PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

6'bore
02-07-2005, 09:05 AM
I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this car. My dad is really interested. He just can't make his mind up about the colour, A special order 'missano red'

AUDI TT 1.8 T Quattro , 2 Doors, Coupe, 2003 03 Reg , 8,000 miles, Missano Red. Black Leather Heated Sports Seats, 18" Alloy Wheels, Traction Control, Trip Computer, Body Coloured Bumpers, Climate Control, Bose Sound System With CD, Xenon Headlights, FVAGSH, 1 Owner From New, Superb Example £20,999

:Exige:
02-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Theres plenty of other things Id rather have .. Exige S1 included. I also dont like the looks .. too bulbous. But it makes a great everyday sports car. See if you can get the price down.

6'bore
02-07-2005, 09:48 AM
That is something everybody would do. It is a very fair price. Ive sat in the car and it is immaculate. A genunine reason for sale, He was a dj and his wifge is having a baby therefore he has to sell. It has everything on it and it seems to be a fair price

jones.dk
02-07-2005, 09:56 AM
which version of the 1.8 T is it? 150, 180 or 225 hp?

6'bore
02-07-2005, 10:18 AM
150? Can't say I knew there was a 150 bhp version. Its a 225, you cna see from the exhausts at the back. 180 = 1 exhaust. 225 = 2 exhausts

Mustang
02-07-2005, 10:21 AM
i fell that the TT has always been under powered, your better getting a nice TVR :D

:Exige:
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
i fell that the TT has always been under powered, your better getting a nice TVR :D
For that money you could get a top spec Chimaera with change or a good Cerbera .. maybe even a Tuscan if your lucky :) I dont think hes brave enough to go for a TVR :p

6'bore
02-07-2005, 10:31 AM
He probably isnt. He just wants a nice comfortable car. He isnt to bothered about speed

SlickHolden
02-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Should look at the 350z, On 5th gear it done the TT on the track.

d-quik
02-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Personally I can't take the fact that i could get the golf R32 for about the same price.

QuattroMan
02-07-2005, 02:03 PM
I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this car. My dad is really interested. He just can't make his mind up about the colour, A special order 'missano red'

AUDI TT 1.8 T Quattro , 2 Doors, Coupe, 2003 03 Reg , 8,000 miles, Missano Red. Black Leather Heated Sports Seats, 18" Alloy Wheels, Traction Control, Trip Computer, Body Coloured Bumpers, Climate Control, Bose Sound System With CD, Xenon Headlights, FVAGSH, 1 Owner From New, Superb Example £20,999

RED!!!! go for the red it looks nice Audi has the best red ever, here is my car in red,,,,,I only buy red cars...

SlickHolden
02-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I really think red is the most used and overused color i have ever seen.

Blue Supra
02-07-2005, 04:27 PM
yeh you should get a yellow car. most underused and underrated colour but damn it looks good on just about anything.

6'bore
03-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Sorry to dig the thread up guys, But just an update to say that my dad eventually bought the car on thursday night, and we went and picked up up yesterday afternoon. He didnt tell me he had bought it and I only realised when we went to the show room and the guy said, ' Hey, are you here to pick the TT up.'

Spent alot of time in it yesterday as my dad was getting a feel for the car and we went and saw relatives to show them the new car. The more time I spent in it the more time I fell in love with it. I love the cabin, the comfort, and the over all look of the car. But most of all I love the engine. I couldnt get enough of the whistle of the turbo, especially around 4000 rpm. CAn't say we pushed it to its full potential, although we did manage to take it up to around 120 mph on the motorway. But overall I am very impressed with car which turned out to be alot better than I thought it would.

EDIT: My grandad shot some pictures of the car yesterday with his digicam and I am hoping to get them from him in the next few days.

jcp123
03-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Nice job, I've always thought the TT was a neat looking car, probably more handsome than most, though saddled with the yuppie image that BMW's have. I also love the sound of the 1.8T, my Ma had one in her Bug and it sounded better than any 4-banger I've ever heard. Very businesslike and purposeful up to about 3500 or 4000, then it sounded a little overworked. Still, they did a nice job designing it, long stroke for low-end, turbo for midrange, and 5 valve heads for top end.

6'bore
03-07-2005, 07:26 AM
I was just on the dealers website which my dad did a trade in with the car, and he has put it on his website with some pictures, here is what he says about it.

BMW 318 Ci , 2001 Y Reg , 17,000 miles, Metallic Titanium Silver. Black Sports Trim, Climate Control, Full Elec Pack, Elec Folding Mirrors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, BMW Stack CD System, 17" Alloy Wheels, 1 Owner From New with FSH, Superb Example £12,599

6'bore
03-07-2005, 07:27 AM
He gave my dad £12,000 for his Beemer, so he is only making £600 on it, Which i think is strange, I thought he would have put it up for more really.

Matra et Alpine
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Still think they look like hair-dressers car.
I'll be on the Isle of Man with one next week, so might drop a few pics and reports on NO SPEED LIMITS DRIVING on the mountain roads when I get back :)

VtecMini
03-07-2005, 11:46 AM
He gave my dad £12,000 for his Beemer, so he is only making £600 on it, Which i think is strange, I thought he would have put it up for more really.

I was always under the impression that car dealers put their prices higher than they actually think they can sell it for to account for the unavoidable bartering process. £600 isn't really a massive haggle on a £12,000 car. So if he's not making any money on the BMW, it therefore leads one to assume that he made a big profit on the TT. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

On the subject of the TT, I really don't like them. To be frank, I'd rather have a nicely decked out Golf 4Motion, or just have kept the 3 Series. At least neither of those two are as suggestive. Can you get an S3 for that money? I'd like one of those. More practical too I guess.

6'bore
03-07-2005, 11:48 AM
JUst been updated on the website, They have put new 18 inch wheels on the beemer and added an extra £400 to the price, it looks pretty good now though.

BMW 318 Ci , 2001 Y Reg , 17,000 miles, Metallic Titanium Silver. Black Sports Trim, Climate Control, Full Elec Pack, Elec Folding Mirrors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Park Distance Sensors, BMW Stack CD System with Cassette, Brand New 18" New MV Alloy Wheels, 1 Owner From New with FSH, Superb Example £12,999

6'bore
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
I was always under the impression that car dealers put their prices higher than they actually think they can sell it for to account for the unavoidable bartering process. £600 isn't really a massive haggle on a £12,000 car. So if he's not making any money on the BMW, it therefore leads one to assume that he made a big profit on the TT. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

On the subject of the TT, I really don't like them. To be frank, I'd rather have a nicely decked out Golf 4Motion, or just have kept the 3 Series. At least neither of those two are as suggestive. Can you get an S3 for that money? I'd like one of those. More practical too I guess.

Nah, once you have been in one, You fall in love with them, and to be honest, those pictures of the TT don't really do it justice, is beautiful in real life, and before I saw this TT. I hated them.lol

Mustang
03-07-2005, 11:54 AM
NO SPEED LIMITS DRIVING on the mountain roads when I get back :)

thats exactly what it was like on the way back from the malcolm wilson no saturday, the roads around coniston lake are amazing and 120mph on the motorway back wasnt bad either :D

targa
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM
if you like a car, buy it. Audi's are pretty solid, so, why not?