PDA

View Full Version : whats a good realistic racing game?

CdocZ
01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
ok, heres more or less what im looking for, the game does not have to fit all the criteria, but should fill as many of them as possible.
1) HUGE amount of cars (updates up for downloading on pc version would be best) (cars themselves MUST be realistic, i dont want to be in a viper gts finding a c5 vette racing ahead of me like it was more then the gts's equal) also, alot of old cars would be nice, but most specifically, a game where you can download updates.
2) power bands and wheelspin and all that stuff is realistic, traction and downforce are very realistic for car, etc. (ESPECIALLY HANDLING)
3) the shifting for each car is very realistic
4) customization. tuners and "relative rice".
5) online play
6) many real tracks, many non-real tracks, multiple types of racing (at least stock and le mans, if not more). drag racing would be nice.

NOTE: these are not in the order of how much i want them.

thanks!

my porsche
01-30-2005, 07:53 PM
PGR2, if you have Xbox live they have update kits

CdocZ
01-30-2005, 07:54 PM
preferably for pc. the way my rooms set up, it would be alot higher quality play in the first place, alot more comfortable, and sound would be alot better. sorry for not mentioning that.

illusionest
01-30-2005, 08:58 PM
GT4 lol too bad im only one of the 2 ppl at UCP that has it :p
get it when it comes out, GT4 now has old cars too, and alot more cars, including a bunch of old ones from GT3
the feel in GT4 is the most realistic driving game ive ever played, when u break and accel ur car moves front and back...u know... when u brake u go forward, and when u accel ur front end raises? yeh, like that, the only that sux is when u crash.... ur screen shakes :S

get GT4 :D or GT3 lol

Pimp racer
01-30-2005, 09:01 PM
GT4 lol too bad im only one of the 2 ppl at UCP that has it :p
get it when it comes out, GT4 now has old cars too, and alot more cars, including a bunch of old ones from GT3
the feel in GT4 is the most realistic driving game ive ever played, when u break and accel ur car moves front and back...u know... when u brake u go forward, and when u accel ur front end raises? yeh, like that, the only that sux is when u crash.... ur screen shakes :S

get GT4 :D or GT3 lol

Your screen is supposed to shake when you crash! Its a added realism type of thing.

F1_Master
01-30-2005, 09:03 PM
The best Sim out now for PC is most likely GTR.

56 cars at once, and top-notch simulation.
There are a lot of new mods coming with cars, so be on the look out for those.

Coventrysucks
01-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes, I have heard GTR is a good one.

Alternatively you could get one of the old school games such as Grand Prix Legends for less than a fistfull of $ and download the myriad of new cars, tracks etc.

There are a few games with extensive mods like that.

Alastor
01-30-2005, 09:36 PM
The best Sim out now for PC is most likely GTR.

56 cars at once, and top-notch simulation.
There are a lot of new mods coming with cars, so be on the look out for those.

The international version is suppose to have some nice improvement (including more cars, more tracks, day-night cycle) too bad it doesn’t come out until spring.

Spastik_Roach
01-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Live For Speed. Download the demo. Graphics arnt' brilliant but game play is second to none. Very realistic. Very cheap aswell.

g01d1e
01-30-2005, 10:44 PM
I would strongly recommend GTR, I have the demo version and I play it with my Ferrari force feedback wheel and it's just incredible. Just the sound of the engine is amazing!!! And when you take off the traction control completely the cars REALLY slide. GREAT RACING SIM!!!

pimento
01-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Yes, the most realistic PC racing games are definatly GTR and LFS. Go to http://www.bhmotorsports.com/ for details and demos and files.

Karrmann
01-31-2005, 04:35 AM
Gran Turismo is the most realistic racing game you can get.

Matra et Alpine
01-31-2005, 10:23 AM
IMHO none of the consoles have got it right yet. As they are focussed on the "younger" market they go for the glitz and the IAMGE of the handling at the expense of realism. Liek Richard Burns rally, you dont' get many chances to make mistakes and stay on track with it. THAT is real life rallying :) Just started career on CMR 2005 and it's loking good so far, but not tried online yet.

PC based sims like GPL are still VERY hard to beat for RWD cars.
GPL has one of the largest cars adn tracks around. Everyone has converted everything to run on it pretty much. BUT it is very unforgiving if the player thinks throttle is waht makes speed :)

TOCA Driver 2 has a pretty good engine and provide a good feedback, one of the best for feeling the fronts push on understeer. BUT at times it seems to be more like GT series in some of the circuits - the street circtuits are a joke :(

The NFS series isn't that great and has a tendency to allow drifting angles and duration that are VERY hard to achieve in real life and VERY easy in the 'game' :(
Too "consoly" :)

CdocZ
01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
ok, i played the gtr demo. thats a bit too realistic. anything very realistic......but still a game? maybe not 100% realistic.....maybe something alot closer to my current racing game, need for speed hot pursuit 2. something more realistic then it but definitly not as realistic as gtr i guess. gtr but with alot more stock racing, and not so incredibly realistic would be perfect. maybe a new nfs game? im lsot so, any advice at all is useful.

Koenigsegg_CC
01-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Gran Turismo 4 is the best racing game by far