PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

tallguynate
02-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys were on facebook. I thought it sounded like a pretty stupid thing, but one of my friends signed me up on it.

fa22_raptor
02-06-2005, 11:46 PM
What's that?

tallguynate
02-07-2005, 02:09 PM
http://www.thefacebook.com/

You basically put up info about yourself along with a picture. You can then connect to people who are your friends as long as they "confirm" that you are friends. You have to have a university e-mail address that is supported on their database to join. But it connects you to all of your friends and your friend's friends, so you can see how many people you are connected to through others. It is kind of interesting. You can also look at people who like the same music, movies, books, etc. But you can only look at other people's profiles if you are connected to them through a friend.

QuattroMan
02-07-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.thefacebook.com/

You basically put up info about yourself along with a picture. You can then connect to people who are your friends as long as they "confirm" that you are friends. You have to have a university e-mail address that is supported on their database to join. But it connects you to all of your friends and your friend's friends, so you can see how many people you are connected to through others. It is kind of interesting. You can also look at people who like the same music, movies, books, etc. But you can only look at other people's profiles if you are connected to them through a friend.

I don't know but it sure taste like spam to me.. :cool:

Esperante
02-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Alright, then here's Roger Waters, Nick Mason, David Gimour and Rick Wright. In that order.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/ptr/pfloyd/news/voorkant.GIF

Blue Supra
02-07-2005, 04:25 PM
sounds like an interesting idea. in canberra every 4th person is sposed to know someone you know somehow... i dont know if thats true though. sure seems like it...

tallguynate
02-08-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm not trying to spam it, I was just interested if anyone was on it or not, because apparently I am now that someone made a profile for me.

Decave
02-10-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't know but it sure taste like spam to me.. :cool:

you sound like spam to me. the facebook is a huge thing with a LOT of people in it. its only spam if you don't go to college and you want to feel special by signing up. i don't even think you can sign up if you don't have a designated college e-mail address. and if you like spam as a food then you're gross. :p :p

Decave
02-10-2005, 08:41 AM
Alright, then here's Roger Waters, Nick Mason, David Gimour and Rick Wright. In that order.

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/ptr/pfloyd/news/voorkant.GIF

oommmfffggg. were you at that concert???!!!

SPHFerrari
02-10-2005, 02:21 PM
he obviously wasnt. i have that album though

Esperante
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
oommmfffggg. were you at that concert???!!!
I was there when I was -10 years old.

Decave
02-12-2005, 07:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!

EDIT: Owned SPHFerrari

Esperante
02-12-2005, 07:32 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!

EDIT: Owned SPHFerrari
Did you read my post?

I think it is YOU who have been owned. :D

Rockefella
02-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Did you read my post?

Apparently some of us can not read. ;)

QuattroMan
02-12-2005, 03:10 PM
you sound like spam to me. the facebook is a huge thing with a LOT of people in it. its only spam if you don't go to college and you want to feel special by signing up. i don't even think you can sign up if you don't have a designated college e-mail address. and if you like spam as a food then you're gross. :p :p

yes bunch of fools like are in it, I have true friends not bunch of no ones like you, if facebook has members like who in hell would want be in it???! OHHH! I forgot "SPAM'S" like you... :D

Decave
02-13-2005, 11:37 AM
yes bunch of fools like are in it, I have true friends not bunch of no ones like you, if facebook has members like who in hell would want be in it???! OHHH! I forgot "SPAM'S" like you... :D

ummmm. learn how to speak correctly. no wonder you don't want to sign up. you couldn't even make it into a college. :cool:

Decave
02-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Did you read my post?

yes i did :p but still. i wasn't looking for a random - before a number!