonably priced car

This week, Trinny and Susannah came by to throw some fashion advice to the motoring geeks, and to prove that they can drive quickly, whilst still looking their best. And they did a good job too, it was a soaking wet day on the track and they still got round in good times.

Atom

Imagine you are 40-years-old (if you are 40 this shouldn't take much imagination). You've been married for 10 years or so, you have a couple of kids and a stable job. You know what that means, yes, that's right, it's mid-life crisis time!

The time men (and indeed women) buy a motorbike, or sports car and get all whiney about having wasted their lives. Well now, if you don't like motorbikes there is another option. The Ariel Atom is like a motorbike, with four wheels, which means it's hard to fall off it. The supercharged Honda engine develops 300bhp, but the car only weighs 500kg which as those of you with GCSE Maths will know, equals 600bhp per tonne (that's more than a Ferrari Enzo). It also does 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds, as long as you can change gear quick enough.

According to Jeremy, this is how driving should be: fast and close to the ground. You can get one for £20,000 too, which means that your wife may not actually leave you in revenge.

www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/thisweek/

that's where i got this. To look at it even clearer, visit the website up there before 1st Feb 2005

Mustang
01-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Do you think its late enough that... maybe, just maybe.... they would give the STIG a Veyron?!?!? :eek:

they run top gear in from may to november normally i think

UCR
01-30-2005, 03:33 AM
They said the next episode will be in the spring.

But if its the 2nd feb then.......

P3RG4R3C
01-30-2005, 03:57 AM
I looked on the BBC 2 homepage and on the schedule. There is no Top Gear on 2nd february.Schedule (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/index.shtml?day=wednesday&service_id=4236&x=13&y=12) :( :confused:

dimlight
01-30-2005, 08:24 AM

I was thinkking exactly the same thing this morning when i woke up :)

Coventrysucks
01-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Top Gear is broadcast on Sundays.

Feb 2nd is a Wednesday. Feb isn't spring either.

Tbird3
02-13-2005, 03:02 PM
As for you poor americans that don't get it regularly....good news. Went to a recording yesterday (13th February 2005) of 2 that have been made just for the american market, which will be broadcast on the Discovery Channel soon...just for our friends over the pond. And the nicest guy is...Richard Hammond..........!

TheStig
02-13-2005, 03:06 PM
As for you poor americans that don't get it regularly....good news. Went to a recording yesterday (13th February 2005) of 2 that have been made just for the american market, which will be broadcast on the Discovery Channel soon...just for our friends over the pond. And the nicest guy is...Richard Hammond..........!

Wait what?!?!? SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Matra et Alpine
02-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Did they say if we were going to get to see them ?