PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Enforcer moment of 2003

fpv_gtho
01-04-2004, 07:49 AM
What would be the best moment in 2003 between Ingall and someone else on track, out of the following:

1: Round 13 - Ingall swerving towards Skaife who was standing on the side of the road yelling back at him.

2. Round 11 - Ingall pulling out right infront of Murphy in put lane, putting a smallish scratch on the VY's front bumper, in the press conference afterwards Murphy was pleading his case to Ingall trying to prove Ingall was in the wrong, using all types of hand gestures and Ingall sat back, had a drink, relaxed for a while and the stuards declared no gain was achieved

last but not least

3. Round 10 - After about 5-8 cars being held up by Larry Perkins, someone finally made a break and everyone else followed, but as Ingall passed his former team mate, the words "Get off the road u F*ckin old woman!!" slipped out of his mouth

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 12:51 AM
was that ingall that said that about perkins.i heard it on the teley but i didnt know who said it....well i was impressed with his driving at pekakhue....getting thru all the traffic whilst ambrose was behind him coming for the ride, some of the moves he was pulling were fairly gutsy, then letting ambrose finish ahead of him was quite sporting of him....oh i mean when his car was running out of fuel and ambrose slipped passed him was a bit unfortunate for ingall! hehe

fpv_gtho
01-05-2004, 01:26 AM
yeah it wouldve been ingal that said it, i dont think he ever got on with larry despite winning bathurst twice with him. i was also surprised at how easiy he gave up the lead to ambrose race 2 rnd 11 when he came out of the pits ahead of him, ingall enged up taking it back though

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 02:30 AM
well i think things soured at bathurst in 2001 when ingall and perkins where in the top 2 or 3 in the race and larry hit the wall on the pit entry and ruin there chances of winning.

fpv_gtho
01-05-2004, 02:32 AM
well that wouldve put a reasonable amount of doubt in ingalls mind about perkin's driving capabilities, but they hit back the next year with a 2nd place

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 02:41 AM
well ingall said in "auto action" that his relationship with larry perkins was like a bad marriage, so he moved on into a better team!

fpv_gtho
01-05-2004, 03:20 AM
well with how much SBR have improved since signing ambrose in 2001 they could easily be considered the best team

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 03:46 AM
hes unbelievable isnt he, i think in his first ever race in the v8 supercar series he got provisional pole and he won a few rounds in his second year and well last year he dominated most of the races....hell only get better too...go AMBROSE!

fpv_gtho
01-05-2004, 03:51 AM
well the story of his motorsport career is he spent a year or so in formula ford and cleaned up the competiton, went on to formula 3 doing much the same, beating people like steven johnson and wait for it, kimi raikkonen, before his team went bust so he contacted the late howard marsden about any opportunities over here and he got shown SBR who signed him up without even sticking him in a car for a test. he took the whole fielld by surprise by taking pole on his first round but it was at darwin later that year that he took a victory. 2002 he equalled skaife for 5 poles and completely cleaned up last round at sandown, taking pole and winning all of the races. 2003 he started on a low because of a completely new car, but took 5 poles, 6 round wins, 4 of which were in a row.

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 08:31 PM
now that Ingalls had a full season under his belt in the ford, how do you reckon hell go this year?Mind you he did win the first ever race last year in a ford!

fpv_gtho
01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
well i think ambrose will stay the better driver, but we'll probably see more SBR 1-2 finishes and perhaps even ingal on the number 2 spot at the end of the year

SHAKER
01-05-2004, 11:42 PM
well hes finished bridesmaid in the championship 3 times i think, the last time he got 2nd in the championship he said if he was a woman hed consider changing his sex lol

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 12:39 AM
well with the points system, im sure he could accept another second place if it was behind someone like ambrose by a small margin. its going to get damn near impossible to be in the clear like how skaife was 2002, i think he ended up finishing 600 points infront of murphy who was onyl about 70 points ahead of ambrose, who was only about 20 points infront of bright

SHAKER
01-06-2004, 12:51 AM
yeah the double points for the endurance rounds really killed the points championship in 2002

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 01:01 AM
i dont know anything about a double points for endurance round rule, but i had a look at the points board for 2002 and theyve got like 5 different amounts of points they gave out, between about 150 and 400 for clipsal

SHAKER
01-06-2004, 02:29 AM
thats what they were doing at the endurance rounds, offering double points, so if you had 2 dnfs in adelaide...(sat and sun).then youd be double the points behind the race winners or people who finished say top 3 for the round.

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 02:43 AM
i still dont totally understand how it worked.

SHAKER
01-06-2004, 03:08 AM
say in a normal round if you got 100 for 1st, 80 for sec 60 for 3rd
in a endurance round it would be 200 for 1st 160 for 2nd, 120 for 3rd.
so basically if you had a vey poor result or a dnf in an endurance round the firld would leap frog ahead of you and you wouldnt be able to peg them back beacuse youd be way behind.

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 03:12 AM
oh ok i understand that one now. i think for last years bathurst, all the done with the points was changed the difference between positions from 6 points to 4 points, but thats probably because of the extra cars on the field

SHAKER
01-06-2004, 03:37 AM
yes, quite possibly but im not to sure, youll have to ask mr cochrane bout that one

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 03:45 AM
well the current 192 points comes from 32 cars scoring points times 6 points buffering. with over 50 cars in bathurst they reduced the poitns buffering when they shouldve increased the total attainable points

SHAKER
01-06-2004, 09:27 PM
well well leave that to the officials and soforth, if its unfair sysstem theyll know about it in a hurry, look at the bagging colin bond and his crew got on tv about there decision about murp hitting lowndsey

fpv_gtho
01-06-2004, 11:21 PM
im seriously starting to think thoguh that theyre taking backwards steps. they made it so the winner of bathurst has an even higher percentage of points available for 1st. like lowndes and seton each got 188 points at bathurst

SHAKER
01-07-2004, 06:24 PM
what was the reception for them like at the podium?i didnt watch that part

fpv_gtho
01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
it was pretty equal with ford and holden fans going crazy, holden getting 5 wins in a row and for getting 3rd and second and all, but there was a pretty big roar when seton and lowndes were announced 2nd. i just realised my last post doesnt make any sense. i meant to say theyve made it so 2nd at bathurst has a higher percentage of points available to first. alot of people dispute 2nd getting 184 points when 1st gets 192, so what did they do, they gave 2nd more points

SHAKER
01-08-2004, 07:52 PM
well yes 5 in a row, but atleast 3 of those times there was a ford right up there clacker in second spot......the djr car one year ozemail car another then fpv last year....one year they did blow us out the water, think that was 2001.

fpv_gtho
01-11-2004, 01:59 AM
2002 we didnt do all that great, i think we got at best 6th or something, but i think next year we'll win and ambrose will probably do it. he took the championship off holden so he'll be our best chance at taking back bathurst

SHAKER
01-11-2004, 06:15 PM
well i dont understand why the car was off the pace at bathurst last year.was there any explanation from sbr about that?

fpv_gtho
01-11-2004, 07:41 PM
the #4 car had to be toned down a bit so that ingal was more comfortable driving it and it sacrificed speed on both accounts. ingall goes for a far more conservative car setup than ambrose and i guess he wasnt as comfortable pushing the car to the limits when it was also set up for ingall

SHAKER
01-12-2004, 01:08 AM
so ingall cost him sandown and bathurst then.....if you look at it that way =P

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 02:29 AM
in a way yes, but it wasnt car setup that lost them the races. sandown ingall spun the car and bathurst ambrose ran over a bit of debri, cut up one of his tires and had to make another pitstop. had it been ambrose with someone else he could very well have given murphy a run for his money in the shootout and qualifying though